What if Charles Martinet Died?

• Thread starter RichGamerton
  • Start date
RichGamerton

RichGamerton

Run Home To Mama Now
Towns Folk
As some people know, Charles Martinet has been the voice of Mario since Super Mario 64. If he died, what would happen? Do you think Nintendo will hire a replacement or keep make Mario a mute like classic Sonic? Post Your Thoughts and opinions below.

Charles does the voices for Mario, Luigi, Wario, and Waluigi. It would be detrimentally unfotunate if he died. Nintendo would probably have to hire multiple voice over replacements for him. Or they would just recycle audio clips for future Mario games. Nintendo has been doing this for quite some time already, so it's plausible.

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu, CrazyElf, RichGamerton and 1 other person
As @OopaMazo said, I think they would probably recycle the voices, or make pre-recorded voices for Mario. It would be weird seeing Mario's voice changing drastically one day because he would have to go.

So, yep, I think they would make a pre-recorded voice bank so they could keep using his voice as long as the Mario franchise continues.

Reactions: 423 and 18
Like others said before me, I think Nintendo would have recycled the voice Clips from previous Mario games. It would be very unfortunate if he died, because he is famous for being the voice of Mario for many years now. But im also sure that Nintendo would find another voice actor that sounded pretty similar to Charles Martinet

Mamma mia! Scary idea. I hope he goes on for a long time. The voice bank is there, but I think that in the end they would hire a similar-voiced replacement for him. That's the way the world is, voice actors come and go, even Michael Ironside doesn't voice Sam Fisher forever. :cry:

Reactions: 532, 423 and RichGamerton
Yeah, they would probably recycle clips for some future games, eventually getting a replacement in to make sure he can replace some of the old clips. But that would suck if Charles died. '-'

Gopd talk, guys. But even though they might recycle voice clips, that can only go so far. Soon,they will be forced to hire a replacement. Until then, let's just all enjoy The classic voice of Mario that we have been hearing all of our lives. :)

Yea I hope that he does not die for a long time! Voice bank just isnt the same as a really guy talking. But if he does die i am sure that nintendo will at first use voice banks and then go to a new mario actor.

Gopd talk, guys. But even though they might recycle voice clips, that can only go so far. Soon,they will be forced to hire a replacement. Until then, let's just all enjoy The classic voice of Mario that we have been hearing all of our lives. :)
At one point would they be forced to hire a replacement though? Keep in mind that Mario does not exactly say too much in the games that couldn't be recycled to a later one.

@ShinyLatios Maybe but don't forget that Mario usually say the title of a game ( which is usually a new one) and unless they plan ahead, it would be unlikely for them to have every possible word recorded for Mario by Charles Martinet.

At one point would they be forced to hire a replacement though? Keep in mind that Mario does not exactly say too much in the games that couldn't be recycled to a later one.

But do you really think that Nintendo would actually go without hiring voice-over replacements for Mario forever? I don't think so because that's simply not how business works.

@ShinyLatios Maybe but don't forget that Mario usually say the title of a game ( which is usually a new one) and unless they plan ahead, it would be unlikely for them to have every possible word recorded for Mario by Charles Martinet.
Granted, Mario has done it for a lot of games, but there have been exceptions. For example, I don't believe he says it for the New Super Mario Bros U title screen. For all we know, it could be something they decide to take out (or they figure out a way to use audio software to generate the voice or something)

Granted, Mario has done it for a lot of games, but there have been exceptions. For example, I don't believe he says it for the New Super Mario Bros U title screen. For all we know, it could be something they decide to take out (or they figure out a way to use audio software to generate the voice or something)

But when you think about it, there are more examples than exceptions, and as stated before by many, Nintendo hiring a new voice actor after Charles Martinet is inevitable.

But when you think about it, there are more examples than exceptions, and as stated before by many, Nintendo hiring a new voice actor after Charles Martinet is inevitable.
Technology continues to advance and Martinet still has time to go I'd imagine. Business practices and the like can change over time, so what Nintendo will do may be subject to variation.

Nintendo can have him just say random phrases or noises to be used in the future.

That would be really, really unfortunate. He has been comitted to the world's video-gaming mascot for so long now, it would be terrible if that were to happen. So many memories of Mario, Luigi, and Wario's voice would fade away, and I doubt that they would find a new voice actor for him. Nintendo would probably keep recycling those sounds, as it has been done before.

Hum, I can really fast think about at least two persons in my immediate entourage that are able to speak in the really same voice as Mario. If he was to die, well that would be unfortunate but (sorry to say it) not that hard to replace and move on =/

Voices are really not unique, specially "created" voices. How many persons do you know who can impersonate Donald Duck per say? Yup, probably a lot, well I do!

If he died, Mario games would not feel the same anymore. Nintendo would probably stop making new mario games because Charles would be dead. Mario would seem like a whole different person. Nintendo could also get voices from the other mario games and use those in the new games. I just hope he doesnt die in the future.

We'd probally take some of older games audio and reuse the sounds, but get a audio editor and a impersonater of mario to make the shout of mario pronouncing the games title. It would be a very sad day for gaming as well and It would be hard for us gamer's to move on afterwards..also they may stop recycling the sounds if in the near future sound advances to sound much more realistic.

This would be an absolute shame since Iwata passed away I can't have any more people part of the Nintendo company die. :cry: If he would die he would have to get replacements which would be bad for Nintendo to find a similar counterpart or Nintendo can just recycle from past game like they usually do.

Back