What do you think about Skyward Sword?

• Thread starter EstebanTill2
  • Start date
Sad to say I didn't really enjoy it. It wasn't exactly a bad game, but it wasn't a good one by a long-shot.

I really liked the motion controls. Everything worked perfectly for me and it enhanced the combat. Button mashing is a bit boring in my opinion. However I can see how swinging the wii remote can be frustrating and annoying for some people.
not saying the motion controls was a bad idea, it really enhanced gameplay, but sometimes, my sword swinging gets glitchy (it becomes difficult to swing vertically). and i hate that flying bug thing. it just goes crazy, what i find weird if flying goes pretty smooth.

It wasn't my favorite, as the graphics were slightly off-ish and the puzzle just weren't as good :p

I liked the other bosses on other games way better than skyward sword and puzzles because they were slightly more "interesting" :) Overall, 7/10 because its a Zelda game

Skyward Sword is a great game and features great graphics and another bunch of characters. Skyward Sword is a mix of the more realistic TP Link, and the more cartoonish Toon Link, this art style was unique to this game and made it fun. The Ancient Cistern was one of the best water dungeons in and Zelda game and had a great boss.

I have been reading quite a lot of posts here but I don't recall reading something about this one. what do you think about it? have you played the game? Would you play this game=?
i played the game till the end and let me tell you that you are gonna hate the controller a lot, motion controls are annoying when trying to do a specific move like the stab, or a diagonal slash and some enemies have you spam slashing them everywhere (maybe is just me?),flying the bird is fine if you can control it perfectly, the story...well, i'l let you find out if you play the game. (don't wanna spoil people with the story)

It wasn't my favorite, as the graphics were slightly off-ish
Graphics were soooo pretty tho D:

I really enjoyed the game. The motion controls weren't too bad and they added a little bit of strategy to the games. ^_^ I remember getting stuck in the very beginning of the game, because I wasn't aware you had to slide across of a ledge so I was running around like a maniac, confused on where to go :p I barely remember it, but my favorite part of the game was that place thing with a center and there were monsters all around. I think you had to go on top of the hill and kill enemies while at it >.< Point being, I really enjoyed the game. The only bad thing was that going to the same dungeons over and over got boring. I wish they'd add more locations. D:

It's my favorite Zelda (But I'm not sure if I'd call it the best, It's between that and Oot 3D) . I like the motion controls a lot. But one thing I'd like to see is how the game would've turned out without motion controls!

Well I have to say that motion controls can be difficult at first but once you give it a try, they become handable. I think it is up to the players, I mean I have a friend who is still trying to slain a monster in mhtri because he can't cope with the motion controls. About the story, well... i agree it is not the best zelda title but it is good enough and worth to be played by every fan of the franchise. Honestly I couldn't stop playing it till the end.

Many friends of mine say that this game is the best there ever was. I don't own the game myself, although one of my friends was going to let me borrow his copy. He never did and I have no explanation about this game. From the images, I was able to tell that you can only carry a certain amount of items, which is great because sometimes Zelda games have items I don't even use (Fire Arrows, Ice Arrows etc.)

I thought that Skyward Sword was an excellent addition to the Zelda series, and one that deserves way more praise for what it did than the Zelda community often gives it. They tend to coma pin about its motion controls and relatively short length, but I've never seen a problem with either of these, as the motion controls work just fine and the game has some of the best puzzles in the series.

Back