What is your favorite Shin Megami Tensei game?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Hehe it's starting to change to Devil Survivor Overlocked, thanks Marc. :L

My favourite is the only one I've played, which is Persona 4 Golden (on Vita nor 3DS).

Devil survivor 1 and 2 for the NDS.
I was obsessed with that game to the point where I wouldn't stop until I got all the endings, and all the demons.
That goes double for 2. The playtime I worked on that game is so damn high, ahah. :rotfl:

The only one I've played is SMT4 which I really enjoyed despite how long it was. I want to play Devil Survivor Overclocked but I missed the recent sale xD

DemiKids: Dark Version and DemiKids: Light Version for the GBA.

Two really underrated, underappreciated games. They're so fun and challenging and the characters are so cool! :D

I don't have one favorite but two favorite Shin megami tensei devil survivor and Iv

Hard to chose on which I like more lol Bu I would have to say the first one since thats the game that introduced me into the series and ive been hooked on their games since.

Since I've only ever played p3p, I guess that would be my favorite. I've never played any of the main series games, though. Any recommendations? (I have a ps2, 3ds and wii if that helps)

Reactions: 18
Since I've only ever played p3p, I guess that would be my favorite. I've never played any of the main series games, though. Any recommendations? (I have a ps2, 3ds and wii if that helps)
DEMIKIDS! - Oh wait, you didn't mention a GBA. Emulation then? :panda:

Persona 3 Portable is a great game, yiss :)

I'd recommend Persona 3 FES (PS2) since it has an Aegis story which continues the Persona 3 story to a less saddening end. (Persona 3 Portable is one of the very few games with an ending that made me want to cry :cry: )

Also, Persona 4 is often considered the best of the Persona series. (As far as I know anyway :bag: )

DEMIKIDS! - Oh wait, you didn't mention a GBA. Emulation then? :panda:

Persona 3 Portable is a great game, yiss :)

I'd recommend Persona 3 FES (PS2) since it has an Aegis story which continues the Persona 3 story to a less saddening end. (Persona 3 Portable is one of the very few games with an ending that made me want to cry :cry: )

Also, Persona 4 is often considered the best of the Persona series. (As far as I know anyway :bag: )
Forgot to mention my gba (lol). Yeah, the ending to p3p was pretty sad... on a brighter note, I'll try persona 3 fes/persona 4, thanks.

Reactions: 18
My Favorite is SMT III: Nocturne, with SMT IV in a very close second and Persona 4 in third.

I have never played a SMT game before except all the persona games... i dont know if you want to count those or not. I played them back on my PSX. Now i have watched video of smt iv and it seems like something i might like. i have etrian odyssey untold.. i heard it is very similar to that.. is this true?

i have etrian odyssey untold.. i heard it is very similar to that.. is this true?
Hmm, in terms of difficulty, yes, both games are in a par. But really, it's a literally different game, especially in themes and story.
Etrian Odyssey: Untold is a remake of EO first game - the series focuses on dungeon-crawling. SMT IV, is the last installment of SMT series which focuses on moral choice between Law and Chaos faction, very religious, and a mature version of Pokemon (you raise demons).

Reactions: PrimeHunter
Hmm, in terms of difficulty, yes, both games are in a par. But really, it's a literally different game, especially in themes and story.
Etrian Odyssey: Untold is a remake of EO first game - the series focuses on dungeon-crawling. SMT IV, is the last installment of SMT series which focuses on moral choice between Law and Chaos faction, very religious, and a mature version of Pokemon (you raise demons).

oh, ok.. this seems like it would be a very fun game.. i have played the persona games, and they make you give input on things

Huge fan of the SMT series. My favorite HAS to be Strange Journey, but I also like the Devil Survivor series, particularly the 2nd one. SMT 4 was great too, but wasn't as memorable as SJ to me. I never played the console games or Persona, even though I hear they're very good :p

I haven't played shin megami tensei but I'm planning on getting shin megami tensei devil survivor over clock edit looks really good I'll try to get that SSB4 and mario kart 8 this summer

I don't know when Devil Survivor 2: Break Record 3DS is releasing in NA, but you should get both for sure!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dwikrid
Persona 4 for me. I preferred the characters of 3, but the difficulty was just too rollercoastery. And the music of 4 was better. The SMT games and etrian games just never appealed to me because of their characters.
Best atlus game though is easily Catherine. That was a masterpiece

I think my favorite SMT game would be Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga. At first, it was Nocturne but, after some research and watching videos, I concluded that DDS was my favorite when it came to presentation :) I also like how the characters have to eat defeated demons to keep going lol Plus, the English opening sounds so freakin' awesome to me and it fits the melancholy feel of the game.

My Favourite SMT hands down is Persona 4 Golden. P3 was amazing and I accept all arguments that it was a superior story to 4 but the characters in 4 are more relatable, and the humour is (marginally) deeper than Junpei hitting on Yukari.

I do have a love of Nocturne as well, but the Persona series has- to me- eclipsed its parents. The depressing ending of P3P is bold and spectacular, and the fact that they can repackage and rebuild the same games and make fans want to play them over and over is testament to the quality (I have 130 hours combined on P4G, over 2 playthroughs and I still need to get the Hardcore Risette Fan trophy).

I believe I posted here saying "Persona 3" before. I'd like to change that to SMT Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha VS the Soulless Army. Good vidya.

I think Devil Survivor 2!

Back