What character do you main in Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS

• Thread starter 3dsatackman
  • Start date
  • #1,161
I play cloud but i don't main him. I know people accuse people who main cloud as maining the easy character to main and that they are trash. I also main fire emblem Roy and i main king dedede, toon link, mario, lucas, and mr game and watch only a little bit like not alot of the time these are my pocket mains. While Roy and cloud i play the most.
I don't think cloud is an easy character to play personally. I've tried using him, and he certainly cannot be played brainlessly. Experienced players will capitalize on his abysmal recovery and the fact that he is pure combo food. (Not to mention combos usually end with him off stage) He is still an amazing character to use because of his spacing and kill setups, but he isn't nearly as braindead as he is made out to be.

• #1,162
I main Bowser in these versions of Smash. At first I found him slow and hard to work with , but I just kept using him and now I feel like I can do pretty alright with him. lol He seems pretty speedy for his size and I'm able to last in the high %"s for a good bit of time and it's really satisfying breaking people's shields with Bowser bombs. I'm still not very good at the game however. lol

• #1,163
Lucario because all his moves are snazzy and precice requiring some skill but still doing a bunch of damage. And the buffs at high percentage is fun to play with. Camehameha spamming anyone?

• #1,164
I use Meta Knight and Shulk the most. I like Meta Knight because of his "mach tornado" standard special move which brings opponents into the tornado to take damage whenever they come too close to it and his "drill rush" too. But you have to be careful when using the "drill rush" though because you might fall off the platform. The fact that he can fly for a brief period of time is from my perspective, an advantage — especially if your opponent's fighter cannot fly. He also has the ability to push enemies into the air with the "shuttle loop" if you manage to hit them.

Shulk is undoubtedly a great fighter too. The Monado is a fairly long blade and is very powerful. If I manage to get up on a higher platform, then I might jump down to a lower platform where my opponent is and hit them mid-air. Especially if you have "jump", it'll be even more powerful and likely throw the player off the map, usually if the opponent has high damage already.

• #1,165
Roy, Zero Suit Samus and Villager

• #1,166
I know im late but still wanted to reply to this post XD My mains were Zelda, Toon Link and sometimes Bayonetta.

• #1,167
Pit, Charizard, Marth, and maybe Greninja. I'll also try the newcomers, since they seem good in general. But one thing is sure. I won't play as Ike again...

don't hate but i main Pac-Man and Sonic.

• #1,168
don't hate but i main Pac-Man and Sonic.
Anyone who hates is just another salty noob that can't adapt to the character in question. Let the haters hate, as they are the ones in the wrong. Main who you want to main, no matter who it is.

• #1,169
I main a lot of characters, but I think my most main main would be Jigglypuff. Underrated character, and I can win a LOT plsying as Jigglypuff. All it takes is practice to master characters like Jigglypuff. Its sleeping move is also very OP. But if you miss the attsck, you're probably screwed haha.

• #1,170
I like to main Greninja. The only problem is that if you accidentally Hydro Pump off the platform, you can't recover and down the pit... Greninja requires control.

I main Meta Knight as well at times. Too bad I always fly down the hole XD

I'm not good at Smash Bros.

• #1,171
I like to main Greninja. The only problem is that if you accidentally Hydro Pump off the platform, you can't recover and down the pit... Greninja requires control.

I main Meta Knight as well at times. Too bad I always fly down the hole XD

I'm not good at Smash Bros.
it's okay.

• #1,172
In this iteration of Smash, I've picked up Link! I'm loving the constant projectile and throwable harrassment. He also has a couple of smashes that can be chained together and a good special set; it keeps the moveset unpredictable!
I used to play Bowser, but I think he's just too slow this time around, and he doesn't get all that much for it.
I'm not very good with Samus, but I love playing her, too! She plays similarly to Link - with not as much harrassment (bombs and missiles) but still good variety in smash attacks. Plus, she's cool!

• #1,173
In this iteration of Smash, I've picked up Link! I'm loving the constant projectile and throwable harrassment. He also has a couple of smashes that can be chained together and a good special set; it keeps the moveset unpredictable!
I used to play Bowser, but I think he's just too slow this time around, and he doesn't get all that much for it.
I'm not very good with Samus, but I love playing her, too! She plays similarly to Link - with not as much harrassment (bombs and missiles) but still good variety in smash attacks. Plus, she's cool!
Im a similar player to you. I tend to play characters like samus, luigi, marth, lucario and villager as they all have some good longer range options to keep the fight going.
I took a break from smash for awhile and when i came back the only character I could figure out was toon link. He has plenty of projectiles, so constantly damaging enemies is very possible. I definitely enjoy creating safe and unsafe areas so my opponents are nervous to approach me.

• #1,174
Definitely Toon Link. Idk I used him the first time I played the game and I was, suffice to say, immediately attached for some reason.

• #1,175
Definitely Toon Link. Idk I used him the first time I played the game and I was, suffice to say, immediately attached for some reason.

I could tell you were going to say Toon Link by seeing your avatar.

Reactions: HDHaikal11
  • #1,176
i main peach in smash bros for 3ds as she has been my favoritr character since smash bros melee for gamecube. while i am no expert at playing any character , i enjoy playing peach the most. i do not follow tier lists , but i will use any character. i look forward to also using daisy in smash bros ultimate

• #1,177
Update: I main Pit and I use Sheik if any matchup is bad for Pit. I mainly like Pit because of his useful arrows and excellent offstage game giving me hard earned KOs and wins. Both of them are fast allowing me to adapt better against people who know what they're doing and shield/punish fast enough for people who don't (unless you are using Dedede Down Smash. That's basically unpunishable.).

• #1,178
Update: I main Pit and I use Sheik if any matchup is bad for Pit. I mainly like Pit because of his useful arrows and excellent offstage game giving me hard earned KOs and wins. Both of them are fast allowing me to adapt better against people who know what they're doing and shield/punish fast enough for people who don't (unless you are using Dedede Down Smash. That's basically unpunishable.).
Pit is pretty good in this game. His new shield attack is really useful and a lot better than his shield in past Smash games.

• #1,179
I mained Shulk, Mario, and Link in Smash for Wii U and 3DS. I really liked Shulk's weapons and abilities, Mario's flood and fireball capabilities were awesome, and Link's bow and arrow were a unique moveset.

• #1,180
So far, I've mained Kirby, Mario, Cpt. Falcon, Samus, Little Mac, and several others.
I tried out Ryu, Cloud, and Bayonetta, and damn, it's no wonder the latter two are overpowered! :jawdrop:

Didn't get to play the Smash Ultimate Demo at Nintendo World or at the Best Buy events, but
definitely want to try out the Ridley and K. K. Rool!

Back