What are you hoping for from the Jan 9th Pokemon Direct?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Bugs are normal in most games. That's why we have patches :p Although I haven't encountered any game-breaking bugs. Just glitches and exploits, which I don't think they're going to patch.. and I'd rather them not to cause I like the time exploit.

I also don't think they have any intentions of improving graphics.
I get less then 10 FPS in the wild area way too often and for way too long. None of this should be a thing in an actually finished game.
The only time my fps drops is when I'm online in the wild area.

I also don't think they have any intentions of improving graphics.

The only time my fps drops is when I'm online in the wild area.

Graphics are abysmal in some places. While I was wooloo hunting, all I had to look at was the route 1 battle background. It literally looked like a child cut out some cardboard and threw some paint on it for the buildings. That's really not acceptable for a full priced AAA game. I aint expecting realistic next gen graphics, but I expect something half decent to look at at least.

And for the FPS drops, yeah, it generally is when online. But that doesn't excuse it. That's just down to stupidly bad net code and incredibly bad optimisations.

And sure, bugs are normal. But there is a fair amount of them, and the problem is, is that now games are just, expected to have bugs in them, meaning less time can be put into optimising it and polishing it.

I don't think the graphics are going to be improved. Maybe Game Freak just needs better developers and designers I guess?

I don't think the graphics are going to be improved. Maybe Game Freak just needs better developers and designers I guess?

Or, taking time to actually finish a game instead of rushing it out to get sales because they know, and have proven, that people will buy pokemon regardless.

The VGC is gonna be more trash with all the Legendaries coming back. They just bring back the old mons as DLC. The Crown Tundra Legend looks imo like an ugly design. I like the locations but the fact that all I'd want out of it is the story it's a no go in terms of just a single game. It's not like they are linked to other games and there's no message on transferring.

Back