What are your favorite GameBoy, Color and Advance games?

• Thread starter Shyguy7
  • Start date
Gb:My favorite is madagascar because you have to battle all the cool people and go on secret missions and I like the action.GBC:pokwmon firered because i really liked the starter pokemon my favorite one is charmander.GBA:my favorite is pokemon conquests because i really like the contests.

Pokemon fire red. Pokemon water blue .pokemon leafy green.pokemon yellow.I really like pokemon it has aleays been my favorite show.I have seen every pokemon episode.I really like the game because it is fun.It has so much action.I really like charizards fireblast.afire type pokemon are my favorite type.

Reactions: miky898 and BlazingPhoenix
You should know that my favorite GameBoy Advance game is Sonic Advance 2. It's Cream's first game! Seriously, I would need a Cream emblem considering, unfortunately, I'm the only one who cares about her . . . are we going to disappear? Fine. I'll rot with her!

>>GB: Super Mario Land 2 - There's a ton of diverse areas, stages, and enemies throughout the game. The power-ups are pretty cool, too.
>>GBC: Oracle of Seasons - Out of the few games I've played for Color, this one I cherish the most. One of my favorite LoZ games, too.
>>GBA: Kirby and the Amazing Mirrior - The title has the word I'd describe this game as: Amazing! Every single ability I've used at least once to beat the final boss(es) with. :jimlad:

My favorite for GameBoy Advance was Pokemon Pinball Ruby & Sapphire. I remember me playing it when I got it for my 6th birthday. I played it before on a emulator, and it had my favorite music (Ever Grand City music from the original Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald) (My favorite is also Ecruteak City's music, like it so much!), and great gameplay, also got Jirachi :) I still can't believe it was lost, like, 4 months after I got it. I will maybe find it when we will get a new home :) The nostalgia...

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but I really wanted to have my say in this :p

GB: Pokemon RBY. First Pokemon and first RPG I ever played. One of few early handhelds you could invest that many hours in. Great gameplay, awesome soundtrack and the beginning of a reigning dynasty.

GBC: Link's Awakening DX. My favourite LoZ adventure and one of my all-time favourite games. I rate this higher than the Oracle games for several reasons: more intriguing plot, better dungeon design (Eagle's Tower, *chills*) and a much better soundtrack. I recently listened to the Oracle soundtracks and realised I barely remembered them, whereas I can hum the LA soundtrack in my sleep.

GBA: Golden sun. My all-time favourite game, all categories. Lovable characters, unique RPG class mechanics, fantastic soundtrack, epic battle animations for a handheld and nice plot twists when played with its sequel (i prefer to see them as one big game).

I think it'd have to be FireRed for the GBA and Pokemon Pinball for the GB. I love playing Pokemon Pinball. It's really fun to play it and I still haven't gotten a high score yet. FireRed is pretty cool too, but it isn't my favorite Pokemon game of all time. Platinum is.

The Pokemon series were the first games I ever played. I saved up my money to buy the games each time one came out, I was on top of every release. Now that I graduated and don't have a job yet I can only buy them on Christmases, birthdays and other special occasions.

Pokemon Yellow
Pokemon Crystal
Pokemon Ruby.

I actually have a really old game boy
The first game on a game boy I ever played was Mickey Mouse raceing. Though it was kinda fun it was really confusing. Then I aceidentally bought a rom hacked game of Pokemon gold and I got it from stop & shop and instead of Pokemon they were foods. It was funny I got a level 100 cooked steak with grill, juice drip, knife cut, and hyper beam. Then I got Pokemon Fire red it was actually kinda boring. Then I got Pokemon leaf green, for SOME reason vulpix and ninetales made the game 99x better. So yeah also I choose squirtle and I. LOVE. SQUIRTLE!!!!! So yeah, leaf green is my favorite.

So what are your favorite games from the GameBoy family? You have to list one from each system and a reason why you like it!

RULES
.One game per franchise
.Ports are allowed

My favorites are

Gameboy (1989) Metroid 2: Return of Samus: The reason i love this game is because it was the first one i played that got me into the franchise. Sure it wasn't the best metroid game and it wasn't anywhere near as non-linear as its predecesor, but for the hardware at the time it was pretty amazing.

Gameboy Color: Links Awakening DX: Ah Links awakening, one of my favorite zelda games AND its handheld! Now i know this doesn't really count as a GBC title since it was compatible with the old 1989 aswell but hear me out, this game practically transforms when you put it in a GBC, it adds colour as well as a new dungeon with colour based puzzles, allowing you to earn to new tunics! A red one for added strength and a blue one for defence. now GameBoy Colour addons aside this game is truly a masterpiece from the soundtrack to the level design, it is amazing and i highly suggest you check it out!

GameBoy Advance: Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising: Now i am a huge fan of the strategy genre of games, be it the RTS sub genre, or turn-based strategy which is the one we will be talking about today. Advance Wars 2 was a superb sequel to a superb game and it added so much more to the priginal advance wars! New CO's, new maps, new customization options and a new more developed story. It was just more Advance Wars really.

So thats my list and i would be very interested to hear yours.

-Jake
bruh my favorite game is hands down super mario bros 3 i used to have it on my gba sp but besides that my favorite gba game is super star saga it is still my favorite mario rpg game to this day. and my third favorite game is this one game i dont remember the name but it was a ninja turtles game with have no color and was a sidescroller beat-up kind of game it was awsome

Mario and Luigi superstar saga and pokemon ruby were my jams. and Sonic Battle.

Fire Emblem: Sacred stones. I liked the gameplay, story, and graphics back then.

Back