What is your favourite weapon in any Zelda game?

• Thread starter 532
  • Start date

Favorite weapon from Zelda games?

• Bow

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Lantern

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Tornado Rod

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Fire Rod

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • ice Rod

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Cane of Somaria

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Pegasus Boots

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Roc's cape

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Majora's Mask Masks

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Other

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
What is your favorite weapon from any Zelda game? For me, it is the Bow :)
It looks awesome, You can snipe targets from faaar away :giggle: and it iis very powerful at taking down enemies.
You need to be accurate, but one you know how to use it, it becomes a beast of a weapon. :)

The bow was really a fun weapon to use, particularly with Skyward Sword where precision aiming was an important gameplay mechanic. In the 2D games I like the Pegasus Boots because they save time when exploring. In any case, there are way too many items in the games that I like

Reactions: Pave and 532
I suppose my favorite would be the Hammer and the numerous variations that it had over the years since you can flatten things into a pancake. I actually don't know what my favorite weapon is in the series since there is so many. I could say that the fishing pole, bottle, or the bug net is my favorite too. Anyone who is a fan of the series should know why for those three. :p

Reactions: 532
I suppose my favorite would be the Hammer and the numerous variations that it had over the years since you can flatten things into a pancake. I actually don't know what my favorite weapon is in the series since there is so many. I could say that the fishing pole, bottle, or the bug net is my favorite too. Anyone who is a fan of the series should know why for those three. :p
Those are definitely fun weapons to troll with. I assume it's because of the fact that you can use them even in boss battles?

examples below
fishing rod can be used to distract Ganondorf in Twilight Princess
Bottle can be used to reflect energy balls when battling Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time and Possessed Zelda in Twilight Princess,
Bug Net can be used to distract Demise

Those are definitely fun weapons to troll with. I assume it's because of the fact that you can use them even in boss battles?

examples below
fishing rod can be used to distract Ganondorf in Twilight Princess
Bottle can be used to reflect energy balls when battling Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time and Possessed Zelda in Twilight Princess,
Bug Net can be used to distract Demise

Yes that is the reasons why. Although you forgot to list some but it doesn't matter you got the idea. :p

Some other examples:

The Bug Net can reflect the magic balls of Agahnim in A Link to the Past and Yuga in A Link Between Worlds if you have good timing.

Yes, I all agree with you guys. haha I loved those "Easter Eggs" kinda thing where you could defelect the final bosses attacks with A bottle, The Fishing rod, The Bug net to distract Demis. Its really fun. Combat Wise, for me would be the Bow and Pegasus Boots.

Yes, I all agree with you guys. haha I loved those "Easter Eggs" kinda thing where you could defelect the final bosses attacks with A bottle, The Fishing rod, The Bug net to distract Demis. Its really fun. Combat Wise, for me would be the Bow and Pegasus Boots.
um, the spoiler tags were made for a reason.

i like the most is the wonderful boomerang.. it stun the enemy and boom you slice and dice them... :woot:
ohh and i like the fire rod too..:whistle:

I enjoyed using the boomerang in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past :

gam920.gif

I guess it's my favorite weapon for now. That might change because I'm currently playing Wind Waker HD.

I really like the Ice Rod in Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, I love the animation, and how it freezes/inflict damage to the enemy. I kinda liked the Fire Rod, but it can also inflict damage to you as well, which wasn't cool. So I'm all out for the Ice Rod!

212416-large.jpeg

I enjoyed using the boomerang in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past :

gam920.gif

I guess it's my favorite weapon for now. That might change because I'm currently playing Wind Waker HD.
The weapon I enjoyed in A Link To The Past was the Bow. I loved how the arrows had animations of springing and how they got stuck in enemies.
I really like the Ice Rod in Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, I love the animation, and how it freezes/inflict damage to the enemy. I kinda liked the Fire Rod, but it can also inflict damage to you as well, which wasn't cool. So I'm all out for the Ice Rod!

