What does everyone think about the New 2DS XL?

• Thread starter Samster
  • Start date
I think it's amazing. (I own one.) It doesnt have the 3d like you said. Which for me personally is unnecessary, it strains my eyes really bad and gives me a migraine. Other than the lack of 3d it's essentially the same. While the stylus is a good bit shorter. It comes with the charger. It has a good feel and plays well. Overall its a good purchase. (I would know)

Reactions: Alegria
OK. Here's what I think of the New 2DS XL. Personally, I think it's a great purchase for one reason. It has no 3D feature. Now, here's what your, probably thinking: "What's wrong with you, you dingus?! Why would you not want the 3D feature?" And here's my reason. The 3D feature was a failed design. Most people got a 3DS just to play the games on there, not at all for the 3D feature. That's why Nintendo made the new 2DS XL. Plus, the New 2DS is almost exactly the same (minus the 3D feature), and the thing is WAY CHEAPER!!!! So, what do you guys think? leave your feedback down in the comments below!!!

Honestly, the New 2DS XL, has no right to exist. It just adds a NFC Reader on the screen and the C Stick. I don't understand the POINT of the 2DS XL. Just buy a regular 2DS, atleast those ones consistently come with games. And they're good ones. (1v1 me mariokart 7)

Honestly, the New 2DS XL, has no right to exist. It just adds a NFC Reader on the screen and the C Stick. I don't understand the POINT of the 2DS XL. Just buy a regular 2DS, atleast those ones consistently come with games. And they're good ones. (1v1 me mariokart 7)
The main difference between 2DS and N2DSXL is that at least you can close the N2DS and prevent your kid to abuse 3D and hurt their eyes

It also has two extra shoulder buttons, bigger screens, and the new 3ds hardware (for example: better browser that can watch videos, faster load times for games like smash.)
Its also probably made with sturdier material than the 2ds, as the price points are very different, yet still cheaper than the new 3ds systems.

The main difference between 2DS and N2DSXL is that at least you can close the N2DS and prevent your kid to abuse 3D and hurt their eyes

Uh.. there's a parental controls thing, that restricts 3D on the 3DS. Honestly, the entire 2DS line is built on parent stupidity.

Uh.. there's a parental controls thing, that restricts 3D on the 3DS. Honestly, the entire 2DS line is built on parent stupidity.
Its a cheaper option... thats the real point.

Why would you buy a more expensive 3D game for your kid if you want them to never use the 3D?

I think the New 2DS XL looks pretty cool. I think it is really good for people who want an XL version but does not care about 3D. I personally think it looks really slick and the design just looks really awesome. I got the Nintendo 2DS because I didnt care about 3D but I got it before the 2DS XL came out. Overall I think its a good system and better than the 3DS XL.

Overall I think its a good system and better than the 3DS XL.
I would have liked a N2dsxl instead of my 3dsxl. If only it had been out at that time

I would have liked a N2dsxl instead of my 3dsxl. If only it had been out at that time

I'm sure lots feel that way. The 2DS XL is superior to the 3DS XL. Except for the small stylus I guess.

Back