What college do you want to go to?

• Thread starter TheSpiritedWarrior
  • Start date
I want to go to the United States Air Force college because i want to do some thing for the country when i'm older but have less of a chance of slowly bleeding to death from a bullet wound. Plus i've always prefered to be in the air than on the ground.

In America, at least, you pretty much need a degree to do anything worthwhile. The days of not going to college are more or less over.

I'm attending a well-known university so that in a year I can reap the benefits of my school's reputation, without paying massive amounts of money out of pocket since it's not Ivy League or otherwise topping any lists.

I've noticed a lot of MIT in this thread and if that's really what you want, go for it. But, as an educator myself, I'd advise being cautious of schools that let their reputation get to their head - meaning the Ivy League schools and MIT, for instance. Usually these schools are good only for their reputation, since simply existing generates money and mainstream appeal because everybody wants to go to Harvard. The actual quality of these schools has gone down. They're not the great institutions they used to be. They're overpriced shells of their former selves. This is a good read, if anybody hasn't dismissed me yet.
There's also a very good rebuttal to the above.
I was thinking about Harvard but honestly the mumps problem and the the fact there are other universities that have superior theoretical physics programs (I think) has turned me away from Harvard. So far I have three candidates: Princeton University(has a wonderful physics program and the Institute for Advanced Study is only about 1.3 miles away, which feature physicists like Edward Witten and Juan Maldacena), Cornell University, and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology(MIT is my least likely candidate but I am considering it, however, my favorite is Princeton.)

I was thinking about Harvard but honestly the mumps problem and the the fact there are other universities that have superior theoretical physics programs (I think) has turned me away from Harvard. So far I have three candidates: Princeton University(has a wonderful physics program and the Institute for Advanced Study is only about 1.3 miles away, which feature physicists like Edward Witten and Juan Maldacena), Cornell University, and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology(MIT is my least likely candidate but I am considering it, however, my favorite is Princeton.)
I have been wanting to do premed instead of engineering, and in that pathway, I honestly do not know about an ivy league. Paying 60 thousand dollars with just a few eligible scholarships is quite a burden, considering the fact that you have to study for 10 years. I'd rather not get 400 hundred thousand dollars in debt and take a full ride to a fairly good private university and then transfer later on to Harvard (One of the best medical schools). Of course, this can change, and if I do go into an ivy league (a seriously slim chance), then I may accept the debt and spend a few years paying off all that debt.

Back