212416-large.jpeg
Oh? I hardly ever used the Ice rod. I always kept the Fire Rod and Bow equipped. Even if the Fire Rod can inflict damage to you, it happened to me only twice through the entire game. You can take out Hinoxes, Lynels and A lot of strong enemies with around 2 bursts of the Nice Fire Rod

Reactions: Reece
The weapon I enjoyed in A Link To The Past was the Bow. I loved how the arrows had animations of springing and how they got stuck in enemies.

Oh? I hardly ever used the Ice rod. I always kept the Fire Rod and Bow equipped. Even if the Fire Rod can inflict damage to you, it happened to me only twice through the entire game. You can take out Hinoxes, Lynels and A lot of strong enemies with around 2 bursts of the Nice Fire Rod
Oh? I don't know why, but I just disliked the Fire Rod for the inflicted damage on oneself. Probably because I barely use the other weapons in small place places, and when I do use weapons is when I'm jammed or something, and in the process ends up using the weapon stupidly and killing myself. I think I didn't give it a good enough chance too see it in boss battles.

The Deku Leaf.

When I was young and played Wind Waker, it always seemed like a really cool item. Not sure why.

Oh? I don't know why, but I just disliked the Fire Rod for the inflicted damage on oneself. Probably because I barely use the other weapons in small place places, and when I do use weapons is when I'm jammed or something, and in the process ends up using the weapon stupidly and killing myself. I think I didn't give it a good enough chance too see it in boss battles.
In my opinion, you should always equip the Bow on Y and Fire Rod on X. You can kill even a Lynel,
LynelModelALBW.png
one of the toughest enemy in the game from a really good distance away from it's fiery breath. I don't really use my Master Sword for all fights, except when I am fighting an enemy at really close ranges.

In my opinion, you should always equip the Bow on Y and Fire Rod on X. You can kill even a Lynel,
LynelModelALBW.png
one of the toughest enemy in the game from a really good distance away from it's fiery breath. I don't really use my Master Sword for all fights, except when I am fighting an enemy at really close ranges.
Oh, I keep the Bow equipped all the time, I think it's one of the best equipment in the game, you know, I don't quite remember that enemy, he looks strong. I'll give the Fire-Rod a chance, I think I only used it once, and didn't quite like it, so I gave up on it. I think I use the Master Sword a lot actually, I rarely fight from a distance.

Oh, I keep the Bow equipped all the time, I think it's one of the best equipment in the game, you know, I don't quite remember that enemy, he looks strong. I'll give the Fire-Rod a chance, I think I only used it once, and didn't quite like it, so I gave up on it. I think I use the Master Sword a lot actually, I rarely fight from a distance.
Hmm. unlike me. The moment i see an enemy, i span the Y button that has my Bow equipped, or if he is a bit closer or it's a cluster of enemies, then I spam the fire rod.

Hmm. unlike me. The moment i see an enemy, i span the Y button that has my Bow equipped, or if he is a bit closer or it's a cluster of enemies, then I spam the fire rod.
Oh, I think that how in A Link Between Worlds, when your life is full, and you upgraded you sword, your sword gets ranged, and the slashes are larger, I barely use the bow on enemies though.

I like the hookshot. It's very useful and you can attack enemies. What can be better than a item with both attack and non-attack properties? xD

I liked the Majora's Mask's Masks, but a majority of them are useless. I prefer the Biggoron's sword because this thing made OoT a lot easier. I am the kind of person who is constantly stabbing and this sword was the perfect one for me. This was also a bit of a cheat in the Ganon battle. :p

Roc's Cape is my favorite !!! \: D/
In the Minish Cap and games like Four Swords , this things was very fun to use for me . and I liked combining it with the Sword for the Down Thrust attack which was very useful .

Next would be the Bow in 3d Zelda games since it always is cool . I was never really so fond of the Bow in 2d games ...

Back