What are you hoping for from the Jan 9th Pokemon Direct?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Nintendo shared new information about a 20 minute Pokemon Direct that will air on January 9th, 2019.

I know for certain (gut feeling) that we're getting Pokemon Home news, which will likely be release date and pricing, if any. Or info about two services like a way to transfer Pokemon from 3DS games to Switch, and maybe Pokemon Home as the storage system.

I guess the storage will come with a subscription, unless they include it in with NSO, and the "transfer" will be free.

I'm thinking we'll see more events too. And maybe some online global tournament info.

But yea, maybe they'll tease a Diamond/Pearl remake for the Nintendo Switch :p Althogh I highly doubt it and I'm not really hoping for more remakes. I want totally new Switch games.

Anyway, what are you guys/gals hoping they reveal during the Pokemon Direct?

Considering how SWSH was just released basically, I doubt a new mainline/remake will get announced/teased.

I bet on more pokemon home news, possibly some info on detective pikachu as nintendo announced in a press conference that a follow-up is coming for that (though, considering that, they might not mention that in the direct possibly).

It's a very short direct, so I doubt there'll be much in terms of groundbreaking information.

Reactions: Agentperson
Maybe it's a long shot, but I'm wondering if spinoffs like Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, Pokémon Ranger or Detective Pika would make it to the list. I'm still unsure on what new info will they bring to Pokémon Sword/Shield, but I think it might be related to Pokémon Home, or (by little chance, probs?) addition of more 'mons in the way, if possible.

And I'm not sure if it's the right time for Pokémon Diamond/Pearl remake considering that Sword/Shield was released months ago, but hey, it's their call.

i have lost faith in the main series, so some spin offs hopefully

We'll get a remake of Collosseum and I'll lose it.
We'll get no older mons to be able to transfer unless they are in the dex.
Pokémon SwSh discount for MyNintendo users.
New Pokémon drawing game.
Some sort of new event mon like a Bug/Dragon.

End of Direct.

well, so they announced a dlc with content that in previus games would be by default , and again ,if you want all the content ,you have to pay double (for both versions and now for the dlc exclusive content in each version) i dont have words for this...

at least they announced a remake for the first mistery dungeon game, i hope at least that its good

well, so they announced a dlc with content that in previus games would be by default , and again ,if you want all the content ,you have to pay double (for both versions and now for the dlc exclusive content in each version) i dont have words for this...
Tbh, that's the case with most DLC. We think they should have been free in the core game if it's story-related content.

I don't mind it.

We get the Pokemon either way thanks to Pokemon Home, so no one is really being left out. I don't have too much interest in the single player, for example. But an update will make it possible to use the additional Pokemon over WiFi for competitive battles.

Tbh, that's the case with most DLC. We think they should have been free in the core game if it's story-related content.
not really,there a lot of games where the dlc is truly an additional thing for example, xenoblade torna was directly a prequel game

in this case, they have removed a notorius amount of content, more than 50% of the pokemon, only to make people pay more for part of them via dlc

We get the Pokemon either way thanks to Pokemon Home, so no one is really being left out. I don't have too much interest in the single player, for example. But an update will make it possible to use the additional Pokemon over WiFi for competitive battles.
im sure pokemon home its going to need a paid suscription ,so,it still paying more for things that otherwise would be by default, and good luck getting the dlc pokemon via in-game trading, because the password sistem is even unreliable to trade with specific people

its undeniable that gamefreak its becoming extremely greedy

Reactions: 28142
in this case, they have removed a notorius amount of content, more than 50% of the pokemon, only to make people pay more for part of them via dlc
Does Xenoblade have over 800 monsters or bad guys?

Does Xenoblade have over 800 monsters or bad guys?
everyone can make questions like that...
¿does xenoblade have some controversy about having lied to the fans, for example, saying that clearly recicled content is done for scratch and multiple lies after that,?
¿does pokemon sword and shield have a +80 hour long story, with more stories for each single pokemon family ?
¿is galar as big as the xenoblade 2 regions combined ?

pd:just in case i should mention that even if we have different opinnions, we should keep things civil

Reactions: 28142

Sorry but like, is literally anyone surprised? One of the first things I thought about when I first heard about them cutting out pokemon was that they'd do this exact same thing. Make us pay for what we've already had by default in the past.

I still stick by what I keep saying, this will only just continue to get worse unless us, the fans, do something. And I don't mean just being vocal.

everyone can make questions like that...
Yup, but it was in reply to your issue with the amount of Pokemon.

Pokemon games are normally finished in a day or two since the 3DS days that I can remember. I can go on and ask questions about XBC's lack of online and competitive scene. Or where is Shulk in XBC2 and why he had to be added as DLC..

The real problem is, people were expecting or hoping for too much, and it didn't hit their expectations.

Sorry but like, is literally anyone surprised? One of the first things I thought about when I first heard about them cutting out pokemon was that they'd do this exact same thing. Make us pay for what we've already had by default in the past.
There has never been a single Pokemon game with all of the Pokemon in it.

This DLC is optional. I'm skipping it because I don't have any interest in underground dens. We can go the free route and get the Pokemon through Pokemon Home or trade.

Sorry but like, is literally anyone surprised? One of the first things I thought about when I first heard about them cutting out pokemon was that they'd do this exact same thing.
That's the exact feeling I've got when I heard they cut some of the 'mons, especially when I heard some other folks have done it before. But if you didn't buy the Expansion Pass, you will still get the 'mons featured in the pass via free updates (by using Pokemon Home), probs? Even though things will be different if let's say you want to catch some by yourself.

There has never been a single Pokemon game with all of the Pokemon in it.
sure, there has never been a singles pokemon game with all of the pokemon catchable in it
but the rest were transferable ,or, in the case of gen 6 onwards, trading the ones you wanted via gts

but the rest were transferable ,or, in the case of gen 6 onwards, trading the ones you wanted via gts
And that's what they're trying to do now over time. Clearly they needed more development time to add to the code. I'd understand the issue IF we couldn't use Pokemon Home or trade the upcoming DLC Pokemon to non-DLC users.

And that's what they're trying to do now over time. Clearly they needed more development time to add to the code. I'd understand the issue IF we couldn't use Pokemon Home or trade the upcoming DLC Pokemon to non-DLC users.
I think they have clarified that non-DLC users can still get new expansion 'mons via trading though.

I think they have clarified that non-DLC users can still get new 'mons via trading though.
That's what I'm trying to say.

Clearly they needed more development time to add to the code.

Mmmmmmm no. The entire game is unfinished, the game should have been delayed in general. BUT making people pay for them is not the way at all for it.

DLCs are inherently greedy in the first place, but this is just taking the cake.

DLCs are inherently greedy in the first place, but this is just taking the cake.
That's my opinion of it too, and I'm pretty sure you know this, although through the years I've opened up to buying DLC, but I disagree with the last part. The DLC isn't part of the core story and it's not like we have to depend on it to get the DLC Pokemon.

There was no "To Be Continued" when we were at the Rose Tower.. and then we had to buy DLC to see what happened next lol.
Mmmmmmm no. The entire game is unfinished
Explain. Did you even beat the game? lol.

Explain. Did you even beat the game? lol.

Uh, the bugs, the textures, the pop in, the fact that the credits video is literally a placeholder. I don't mean that the game is unfinished as in, unbeatable. I mean it's unfinished as in, the textures and optimisation aint anywhere near done. I get less then 10 FPS in the wild area way too often and for way too long. None of this should be a thing in an actually finished game.

Back