What is the first game is should when i get a Switch

• Thread starter Farhaan Raja
  • Start date
The first game I’d stick with would be Splatoon 2 (if you’re willing to splurge for the extra $20 for Swotch Online now). Great game that has endless fun, always has something new, and possibilities are endless. Plus, with new story modes (including the Octo Expansion), you could pour hours and hours into the game and still not be bored. One flaw with the game is that you doo need to buy Switch Online to play the majority of it now, so keep that in mind.

If not that, then Super Mario Odyssey. It’s one of the first good 3D Mario games in forever. Great story, the gameplay is stable, and overall fun to play. The possession feature was a fresh, new thing that took everyone by surprise, but still loved. The only flaw is the game might be slightly too simple to get Power Moons, but it’s good that Nintendo made extras that are incredibly hard to get.

If you don’t want either of those, then my third pick would be Breath of The Wild. Unbelievably amazing graphics, easy to learn controls, and the fact that you can go anywhere the eyes can see is incredible. One flaw about the game is that some of the Shrines are incredibly easy to eat, and’ll make you miss the old days of scouting through real dungeons, finding an item, and using that item in various circumstances to beat it. However, there are Divine Beasts (which are sort of like real dungeons), and memories for you to collect, so it won’t be a walk in the park to do it all. Did I mention the 900 Korok Seeds you can collect? Yeah, there’s a lot to do in this game.

So yeah, there’s my three recommendations. If none of those strike your fancy, then just wait for Smash Ultimate. It’s bound to be a fantastic game. (I’m planning on getting it on release day, or possibly preordering it, lol).

Can't go wrong with Bayonetta, Splatoon and Octopath.

Back