What do YOU want of and for the NX?

• Thread starter Blue Knight
  • Start date
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Water Spirit
Towns Folk
Post here what you want the NX to be and why, as well as why ypu think it should be that way (please take into consideration possible marketing, sales and game library, saying "ow I want it to be a ball that splits itself and levitates with telekinesis" doesn't cut it)

What I want of it is as follows:

I'd like for the next generation that Ninty releases only one console, in order to focus quality titles and capitalize on sales.

Should it be a home console or portable console? In my opinion, it should be neither. There's a way for it to be both.

It can be a portable console, with hardware either equal or superior (which would be the better choice) to the Wii U's in order to allow for higher degrees of freedom for developers, and of course to use the better hardware to make better games.

Being a portable consoles, it should logically be, uh, portable, so it should have a small size, but considering the specs it'll have, a size about as big as the n3ds XL or slightly bigger would do. As for design, one similar to the DS family would do, by this I mean dual screens, the lower being a touchscreen, clamshell design, a D-pad, Circle Pad, secondary Circle Pad for lefties, button layout similar to the aforementioned consoles (the X, Y, B and A on front, R and L on the back, Start, Select, Power and Home).

Maybe a camera for games that would use it, microphone too. Naturally a SD card slot, preferablg supporting bigger cards. The logical mumbo jumbo like speakers, volume and Stylus slot.

Now that we have hardware out of the way, we move on to features and software.

It should have standard portable console features like motion controls, wireless connection for both local and onlinr play, also preferably supporting NNIDs and no Friend Codes (pls)

The standard applications for recording, internet browser, notes, activity logs and such even if fewer people use them.

Mii support and Miiverse are pretty much a given, as are eshop access and amiibo. In the case of eshop, it could very well have backwards compatibility with Wii U and 3DS, preferably through VC/digital only, since making hardware slots for the former would be more than difficult and inefficient. Giving it VC backwards compatibility from those 2 would technically allow both consoles' VCs to be "merged" as in, with VC titles from both consoles to be available, and it could also be made possible for Wii and GC titles to be made available as well.

A messaging application like PictoChat would be a nice detail, or a mix of the better characteristics of PictoChat and Swapbox, with the possibility of Parental Controls being set up to sidestep the Swapnote issue a while back.

Now, so far I've mentioned lots of things, but it's still sounding like just a really powerful portable console, right? Well, since the portable side of things as already been made obvious, the "home console" side can be made easily for those who like home consoles more/those who want to play on their TV. It can be a simple add-on that connects to the NX and outputs to the TV with optional HD support, it could also have the ability to have controllers (Pro controller, or maybe the new GC ones) connect to it for multiplayer with people who don't have a NX console. And it could be made cheaply (since it only really needs to connect to the NX and to the TV, with the add-on itself not having anything other than the connection slots) and sold either separately or as an optional bundle. Thus fulfilling the "home console" side of things.

In short, my "ideal" for the NX is to combine the strong points of Ninty's portable and home consoles, with none of their disadvantages (except possibly the console's price tag, but since it's the only Nintendo console in the generation, they can sell at a slight loss and make up for it with software sales)

Other reasonings for this are thr fact that with only one console, developers can focus on learning how to program for it instead of dividing into 2 consoles like they currently do, this would allow for higher quality titles to be made on a shorter amount of time. Also, Ninty can focus on advertising and marketing for just one console, and it can br marketed as both a portable console and home console in order to pull both publics.

Also, it technically has absolutely no crazy gimmicks whatsoever, since pretty much all of it's features have beem tested before. Touchscreen and dual screens are known as a successful move that any dev can learn how to make use of, and if they don't want to use them, they don't have to.
Motion controls can also be made use of optionally and are used in current consoles and even smartphones.

Things like the gamepad and 3D ARE unsuccessful gimmicks, that, as proven by the Wii U and 3DS, only serve to increase prices and trouble developers.

Opinions anyone? Also, you may post your own ideas :3

Reactions: Marc
SPLATWO PLZ

Reactions: Blue Knight
SPLATWO PLZ
They could port it though :eek: specially with the one I proposed

Better Wii u with a more creative controller

Better Wii u with a more creative controller
Or a regular controller.

So many Pro Controllers getting dust...

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
Indivisible for the console and voice control.

Indivisible is an upcoming indie game in 2017 being developed by Lab Zero Games, AKA the makers of Skullgirls.

I assume the console will either be a home console or a hybrid - a home console would ideally use x86 architecture instead of PowerPC, it's the standard across the other consoles and PC (plot twist) and so would make third party's porting problems go away - sales are the only other big problem but that can be fixed.

I would like for Nintendo to just give us more than the standard white/black consoles and to also remove any 'deluxe/basic' stuff unless they provide them in all of the colours, wanting a white console because black ones are glossy and collect dust/fingerprints shouldn't be a crime xD Oh, and give the black NX consoles a matte black finish, it looks much nicer anyways and collects less dust/fingerprints.

