What if Charles Martinet Died?

• Thread starter RichGamerton
  • Start date
When charles martinet dies not if, since everyone dies (I know so optimistic), they could probably reuse old voice clips. They never talk in full sentences anyways. As iCarly once said "Reduce reuse, recycle!"

That would be quite sad indeed. Apparently as everyone else said, reusing old voice clips seems the best idea, but in the case whereby there would be a new person voicing Mario then I can only imagine how that'll sound xP I'd be quick to notice any voice change, but hopefully that won't happen :p

I think they will keep the old voice, because it's great. I don't think that anyone can do Mario's voice like him.

Even if Charles Martinet dies, it won't mark the end for Mario. This is Nintendo's mascot, one of the most well known gaming icons EVER. Yes, it would be unfortunate, but we also have to make note that Mario is usually silent with a few yahoos and yipees. It's not hard to really replicate.

They probably already have enough versions and phrases that mario says. I don't think that they would need to get a new voice actor or anything, what else should Mario say.
But if they did change marios voice, and everyone else's, that's when i would give up on mario, and that's the day nintendo losses their mario sales. I'm just thinking about how bad it could be. Mario probably wouldn't even sound Italian anymore. The worst would happen when mario started talking in complete sentences, and finally they would make him sound like a grumpy plumber. Thats just worst case scenario guys but what if.
:cry::cry::cry:

As has been said many times before, Nintendo should be able to get by using a voice bank or stock audio clips. What I haven't seen exactly suggested here however is the idea of Charles having an understudy.

I'm not sure if Martinet even has an understudy at the time of this post, but if he does have one or ever trained someone to do the voices, I would find it somewhat more acceptable. Instead of Mario's voice being thrown to any random replacement, it would be instead passed down in a successor fashion by someone that Charles trusts to do the job. I think most of us can agree that Mario and by extension Martinet's successor could go on more tastefully if this happened.

Last edited:
Charles Martinet does the voicing for many Mario characters, so it would be difficult for the Mario series to continue if he died. Most probablg Nintendo will use the voices from previous Mario games into the future games or Nintendo will find replacements. Making them a mute would be taking away some of the fun.

It will be horrible if Charles Martinet died but if he dies Nintendo can always make him a funeral and use his old clips. Nintendo can also hire someone that sounds exactly like Mario. I know someone can hire for this job. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVNPMJhruxR3BwNYa-e0eig But what if Charles NEVER DIES. Have you ever thought of that :p. Everyone dies at one point

While Charles Martinet's death would be extremely tragic, it probably would not affect Nintendo too much. It is quite easy to recycle voice clips form previous games, and Nintendo has already been doing this for quite some time. However, it would be a shame to think that there would never again be new voice lines for Wario...:dead:

The death of Charles Martinet would be sad, and we all know that. But who knows what could happen by then. They always have voice clips, and most likely will have a successor, but we will always remember him. Maybe on the week of his funeral, all Mario games would be on discount to cheer up the Mario community, because a little cheer can go a long way! But that doesn't mean he'll be forgotten.

Back