What is your favorite Shin Megami Tensei game?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
The only game I can honestly remember is the first Devil Survivor on the 3ds. It was pretty creepy in a weird/ominous sort of way. But I did love the demon auction feauture, I remember having to grind for money just so I can get a hold of some decent demons for fusions and hopefully they passed down the moves or stats that I wanted to the new creature. Aside from the 3ds, I loved the Shin Megami Tensei MMO until it was removed :c It was from Aeriagames I believe :)

I love all of them. it would be really hard to choose. and I dont see SMT, Persona, and all the other series as the same. so
Favorite SMT game: Strange Journey
Favorite Persona game: Persona 4
Favorite Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon
Favorite DDS: DDS2
I didnt like Devil Survivor that much

My favourite SMT game is Persona 3 FES. Even though I really like SMT Devil Survivor. Is Persona Q worth it? I really like the Persona series, but I never saw Q before.

I only just got into the Shin Megami Tensei series and I'm so glad that I did. I started with SMT:IV and I'm having so much fun with it. So much in fact that with the recent Atlus sale on the eshop I went ahead and got Devil Survivor Overclocked. So I guess right now because the only one I've played is IV I'm gonna have to go with that :)

Reactions: gnmmarechal
Persona 4

Persona 4 of course!

Yu Narukami is the best! so is Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Yu Narukami said:
so what you think about Naoto, Kanji? big melons or not?
Kanji Tatsumi said:
wha!?
*'Kanji fall of the chair*

Last edited:
Have you ever played a Shin Megami Tensei game before? What's your favorite?
I've played a good bit of the games and really enjoy them all. Picking my fav is so hard to do. All the games have a charm to them that just draws you in. The art, the characters , the story , and the surroundings all are just amazing in it's own right. I would love to see them do some with a massive open world hub tho but with what the are they are all enjoyable. I would one day like to have all the games in my collection but due to the price and some of the very 1st games style I would most likely skip the 1st installments of any of the games in the SMT/Persona . The 2nd games are usually when they show some of the best the games offer. I'm drawn in to the games because of the darker side of it that you just can't get from things like a Mario game but even those games are good once it a while. When I got into gaming I had never seen games like SMT/ Persona but once I learned about them and played a bit I was hooked . Form then on I was a junky for the games lol.

The champion of the series. Wonderful dungeon crawling gameplay with heavy improvements over Persona 3, an excellent localization and a awesome setting make this the best SMT game ever.#

SMT IV is amazing....as long as you ignore that horrible world map (Devs please note: if you're gonna base your overworld on a real location, don't base it off an extremely confusing city!!). I'm surprised no one mentioned Strange Journey though, so I guess I'll make that my top pick, if only because those Demonica suits were sick (imagine my delight when you get one on SMT IV)

My favorite Shin Megami Tensei game is a tie between Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2, or Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth. Devil Survivor 2 has much more gameplay and plot compared to the first game, and features multiple branches that the game could go through, giving it an extensive variety of choices you could make and individual endings. In Persona Q, it is a lot different compared to the other Persona games, but it's unique. The puzzles featured in each labyrinth gives a whole new atmosphere, unlike the other Persona games which is just grind and fight. Although the plot in Persona Q is not as extensive as the other Persona games, regardless, it's awesome.

My Favorite SMT game is Devil Survivor 2, because I liked the story and plot along with the achievement points system. To be able to build up your team of demons by replaying the story and different events was amazing. Although it was necessary for you to do so if you wanted to unlock the strongest demons in the game; The bonus battles are no joke. Alas, I picked up SMT: DS Overclocked to play for the time being and am now waiting for Devil Survivor 2 Record Break! I'm so excited!

for me it would have to be persona 4 since q is good but has a couple of minor flaws and own nocture but havnt played it yet cause i only have a broken controller

Persona 3 is my number 1, then from there it's a tie between Nocturne/Persona4/Digital Devil Saga/Devil Survivor. They're all great in their own ways I simply cannot choose only for 2nd place!

If we count MegaTen as a whole... my favorites are Devil survivor, Nocturne in the main series, and persona 3 FES in the persona series.

Huge fan of the SMT series. My favorite HAS to be Strange Journey, but I also like the Devil Survivor series, particularly the 2nd one. SMT 4 was great too, but wasn't as memorable as SJ to me. I never played the console games or Persona, even though I hear they're very good :p

I don't know when Devil Survivor 2: Break Record 3DS is releasing in NA, but you should get both for sure!

I thought nobody was even going to mention Strange Journey! I've been itching to replay that one (even if it feels dated).

As for my favorite... I've played a good number, it's hard to choose. It has to be between Nocturne, Devil Survivor, and Strange Journey. Persona 4 was also incredible (especially the story, it made me cry at a point)...
It's so hard to choose!

Story wise, my favorite SMT game is between Nocturne and the Digital Devil Saga duo logy; both just reek of what makes a good story driven game either it be thought provoking discussion in the former or heavy influence from otherworldly creatures of a religion...

Ah, I'm getting off topic!

Game play wise, I must admit that I truly did enjoy the press-turn system from Nocturne and DDS, the retooled version of that system in the One More System from the Persona games is also interesting but Shin Megami Tensei IV is in my opinion the PERFECT version of that battle system.

Side games that receive honorable mentions for their battles system definitely goes to the Devil Survivor games. It's like a heavenly (or demonic if you prefer!) blend between Fire Emblem and SMT! Y'know, since we'll never get a crossover between those games anyway!

/s

Mmm this is hard, i liked Nocturne, SMT IV, Devil Survivor Overlocked(i played more of course) if i have to choose i go with Devil Survivor Overlocked. I've beaten it years ago and i continue playing it with the clear data(i never regret about bought it)

Megaten in general.

No particular order:
1. Shin Megami Tensei IV
2. Persona 3 FES
3. Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey
4. Shin Megami Tensei II
5. Devil Survivor Overclocked
Others: Persona 2 IS & EP, Devil Survivor 2, Raidou Kuzunoha Vs King Abbadon, Digital Devil Saga: Avatar Tuner, and etc.

SMT:
1. IV
2. IMAGINE
3. Strange Journey
4. II
5. III Nocturne

Megaten in general.

No particular order:
1. Shin Megami Tensei IV
2. Persona 3 FES
3. Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey
4. Shin Megami Tensei II
5. Devil Survivor Overclocked
Others: Persona 2 IS & EP, Devil Survivor 2, Raidou Kuzunoha Vs King Abbadon, Digital Devil Saga: Avatar Tuner, and etc.

SMT:
1. IV
2. IMAGINE
3. Strange Journey
4. II
5. III Nocturne
Bravely default isn't Megaten...
Though I'm hoping you knew that.
:rotfl:
LMAO, I got the post confused.

Back