What is your favorite nintendo game of all time?

• Thread starter BQQ
  • Start date
BQQ

BQQ

Liking the spiking wit dat Falco
Towns Folk
what is your favorite nintendo game of all time and why

I have a lot of favorite games, but I will just name one from every series.

Pokemon: Pokemon Fire Red because it was the Pokemon game that I had since I was little. Plus it was the first ever Pokemon game I got. That game got me into the Pokemon franchise. Now I'm a big fan of Pokemon.

Mario: Super Mario World because I remember my aunt owned a Super Nintendo and she would let me play Super Mario World. This game also got me into the Mario franchise.

Star Fox: Star Fox Assault because this was the first Star Fox I ever owned. Now I really enjoy the Star Fox series. I really want Star Fox 64 3D.

I'll do what @Pikachu979 did and name favorite games by series.

Mario - Super Mario Sunshine. This game was one of the best GameCube games I've ever played. I love the graphics, music, and the amount of glitches the game has as well. It surprises me that there isn't a remake or sequel of it yet.

LoZ - Windwaker. Windwaker is another one of my most favorite GameCube/Wii U games. The HD Remake on Wii U is amazing with the addition of Hero's mode after beating the main game. I also love how TLINK just shoves his sword down Ganon's head at the end. Great ending.

Pokémon - Pokémon XD Gale of Darkness. I think this list is starting to favor the GameCube a lot. But XD is really cool because I love the story and the concept of shadow Pokémon as well. Another thing I loved was Miror B's battle theme, so catchy.

Kirby - Kirby Super Star Ultra. One of the coolest DS games I've played. I loved the whole Co op system where you could choose whether you wanted to copy an enemy or make it your ally. Plus the arena and the true arena are really tough attractions for the Kirby fan.

That's about all, the other series just couldn't be thought of at the moment.

My favorite is Pokemon since I grew up with and star fox and metro id series but Pokemon is the one due to the fact the RPGs is great I can catch multiple and train Pokemon and battle with my friends they have so much designs I can't just stop playing this game but yea this is my favorite Nintendo game

My favorite Nintendo game is Super smash Bros. That game has a great roster of creators to play as. It is very fun to play. I could play super smash bros for hours and hours. I suggest this game to anybody who is a fan of Nintendo and their games.

Mother 3 because it actually got me through something.
So I was going through some stuff involving my mom needing to leave for work, and it helped a bit.
But what it really did was help me develop as a person.
It was also the start of me looking at games with game design aspects instead of how nice it looked.
It made me appreciate art styles and music.

Reactions: BQQ
Mother 3 because it actually got me through something.
So I was going through some stuff involving my mom needing to leave for work, and it helped a bit.
But what it really did was help me develop as a person.
It was also the start of me looking at games with game design aspects instead of how nice it looked.
It made me appreciate art styles and music.

Yeah it was a realy good game. I played it too and it was really good

Mother 3 is more than "really good"
It's a masterpiece
From the music to the story, it's almost perfect the whole way through
9.5/10
Pacing was terrible

Reactions: BQQ
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga. From the humor to the world and the game play mechanics everything about it was incredibly fun. And the game was long! It was amazing then and now and I'm proud to say that after 12 years I still have my original copy.

Pokemon Diamond, it was my first Pokemon game, and I actually couldn't stop playing it. I liked it so much that I would play it everytime I got home from school.

Other than that, I guess Castlevania is one of my favorites. Not the Metroidvania style, but the traditional 2D sidescroller. It is fun, but hard and satisfying.

Mario: Mario Kart DS since it was a very memorable game to me xD Sometimes I just wish I could just play with my friends at school again

Pokemon: Pokemon Platinum is truly a charm since I first got it since I found it was very fun to play and I still remember how much good adventures I had in the game, all the times I got stuck and grinding for levels x3

Legend of Zelda: LoZ: Spirit Tracks most likely >.> I liked the puzzles which were challenging and must have the use of Zelda as a Phantom. I totally didn't mind the train part fyi :p

Other: KI:U, Smash4, Smash Brawl.

Super Mario Sunshine. Why? This is one of the greatest single player games I've ever had the pleasure of playing. As far as GameCube games go, this one has gorgeous graphics, fantastic sound, and nearly flawless mechanics. Nintendo took the basic formula for Super Mario 64 and improved upon it in virtually every way. Nothing about this game is terribly difficult once you get the hang of the controls, and the level of exploration and free will that the player can exercise in any given world leaves this game bereft of linearity. The replayability is also great. Worlds change as you progress through their levels, and there are a lot of secrets shine sprites and blue coins that'll keep you searching every corner of Delfino Plaza and each of the worlds. Truly one of the best, if not THE best game that GameCube has in its extensive catalog of games like Luigi Mansion, Super Smash Bros Melee, Sonic Heros, and Resident Evil 4.

My favorite Nintendo game that I can at least think of is Super Mario 3D Land. I've been with Nintendo for my whole life and this is the best game they put out involving the plumber. It was a nice change of pace from the 2D Mario platformers while keeping the iconic gameplay style, making it the best I've played.

My favourite game of all the time is pokemon emerald as it was first pokemon game i reallly love the way that game was even i really like pokemon alpha sapphire and omega ruby

I stil remember that my starter pokemon was mudkip and i really enjoyed that ,it took me more than month to complete that game

My favorite one is F-Zero GX that was in the Game Cube! It's second most fast-paced games of all time, never becomes boring or repetitive, has actual story compared to other similar games (eg: Wipeout), a LOT of replay value, is pretty well built and tons of other positive things! Even considering that the average review scores for it were at 88%, it's an amazing game! Also, while it's really fast-paced, it doesn't take too much processing power, so I like how I can still emulate it without burning my PC!

My favorite game is Animal crossing new leaf because you can become the mayor and build things in your town! Then you can chat online with other people and can echange friend codes. Then you can customize your house and then you can have friends come over and see your town and they can see your house. While your doing all that your also running your own town!

My favorite Nintendo video game is skyward sword because it has an amazing soundtrack, great art style, killer plot and amazing gameplay!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two that tie for favorites
One is kid icarus uprising, amazing story and fighting system, also great for completion because its the hardest game I know to get all achievements on
The other one is animal crossing new leaf, Although I haven't played it for 5-6 months or so and don't plan to, while I was playing it I sunk hundreds of hours in the game and it was one of the highlights of my(virtual) day. So much to do and really unique from all the other sims out there, would buy the next version of the game 10/10

Ok, I have a lot of games that I like a lot, so here they are.
Pokemon Y: my favorite from the series. It has an amazing game play, and a great story line. The movie was also great, and I love how they introduced 3 all new and never seen before legends.
SSB: it is a great fighting game, and I love how competitive it is. Being able to play on several different modes with a wide variety of fighters to choose from is great. Its also cool how they added mii's and amiibo's in it.
MH4U: my favorite game out of all I own. Unlike most games, it has a VERY long game play, which I love. I love how you can hunt with your friends now, and all the cool new weapons and armor the game has, as well as the monsters.
Thanks!

Does it have to be one game? If so, my one game would probably be Pokemon Soul Silver. If fit doesn't then, Pokemon X/Y, Pokemon FR/LG, Pokemon ORAS, Pokemon B/W, and PMD Blue. Pretty much the whole Pokemon series... and Mario Wii for good measure. It was awesome :p

Back