In addition to that, a good solid launch lineup would be nice, a 3D Mario game, Metroid and Spla2n as the big flagship first party titles would be sublime. Nintendo can then pad out the launch window with Wii U ports of the best games (assuming it isn't backwards compatible, which is up in the air as if they were to use x86 architecture, I assume it would be more trouble than it's worth to make it backwards compatible and so ports would be much easier and would generate additional revenue) and agree deals with third parties and indies to put their games on the console.

Speaking of third party deals, some exclusives would be nice and a big partnership with someone who can provide years worth of IP to produce exclusives on would be brilliant - it's kind of my dream to have Nintendo and DC work on a big new game series, like if they produced an Arrow or Flash game and they could then move on to Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Gotham, Lucifer etc. And then, well, Nintendo would be home to quality DC games and you could market your console all around how you are the exclusive home of Mario... Smash Bros... Zelda... Metroid... and... BATMAN!? ARROW?! FLASH!?

Oh, and a new IP that is a big more realistic and could be based on Earth fighting in an alien invasion or where you have people with superpowers (telekinesis and the sort) who try to protect their own from people hunting them - sort of like The Tomorrow People. I think that could be a big new IP that they can try and push Watch_Dogs-style.

Keep Virtual Consoles and maybe add back-backwards compatibility so that people can play wii (or with peripherals, Gamecube) on the NX. More than likely that it won't happen as this is a planned 9th gen, and not 8th or 7th gen.

PS: Add Wii U emulator too.

I assume the console will either be a home console or a hybrid - a home console would ideally use x86 architecture instead of PowerPC, it's the standard across the other consoles and PC (plot twist) and so would make third party's porting problems go away - sales are the only other big problem but that can be fixed.

I would like for Nintendo to just give us more than the standard white/black consoles and to also remove any 'deluxe/basic' stuff unless they provide them in all of the colours, wanting a white console because black ones are glossy and collect dust/fingerprints shouldn't be a crime xD Oh, and give the black NX consoles a matte black finish, it looks much nicer anyways and collects less dust/fingerprints.

In addition to that, a good solid launch lineup would be nice, a 3D Mario game, Metroid and Spla2n as the big flagship first party titles would be sublime. Nintendo can then pad out the launch window with Wii U ports of the best games (assuming it isn't backwards compatible, which is up in the air as if they were to use x86 architecture, I assume it would be more trouble than it's worth to make it backwards compatible and so ports would be much easier and would generate additional revenue) and agree deals with third parties and indies to put their games on the console.

Speaking of third party deals, some exclusives would be nice and a big partnership with someone who can provide years worth of IP to produce exclusives on would be brilliant - it's kind of my dream to have Nintendo and DC work on a big new game series, like if they produced an Arrow or Flash game and they could then move on to Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Gotham, Lucifer etc. And then, well, Nintendo would be home to quality DC games and you could market your console all around how you are the exclusive home of Mario... Smash Bros... Zelda... Metroid... and... BATMAN!? ARROW?! FLASH!?

Oh, and a new IP that is a big more realistic and could be based on Earth fighting in an alien invasion or where you have people with superpowers (telekinesis and the sort) who try to protect their own from people hunting them - sort of like The Tomorrow People. I think that could be a big new IP that they can try and push Watch_Dogs-style.
NO! NO CRAZY SUPERHEROES PLS >.<

NO! NO CRAZY SUPERHEROES PLS >.<
You mean "AWWW YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!"

pls ;-;

Instead, they should develop their current IPs more, a new Kid Icarus game, maybe the return of the Ice Climbers, a more first-part centered Smash Bros.

Things like that x

Or they can do both and have their existing teams work on those and get some more western developers to help with licensed games.

I mostly slot in with your ideals but with the addition of the d-pad not being as low down as it was on the 3ds I really do love the d-pad but if its in an awkward place, ala the 3ds, its just a waisted opportunity.
As for the second thing I would love it to be backwards compatible with 3ds and ds to make use of my limited collection but this is unlikely and its not a deal breaker.

i want the nx to be a console u can use in difrent states.also it should be compatible with iphones(4th generation and up ),android(all updates avalible to you without getting a new phone every update),mac,pc,and ios. also the nx should be able to play other companys games without you having to by a whole diffrent consle just to play racket and clank.

i want the nx to be a console u can use in difrent states.also it should be compatible with iphones(4th generation and up ),android(all updates avalible to you without getting a new phone every update),mac,pc,and ios. also the nx should be able to play other companys games without you having to by a whole diffrent consle just to play racket and clank.
Wh...?!

There are SO many wrong things about this post, I think I'm getting an aneurysm D:

Animal Crossing please!! I'm cool with whatever they give us just, another Animal Crossing would be nice.

New F-Zero, New Starfox.

Regular controller with optional gamepad attachment.

No new Smash Bros. unless it's a port of Smash 4 with new DLC.

Make it hip, have Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare be an NX exclusive. Then no one at my school teases me for owning a Nintendo console.

I would rather it be a really powerful portable console, but some way for it to be both would be nice. And I honestly don't care what they do with it as long as it has good games and doesn't burst into flames or something when you play for too long

Reactions: Blue Knight
Back