Fantasy Life What do you think about Fantasy Life 3ds?

• Thread starter Lonqu11
  • Start date
I've never played it, because in the trailers, it was revealed that really, you can only do things specific to your class. You want to mine a mineral? Well, you can't, 'cause you're not a miner. You're a miner now? Great! You can't do anything else, though.

Like, ???
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but the lack of things you can do seem like they'll be more of an annoyance than the one thing you're able to do as any single class.

I'm used to Rune Factory 4, where you can fish, craft, forge, cook, gather, chop lumber, and mine all in the same day. And you're not required to "switch classes" or whatever. You're just you. And you do things.

So, I vote nay on this game (and seeing as no one's posted in this section of the forum since last year, it seems the game is about as good as I expected it to be)
Once learned from the appropriate class, you can use any skill no matter which class you are. (Changing classes is actually an irritating bit of work tho. Gotta run back to the department, tell the man you wanna change classes... really sucks me out of the task-at-hand doing all that work. And while in one class, certain senior skills you have at another class can't be used if you're doing anything of that class you're not.)

There's a bit of a demand to know class skills that go hand-in-hand with other skills, like a miner can smith the mined metals into weapons and armor, which he can also use if he were a knight.
Or a lumberjack can carve his split wood into furniture as a carpenter, or things like that.

Personally I really didn't like that the same "three stations" mini game was used for cooking, alchemical crafting, smithing, artisanship, shop work, and so on. I really wished all those functions were more engaging than they were.

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64
I love this game!

I got it a few days ago because I had some money on my eshop credit I've been saving and finally decided on getting this. (Don't quite have enough for the dlc though.)

The game reminds me of a more interactive version of Animal Crossing, but with a LOT more to do. Kinda wish there was a farmer life though D:

So far I've only got the carpenter and wood chopper life (First was carpenter, then thought I'd get the wood
chopper one so I don't need to buy logs anymore). Next I'll probably go for the tailor life since then I can make some more stuff for the carpenter life.

I love how all the lives fit together, it's great! I also love how you don't just get everything at once, you have to work for each skill separately. The story is also pretty nice so far.

Back