AC:NL What do you like to do at the Tropical Island?

• Thread starter SpiderCider
  • Start date
SpiderCider

SpiderCider

Ahuhuhu~
Towns Folk
I like the tropical island, it's a really great getaway from your mayoral business >.<
I feel like people go there more often as I do and spend all their Bells just to go there...
What do you like to do at Island Tortimer (At least I think that's what the island is called)?

Me? I like to, of course, take tours and buy a souvenir with my medals. However, I also like to collect tropical fruit and bugs and fish and take them home with me. It's a really great experience!

It's a very convenient way to get bells. Just came back from the island and got 3 sharks, 2 nautilus, 1 giant trevally, 4 barred knifejaws, 3 surgeon fish, 1 moray eel. 1 red snapper, 3 rays, 1 ribbon eel, 1 butteryfly fish, 4 napoleonfish, 1 whale shark, 2 ocean sunfish, 2 saw shark, 3 hammerheads, 1 lanternfly, 1 cyclommatus, 1 horned dynastid, 1 tiger beetle, and 1 pufferfish.

When I calculated the total I got, my mouth was foaming like Fry from Futurama. A total of 210550 bells! Need to really go back and catch some more sharks! :D

Funny story: I caught a hammerhead with a full inventory, swapped out a sea bass, and as soon as I did, another shark-esque shadow appeared. Fished it out and it was another hammerhead! o_O

Reactions: BulletBill1019
It's a very convenient way to get bells. Just came back from the island and got 3 sharks, 2 nautilus, 1 giant trevally, 4 barred knifejaws, 3 surgeon fish, 1 moray eel. 1 red snapper, 3 rays, 1 ribbon eel, 1 butteryfly fish, 4 napoleonfish, 1 whale shark, 2 ocean sunfish, 2 saw shark, 3 hammerheads, 1 lanternfly, 1 cyclommatus, 1 horned dynastid, 1 tiger beetle, and 1 pufferfish.

When I calculated the total I got, my mouth was foaming like Fry from Futurama. A total of 210550 bells! Need to really go back and catch some more sharks! :D

Funny story: I caught a hammerhead with a full inventory, swapped out a sea bass, and as soon as I did, another shark-esque shadow appeared. Fished it out and it was another hammerhead! o_O
Wow! That's awesome! I tried to catch a shark one time, but I failed. Plus, they're rare to come by.

Wow! That's awesome! I tried to catch a shark one time, but I failed. Plus, they're rare to come by.
Try going to the island around 4-6 PM. Around the time when the sun begins to set would be the ideal time to go. There, lots of stags and big fin fishes will begin to appear and such.

Relaxation? Ha! Who relaxes on an island when you can rig it for maximum bell making!
I make sure everything is perfect for those expensive bugs to spawn and start walking around it with my net!
If i see a bug chillaxin' on a tree, I slowly sneak up to it, then BAM! Bug in my net, bug in my pants!
I fill my box full of bugs and smuggle them back to my town.
The boat and ReTail are on opposite sides of my town, so I have to do a lot of running.
I get that cash flowing, and then go back to the island to do it again!
That's life for ya!

Reactions: BulletBill1019
Relaxation? Ha! Who relaxes on an island when you can rig it for maximum bell making!
I make sure everything is perfect for those expensive bugs to spawn and start walking around it with my net!
If i see a bug chillaxin' on a tree, I slowly sneak up to it, then BAM! Bug in my net, bug in my pants!
I fill my box full of bugs and smuggle them back to my town.
The boat and ReTail are on opposite sides of my town, so I have to do a lot of running.
I get that cash flowing, and then go back to the island to do it again!
That's life for ya!
Um, yeah, same with me...
I guess...

Try going to the island around 4-6 PM. Around the time when the sun begins to set would be the ideal time to go. There, lots of stags and big fin fishes will begin to appear and such.
Thanks for the advice! :)

I think you can still get the good catches past 6, the longest I went was 4-8 or so. I'm not completly sure, but it is worth a shot anyways!

I think you can still get the good catches past 6, the longest I went was 4-8 or so. I'm not completly sure, but it is worth a shot anyways!
Yeah, I didn't see sharks, but I did see a lot of bugs that came out in the night. Cool! ^-^

I like the events, and seeing the satesfication as you gain all those bells! The events can be hard, but also fun, always trying to get the highest score possible! I also like bringing home Sharks and Giant bugs, because they sell for a fortune! Finally, I like bringing home and planting there fruit, seeing as your actions add in a whole new type of fruit for your town!

My various Island tasks:
  • Cringe at the beetles
  • "OMG IT'S A SHARK" *shark runs away*
  • Smirk at the little girl for ripping you off
  • Farm beetles for $$$$
  • Sometimes, scuba diving. But it makes me impatient cause it's sooo slow >.<

I like the events, and seeing the satesfication as you gain all those bells! The events can be hard, but also fun, always trying to get the highest score possible! I also like bringing home Sharks and Giant bugs, because they sell for a fortune! Finally, I like bringing home and planting there fruit, seeing as your actions add in a whole new type of fruit for your town!
Omg yes! Same!

My various Island tasks:
  • Cringe at the beetles
  • "OMG IT'S A SHARK" *shark runs away*
  • Smirk at the little girl for ripping you off
  • Farm beetles for $$$$
  • Sometimes, scuba diving. But it makes me impatient cause it's sooo slow >.<
Yeah the beetles creep me out too. But do you go to any TOURS? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Me I like to relax and sleep..... zzzz zzzzzzz zzzzzzz :hilarious:. JK I go to the beach of the Island and catch endless amount of rare bugs and sharks. To catch rare bug you must conquer nature and chop down the trees and dig the bushes. Of course they only appear at night. And competitively get medals to get that swim suit. Pretty much almost everyone do here.

I find catching the rare bugs too tedious so I just go on tours or go on tours and collect fruit.

Me I like to relax and sleep..... zzzz zzzzzzz zzzzzzz :hilarious:. JK I go to the beach of the Island and catch endless amount of rare bugs and sharks. To catch rare bug you must conquer nature and chop down the trees and dig the bushes. Of course they only appear at night. And competitively get medals to get that swim suit. Pretty much almost everyone do here.
Yup haha :rotfl:

I try to fish for sharks most the time, it's pretty tough >.<

When the sharkies aren't there I'll catch some bugs then play the events for awhile, I'm not super bell hungry so I just go and do whatever I want xD (which is probably why my house is so small ;-; )

I go to do tours and farm bugs for money

I usually just go and collect all the fruits/bugs/fish I can and sneak them into my town. :p Then maybe take a couple of tours/activity stuffz and get lots of medals. I also really like listening to what Kapp'n says and his singing, especially his singing. xD

I use it mostly to earn bells, it is really the easist way to earn them as some bugs can be worth above 30k bells and imagine how many fruits you would have to sell for that much :p. The island is also great for social interaction and just chatting to somtimes friendly sometimes downright creepy people :p.

I usually just go and collect all the fruits/bugs/fish I can and sneak them into my town. :p Then maybe take a couple of tours/activity stuffz and get lots of medals. I also really like listening to what Kapp'n says and his singing, especially his singing. xD
Omg same! Once I get home I collect the fruits and plant them :p

Back