What do you think about physical Nintendo games being sold without game cards?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
I would say it's a waste of paper and plastic. Why have a nintendo case but no game included and just have a full download? They might as well make it a downloadable gane instead of producing polution and waste of paper to make a case with out the physical game inside it. Instead they should do a full download but like the eshop gift card type of style.

Reactions: Hibiki_Kuze, AricAttack and 28142
I would say it's a waste of paper and plastic. Why have a nintendo case but no game included and just have a full download? They might as well make it a downloadable gane instead of producing polution and waste of paper to make a case with out the physical game inside it. Instead they should do a full download but like the eshop gift card type of style.
Plus at Walmart, and pretty much every hypermarket in the US, they usually have the gift cards right next to the game shelves anyway, so there’s really no point in it tbh

I think it's very weird tbh and a waste of plastic. I would just be fine getting a download card for the game to just get the code for Nintendo switch instead of getting a whole box with a code inside. I understand it's a collectors item but it's just now for me. The concept of a box with no gamecard in it just makes no dang sense tbh. But, that's just my opinion.

If they were the same price, I would buy the version with a box I guess. I guess it'll feel like a special edition in a way. But it would be easier to just buy it on the eshop. I think this is done so that people who go to stores can buy it too. If it's limited to the eshop, people will buy it, but they will get much more sales if it's sold at stores. Parents might be searching for a game for their kids and there's a chance they'll see this and buy it. While they could just sell cards with the code on it, this would look more attractive to the consumer.

This seems pretty redundant. The entire concept of physical copies is that they're supposed to be, well, physical. Why would anyone want to specifically go to the store to buy a plastic box? Because this doesn't seem like much more than exactly that.

Back