What franchise are missing on WiiU?

• Thread starter Rockback
  • Start date
Rockback

Rockback

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Star Fox is finally coming, but what's missing yet?
In my opinion, a new Diddy Kong Racing would be cool!

They haven't released an acnl on the wii u yet so that should be coming soon
They also need to put up a new fire emblem or the fea x shin megami tensai. They announced the project like 2 years ago and we still haven't heard anything from it yet
I'm surprised monster hunter 4 didn't make it onto the wii u though, thought that would definitely come there

Reactions: Rockback
Well, diddy Kong racing would not be as great as sonic racers or Mario kart 8. Metroid is missing mainly from the Wii u and Super Mario galaxy 3. I never ever played metro-id, but I am interested in the wii u version if it comes out.

I want to see a new F-zero game because of the fast paced racing were pretty awesome and especially F-zero GX ( even though that game was hard), plus Captain Falcon is a popular Nintendo character and he appeared in all SSB series.

Reactions: Hayleia
I dont think about what is missing, think about what is new!
But those Metriod 3DS and Wii U games that are being made sound cool

A majora's mask hd rwmake.
come on nintendo why is everytjing either 3ds only or 3ds and wii u?make more games for the wii u only!
But i do have a 3ds! :)

Star fox wii u is going to be like star fox 64 from what it looks like

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say Starfox, but since there is a New Starfox game on the way, I have to go With metroid. Nintendo made it better when they released the metroid prime trilogy on the Wii Virtual console, but we still need a completely New metroid game. Other than that, Nintendo has done a great job With releasing the games that have been on every home console since the n64, and that is Super smash Brothers, Mario kart, and a 3d Mario game (Super Mario 64, Mario sunshine, Mario Galaxy, 3d world)

Reactions: Duster and Magik
Kingdom hearts fo4 wii u.
at least make a remake on dream drop distance!

I too believe that some franchises are really missing in the Wii U and I would love to see some in the comments above . We can't say that the Wii U is a bad console , it just needs more franchises so that people are actually willing to buy the Wii U . It is great that StarFox U is coming so I hope that Nintendo puts some more games quite soon . I really would have liked to see Monster Hunter and especially Metroid games and I really expect some more soon :artist:

wow you must have loved that game cause i don't think a game like diddy kong racing would be missing on wii u when we have mario kart 8. on the other hand, i think there is something still missing, i agree. to me what is missing is a new metroid game that could use the amazing possibilities the wii u gamepad can offer

They haven't released an acnl on the wii u yet so that should be coming soon
They also need to put up a new fire emblem or the fea x shin megami tensai. They announced the project like 2 years ago and we still haven't heard anything from it yet
I'm surprised monster hunter 4 didn't make it onto the wii u though, thought that would definitely come there
I have an idea for the Animal crossing game! It needs to keep the characters but it needs to have a more modern touch like rideable bicycles or split-screen local gameplay.

They have not released a captain falco game. I am intrested, who knows how great it will be. Also, metroid is missing, lets hope they make a metroid game. Also, earthbound ha been missing, it is a game I am curious about, unless they have it for the wii.

I hope a Metroid game comes soon. And that they make it good :p

Rhythm Heaven needs a debut on the Wii U. Though the franchise itself is not too popular, it is a very fun game to play. It gets your wrists and fingers moving to the rhythm of silly yet catchy songs. Since this game is Japanese, there is quite a bit of challenge that goes along with it. Having another installment of the franchise release for the Wii U platform would spice things up (rhythmically, of course!).

Tomb Raider. It's one of the best action-adventure franchises and while I'd love to see a Tomb Raider game for the 3DS, it's missing on the Wii U as well because such games would be a boon for Nintendo. The Tomb Raider reboot didn't make it onto the Wii U, and there don't seem to be any plans for a Tomb Raider game on Nintendo systems, which is regrettable.

Metroid, F-Zero and Animal Crossing are the big first party stand-outs, I guess. Retro is developing something, probably Metroid or a new IP. Monster Games and Next Level Games are also doing something, I think for Wii U, and so we should get most of the big Nintendo franchises on Wii U soon.

As for third party, I think that aside from the sport franchises that never made it to annualised editions on the console, we apparently won't get any Star Wars games (no Battlefront 3) and having never played Kingdom Hearts, I would like to see the 3rd one on Wii U so I could one day get a taste of it in HD.

Tomb Raider. It's one of the best action-adventure franchises and while I'd love to see a Tomb Raider game for the 3DS, it's missing on the Wii U as well because such games would be a boon for Nintendo. The Tomb Raider reboot didn't make it onto the Wii U, and there don't seem to be any plans for a Tomb Raider game on Nintendo systems, which is regrettable.
I know! I too was really hoping for a tomb raider game on the WiiU especially after they released call of duty and assassins creed on it which in my opinion are some of the best games ever.

A new Punch-Out!! game on the Wii U would be awesome to give more attention and care for the franchise,other than having Little Mac being seen as the new Smash game's "Meta Knight",if ya know what I mean.
F-Zero,Kingdom Hearts and Metroid would be great as well on the console.

We need a new Banjo Kazoo- Oh...

I think Star Fox, and Metroid should get more games on the Wii U. Reasons:
Star Fox: I'm a big fan of Star Fox. It's been a great part of my childhood, and I still like it. Sometime in the future I'm going to get Star Fox 64 3D.
Metroid: We only have Virtual Console games of this franchise, we need more Metroid.

Back