Was Sonic Boom a failure because of the glitches and Fps

• Thread starter TheSpiritedWarrior
  • Start date
TheSpiritedWarrior

TheSpiritedWarrior

Never gives up a fight
Towns Folk
Sonic Boom, overall, is not that great, With all those horrible Glitches, it sure is not that great. Hope that 1 gb update comes here soon.

Well it was a failure because SEGA and Sonic team didn't make the game. It was another developer working in it. Plus it was rushed because of the holiday season

Reactions: TheSpiritedWarrior
No, it has nothing to do with being rushed (although that does help.), it was just filled with bad ideas. It was just a lame game, glitches/fps not included. My heart goes out to the miserable saps who got this for Christmas. Stay strong.
:hug: Were here for ya. For 5$ an hour.

Reactions: TheSpiritedWarrior, Knight and 18
I see a failure as a game that was really awful and no one was talking about it.

I see a success as something that internet was booming about even if it was awful. Kinda like Meme Run, but to a more massive degree.

The game itself is a massive failure because of how bad the story was. A game can be broken beyond all hell and still be loved by many, many people. However, due to how popular it is now I'd say it's a success like Sonic '06 is a success.

Any publicity is good publicity.

That's a very open way of looking at it. So only one question remains...
Did Sega intentionally make it bad, just to get Sonic back in the limelight? This must have been done so that more people will buy the next game.
The next one better be the return of our blue messiah.

Reactions: TheSpiritedWarrior and 18
Almost all Sonic games in the past decade are rushed, glitchy, with slowdown troubles and full of bugs. Even though I enjoyed most of them, including the ones people absolutely hated (Shadow the Hedgehog is really underrated IMO) they all felt really rushed. It's the only reason, I think, that Sonic is not as big a success as Mario - cool and smooth on the outside, very rough on the inside.

If SEGA spent some time time reviving their old IPs (Jet Set Radio, shining force, ristar, etc..) and giving sonic some time to cool off, then I think sega would be able to produce a quality sonic game eventually. Even though Sonic colors was amazing and I enjoyed Lost world.

Personally, Mario is my favorite character and I have most of the games for both the wii u and the 3ds. So this sonic thing does not really bother me too much. One thing I should say is Sonic lost world seems really interesting.

It's a massive critical failure that could've sold a bit better if SEGA didn't try and rush Little Red Button (according to reports) and if Sonic Team was involved; SEGA should really focus on their other IPs and take a break from Sonic. If the anniversary is this year, then bust out an epic Sonic game but they should've really spent more time on Lost World before that.

I watched someone play Sonic Boom and I was just like..what is this? Maybe I'm behind on the whole Sonic Boom thing, but all of the characters looked different and sounded different and it didn't appeal to me at all. I'm still waiting for Sonic Adventure 3. I mean just look what they managed to do on the Dreamcast. Imagine them doing that now, on the Wii U. It would be so incredible.

And it's never been denied. I remember someone saying "Maybe if enough people want it..then perhaps" or something along those lines. And I'm fairly certain enough people want it.

I have a theory. I'm starting to think the reason why Sonic games never seem to do well (or at least as well as they used to) is because Sega is giving the series too much innovation. Every game, they add on some new gimmick instead of just going back and building on past ideas. Sonic Unleashed had him be a were hog, then sonic colors had him use aliens to gain new powers, then unleashed was like a galaxy clone. If SEGA just stopped for a bit, and tried building on the foundations of past games instead of repeatedly adding in new ideas, maybe by now Sonic would be awesome, and Sega wouldn't have to resort to having companies make crappy games like Boom

I prefer Sonic Boom than Lost World because Tails, Amy and Knucles are playable and we get something new, old Sonic's games are pretty amazing, but the most of them still the same way and it's important to get something new.

Even if it didn't have so many bugs and fps issues, the game is still pretty bad, its like you took all the bad ellements of sonic games and you put them in one place. Its like if sonic adventure 1 and 2 din't have the speed sections in them, its too boring!

It was really just bad. Apart from all the game breaking bugs and glitches, it seems like half the game wasn't even added in. To make matters worse, the game tells you what to do in very minor detail as far as goals go, on top of only saying it one time. No hints or reminders follow that, so if you aren't paying attention prepare to be lost. Also keep in mind how drastically the style of play shifts between actions or location, one minute you're fighting robots and the next minute you're on a speedway to somewhere.

The general features are lacking too. There's no consequences, it's boring simply because of that. You lose all your rings, show up right at the same spot no progress lost, with more rings. It's unrewarding, in all honesty, when you can basically win the game without really having to try. This game doesn't know what it wants to be, we don't really know what it wants to be either do we? Some of the concepts and ideas were good, but they just didn't succeed in making the game itself good.

That probably is part of the reason why it failed. Another reason is because during development of Sonic Boom, many of the employees quit on the game. This cause the development of Sonic Boom to be rushed, so it's no wonder as to why the game contains so many glitches.

The voice overs (Especially Amy's) could also be a legitimate reason as well lol.

This game failed because it was left in bad hands, most of the main developers left the project so that might effect stuff :p

But if it had those problems but had a good story and gameplay, then it would have been OK

Their voices are different now, the old voices sounds like pets or kids, whatever, and the new voices sounds like teenagers.

The old voicing was actually better ultimately. Can't stand the new ones man, can't stand them.

I was never able to get past the artwork to play this game, I did not like how they made anyone look.

I really kinda didn't like this game mostly because of these things that this game had . Even the first time I even saw it I felt that something was definitely wrong with the game . And I mean like a whole lot , mostly the ones that were listed above . At first I thought that this was going to be a good game , but sadly not :/

Back