What do you think about paper straws?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I tried it the other day and I'd rather pour the drink in a glass tbh.

What do you guys think about paper straws?

Last edited:
sksksksk save the turtles

I would get a reusable straw just for the convenience and because paper straws degrade over time, and if you reuse those straws you probably are going to be succing on some paper. At the same time though, it's better for the environment and very biodegradable which is nice, but something like a glass straw would be pretty nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Agentperson
Plastic straws can go to hell along with all other single use plastics.

However, the main use for straws is for disabled people. Some people are allergic to the bio-degradable "plastic" straws as well, some people are adverse to the metal ones for whatever reason and the paper straws.... Sorry ocean but I'll never use the paper straws. Basically there's just been no "one size fits all" straw invented yet, but people who use straws we've kinda just brought some reuseable ones we like and just use them.

Just need a good alternative tbh.

Reactions: Jisenku
I tried it the other day and I'd rather pour the drink in a glass tbh.

What do you guys think about paper straws?
paper straws are horrible. every time i get a whopper and a drink from Burger King, they give me paper straws! the starws then get soggy from my drink, and i wonder why i ddnt just get my own drink.....i hate paper straws. i honestly dont care if they're "good for the environment" (dont get me wrong, i live here, i dont want earth to be dying anytime soon), i hate them. i'd much rather use biodegradable plastic, or just a freakin cup. no more paper straws!

Reactions: Jisenku and Agentperson
i honestly dont care if they're "good for the environment"

Fun fact: Paper straws arent. Because they're coated in so much to stop it from instantly soaking as soon as it touches liquid, this stops it from breaking down nearly as easily.

• Informative
Reactions: Artisan, Jisenku, Agentperson and 1 other person
Fun fact: Paper straws arent. Because they're coated in so much to stop it from instantly soaking as soon as it touches liquid, this stops it from breaking down nearly as easily.
wow.
they lie...

Reactions: Jisenku and 28142
So we are basically getting a crappier version of plastic straws and we are harming the environment just as much.

skskskscrew the turtles then

So we are basically getting a crappier version of plastic straws and we are harming the environment just as much.

skskskscrew the turtles then

technically they are a bit better for the enviroment because they are more flimsy, they do breakdown a little bit faster (a few decades or whatever) and are less sharp, but yeah, still not great.

Reactions: Jisenku
I'd be getting a lot less chemicals in my system if we all used plastic instead of paper. Then again what does it take to make them. Abolish straws altogether and in the future we'll all be using sippy cups to avoid waste.

• Funny
Reactions: phofufury
Abolish straws altogether and in the future we'll all be using sippy cups to avoid waste.

However, the main use for straws is for disabled people.

Okay but feed bag.

what?

Think IV bag but with water instead. Technically a straw is a tube but is a tube a straw?

Think IV bag but with water instead. Technically a straw is a tube but is a tube a straw?

Or maybe allow disabled people some decency with a straw? Straw gives freedom and discreteness, a tube just sounds dehumanising and clumsy.

Friendly reminder that the war on straws is propaganda started by corporations to avoid accountability for their own pollution (most environmental pollution is caused by just 100 companies!!).

That said, paper straws sound horrible. I don't want to taste paper in addition to whatever I'm drinking.

Friendly reminder that the war on straws is propaganda started by corporations to avoid accountability for their own pollution (most environmental pollution is caused by just 100 companies!!).

Pretty wrong, even if this is a joke it's pretty misleading. Yes a lot of the general pollution (air/water/etc) are by a few main companies. BUT, a ton of single use plastics and things like fishing line litter the seas like crazy and cause death and harm to too many sea creatures. All of that is mainly caused by consumers choosing not to help elimate single use plastics (such as plastic straws)

Pretty wrong, even if this is a joke it's pretty misleading. Yes a lot of the general pollution (air/water/etc) are by a few main companies. BUT, a ton of single use plastics and things like fishing line litter the seas like crazy and cause death and harm to too many sea creatures. All of that is mainly caused by consumers choosing not to help elimate single use plastics (such as plastic straws)

.-.
Not a joke; plastic straws are a tiny percentage of the plastic currently in the ocean. Corporations need to take more responsibility for their actions. Individuals honestly can't do much on their own.

If you hate plastic straws so much, at least advocate for metal ones.

.-.
Not a joke; plastic straws are a tiny percentage of the plastic currently in the ocean. Corporations need to take more responsibility for their actions. Individuals honestly can't do much on their own.

"Tiny percent" when it comes to something like this is still a huge number. They still cause a ton of destruction. Individuals can also do a lot on their own, if everyone decides as a team to stop using single use plastics, that will change a lot more than you'd think.

"Tiny percent" when it comes to something like this is still a huge number. They still cause a ton of destruction. Individuals can also do a lot on their own, if everyone decides as a team to stop using single use plastics, that will change a lot more than you'd think.

Disabled people still need to use straws. If your solution doesn't include them, it's ableist.

Disabled people still need to use straws. If your solution doesn't include them, it's ableist.

Literally go read my first post please

Back