What HM Move is Your Favorite?

• Thread starter dilawer
  • Start date
for me i like surf and fly as both are useful and like marc said its very helpful - fly :p and its always been mankind's dream to fly and pokemon made it happen :p and surfing on my beloved lapras was awesome :p

My only problem with Dive is that movement is really slowed down when you're underwater compared to when you're surfing underwater. I guess from a physics point of view it makes sense but still

Actually it's still not making sense when you dive and you can breathe without oxygen for some time :dead:
pokemon_white_black__dive_by_theanimejump-d3ecbl0.jpg

My favs HM would be surf btw, since i prefer one hit kill than using two turns skill :D

Fly. Without it, breeding would be so much harder.

Fly can go almost everywhere, in no time and save my time, also it's attack is doing some good damage ;) but magicarp's splash is one of my favorites too, that one hit kill move rocks.

Surf. It has decent attack power and some pokemon who are not water types can still learn it, which is a plus.

Fly. Can't imagine how annoying it'd be to have to run/ride from city to city.

As many others have said, Fly. Most useful thing in any game ever.

It's obviously Fly, like a lot of others have said. You can Fly up the first turn, avoiding the enemie's attack, and come smash them down on the second turn. I have saved countless hours through all my Pokemon games by using Fly.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat with fly, even if I prefer surfing. I like both. As for HMs I completely hate, Defogcutflashstrengthwaterfall , even though some of those aren't HMs now.

Rock climb animation was funny, but my favorite is surfing cause water exploration is a big part of the game to me

Not just cause ima Hoenn baby lmao, ok mayb it is.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat with fly, even if I prefer surfing. I like both. As for HMs I completely hate, Defogcutflashstrengthwaterfall , even though some of those aren't HMs now.
Defog is a very useful move in Pokemon X/Y. It is the reason why Zapdos was moved to the OU tier in competitive battling. Waterfall is a good physical water type move, although not many water Pokemon are physical based.

Defog is a very useful move in Pokemon X/Y. It is the reason why Zapdos was moved to the OU tier in competitive battling. Waterfall is a good physical water type move, although not many water Pokemon are physical based.
Its true but I meant in the games they were released in (D/P). Sorry if I wasn't clear. (In fact I didn't say it at all)
I found it waste of space back then but it has some competitive use so I guess I'm fine with it.

Reactions: 532
Its true but I meant in the games they were released in (D/P). Sorry if I wasn't clear. (In fact I didn't say it at all)
I found it waste of space back then but it has some competitive use so I guess I'm fine with it.
Naw, I got you. I agree they were just space fillers, completely useless. As for Flash in previous gens, you could troll with that in multiplayer battles. make their accuracy so low they can't even hit.

Reactions: TheSuperKid
Naw, I got you. I agree they were just space fillers, completely useless. As for Flash in previous gens, you could troll with that in multiplayer battles. make their accuracy so low they can't even hit.
Minimize ftw. Well I said I liked cut really because it's the most iconic. It's like the first HM you ever get to use in the Pokemon series. And without it you wouldn't be able to take shortcuts from Pewter City to Vermillion. Fly takes all the fun away but if you're in a hurry to get somewhere it's useful (and the hardest to find I think in Gen 1). Rock Smash was a copy of Cut I believe and you could live without Flash/Defog. Waterfall and whirlpool were a complete waste if not on an HM slave. Dive was pretty awesome though because it added depth to the exploration part of the game. Strength was the most fun of them all for all the puzzles you had to go through (ex: Chuck's Gen 2 gym). It's all based off what you like in the game.

Surf. Good damage, and good out-of-battle utility. Though I do have reservations regarding battles where you send out the pokémon you're currently surfing on...

Well, in Pokémon Emerald definately Dive, because I really had an I'm-gonna-explore-the-whole-secret-underwater-world-feeling which made me feel great! I actually don't really like Fly, because when I get it, I almost never use it because I like to travel da whole Pokémon world by feet! Or by rollerskates, since those are just awesome :D

My favorite was dark pulse

Mine is Fly, cause i can go anywhere in a flash and also to get away to Kiloude city to train.

My favorite HM is Surf, because it is powerful, and one of the main transportation in the games. It is also a Water type move, and I'm a fan of Water types. Also, the animation is cool IMO.

My favorite is fly because it gets me where I need to on the map(assuming I have already been there) and Fly is also a powerful move. Fly is also a move I teach to an HM slave.

Back