What is your favorite nintendo game of all time?

• Thread starter BQQ
  • Start date
My two favorite Nintendo games are, The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, for it's amazing co op forcing players to work together while at the same time encouraging players to do evil things to each other to get each other's force gems (what rupees were renamed to in that game). My other favorite Nintendo game is Mother 3, for it's amazing story, wonderful characters, and fun gameplay.

Hey @inclinedtoserve is the Legend of Zelda: Four Sword Adventures thing really a good game? I heard it was pretty awesome, but I usually stubbornly resist online games. I'm on the verge of buying this one though, because Nintendo players are generally a bit less idiotic then the people I meet on PSN in COD :p

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures was for the Gamecube and it didn't have online multiplayer only local. Are you perhaps confusing Four Swords Adventures with the 3ds game The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes?

my favorite of all time is probably super mario 3d world for the wii u. i loved the smooth gameplay, the graphics, and the level design. i also loved the new cat bell. my favorite power-up was definately the statue bell, though. i can use that like a pro. the only thing thats kind of annoying about it though is its only in the world flower level that i think is called 'spiky mount beanpole'. pity... >_<

Super Mario World was the first Super Mario game I ever played and well, it's a true classic - everything you would want from a 2D platformer, it had gorgeous graphics, iconic music, several new creative bosses (Koopa Kids) that helped it stay fresh, one of the best overworlds (if not the best) in any Mario game to date and it was quite hard when it needed to be, towards the end.

Super Mario Bros 2 my dude.

But also idk it'd probably be a Zelda title or something let's just say Skyward Sword

Well my favourite nintendo game is the Earthbound!
That game was very awesome and so cool.
I love the story, characters and enemies too.
The final boss was fight is very cool too!

There's just so many good Nintendo games out there, each with their own unique flavor.
Pokemon introduced a huge challenge of being the best in the region as well as seeing if you were able to catch every Pokemon. There's so much content in those games. The GCN titles gave the battles gave a different format and a different challenge which was purifying Pokemon. But I wouldn't call it the best.

Wario Land 4 was a unique puzzle platformer treasure hunting game with spooky bosses and clever gimmicks, hidden treasures and truly all of the Wario Land games were clever even if you could cheat in the first one. As well done as the graphics and sound in those games were they aren't my preference. WL4 was sometimes hard to navigate and that was no fun.

Kirby Superstar Ultra was more of a platformer and fighter in a sense with plenty of bosses but it had some fun minigames and multiplayer. With a lot of content and hard things in it the game was great.

Mario Kart 7, the easiest of the series in terms of kart handling, had my favorite music and one of the best new gimmicks and kart customization is probably my favorite racing game by far. I'd like to play this game more just for fun.

Smash for 3DS is one of my favorite fighting games I've played (my second favorite may be Pokken when I get a chance to play it) with so much to do and collect and it has a decent online multiplayer but not the best online multiplayer. The battle system is unique.

My favorite Nintendo RPG is Mother 3. It was funny, silly, full of action, and sorrow. The music was memorable and the dialogue was worthwhile.

Out of these I like Mario Kart 7 and Smash 3DS tie as best after thinking about it. Both involve customization and great multiplayer but only Smash 3DS/Wii U is played in tournaments.

Golden Sun for me hands down. Back when it came out on GBA the graphics and battle mechanics were unparalleled, TBH there is no game Ive enjoyed playing as much as it.

My favourite has to be either Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2: Recird Breaker or The World Ends With You. SMT DeSu2 RB was awesome as it was a remake of the game that got me into SMT and back into games as a whole. Also it has improved graphics awesome voice acting and a new story that adds the equivalent of half the original story's gameplay. TWEWY was probably because of the story and characters, everyone had their own style. Beat was reckless, Joushua was calm. Neku was a £&&@.

Mines must be the following:

Zelda MM, I adored the plot, characters, challange and sidequests, plus the really dark atmosphere and the clock mechanic \o/ the music also gave it a really "surreal and dark" atmosphere. And the 3D remake makes the graphics lovely <3.

Fire Emblem Awakening
the fact that it is basically a "greatest hits" of the franchise, with all the good things of the past games, with a (somewhat weak) main plot that is like a love letter for the SNES era games. The graphics are impressive and the amount of content is staggering <3

Zelda OoT for being an ageless classic, having awesome level design and an actually really good plot with old-age storytelling (which is the real reason many peeps call it dated)

Zelda TP thanks to the dark atmosphere, the awesome Wolf Link, the crazy graphics and music, oh, and Midna <3

Mine is maybe smash bros 3ds , the legend of Zelda ocarina of time 3D or Pokemon platinum

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a pretty tough call for me, as I have many different game storm each Nintendo franchise that are my favorites form their respective series, but if I had to pick just one game, it would have to be Breath of the Wild. In my opinion, it is Nintendo's biggest achievement to date, with hours of content, a great story, and excellent music that were well worth the six-and-a-half year wait.

I'd say Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, the gameplay was fun and entertaining while the aesthetics are perhaps the best I've ever seen in a Nintendo game. Nice little puzzles without actually making it seem like a puzzle game. Really, I hope we can get a sequel for this at some point, I absolutely loved the game.

And, luckily for me, I was able to buy the game before it was officially released, somehow. So that was nice. Vaguely recall playing it a lot, loved it so much, the aesthetics were beautiful. Truly a masterpiece of underrated Nintendo games.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between World would come second, and my favourite of 3DS games. Like Treasure Tracker, the gameplay was fun and entertaining while having cute aesthetics throughout, even if a little darker like most Zelda games typically are in comparison to Mario. I played this one a lot, as well.

Back