PS what playstation is better?

• Thread starter Susanafuerte
  • Start date
Susanafuerte

Susanafuerte

anime and videogame lover
Towns Folk
hey everyone i have a question like the tile says what playstation is better? psx ps2 ps3 or ps4? i think they all are good but i want some opinions :D:thumbsup:

If Sony would bring all the games from the original playstation to the newer versions then I would definitely pick one of them, but since they didn't, I have to stick with the original playstation

Reactions: Susanafuerte
If Sony would bring all the games from the original playstation to the newer versions then I would definitely pick one of them, but since they didn't, I have to stick with the original playstation

Technically they did with PlaystationNow. -.-

On the other hand, if you manage to get your hands on a CECH-E PS3, you'll be able to use most (if not all) PSX/PS2 game discs.

In terms of just the console then ps4 wins like by light year. Much better ram, processing, graphics, and overall everything is just better. In terms of game lineup and everything tho, ps3. The ps4s game library doesn't even come close. Ps3 has the incredible ps2 games and the new amazing games coming out right now as well

I'll go for the PS3. It has really good graphics and an impressive library of games to enjoy. Ratchet and Clank, GTA 4/5, Final Fantasy and more. You can pick up one for really cheap, and download some titles, the online play is decent too.

ps4 seems really good atm, and the good games are just beginning to come out

I can't really decide, but for me, it would definitely be the PS1, the PS2 or the PSP (if Sony's handhelds are accepted, they technically qualifies, since they represent the 'PS' brand).
The PS1 is one hell of a console full of childhood memories, the PS2 had its strong library and support for DVDs, which was helpful many times for me back then, and the PSP... Portable PS1 fused with an Internet Browser, a video player, and, multiplayer through Internet and Wi-Fi ? Sign me up.

As for the PS3/PS4, well, not a word about the 4 since I didn't touched it, and the 3's marketing policies were a bit too aggressive here, and sadly, (most of) the community I've met getting arrogant or close-minded all over the years didn't really helped that much. It has good games as well, but I didn't enjoyed it as much as the 1/2 or the Portable.

Hence why I still love my PS1, my PSP and my (now dead, sadly) PS2. It just makes everyone I talk about agree about how good/awesome they were, and it's still nice to enjoy some classics with friends from time to time (Makes me wish the PSP had multiplayer support built in its PS1 "emulator").

The PSP. It had Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3, alongside other great games, but Valkyria Chronicles 2 being exclusive alone makes it win for me. :cat:

If you mean only home consoles, then the PS2. It's the best home console ever.

I prefer the original Playstation
It just had more games that I found interesting
Parasite Eve,Parasite Eve II,Castlevania:Sotn,Resident Evil II,Clocktower

Reactions: 18
The PSP. It had Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3, alongside other great games, but Valkyria Chronicles 2 being exclusive alone makes it win for me. :cat:

If you mean only home consoles, then the PS2. It's the best home console ever.

If the trilogy were on PSVit, I would choose that one instead since it would have all the great PSP and PS One Japanese games I like, plus the Vita ones (BTW, I got Valkyria Chronicles 3 for Steam, but having to download the 20 GB will be a nightmare lol)

If the trilogy were on PSVit, I would choose that one instead since it would have all the great PSP and PS One Japanese games I like, plus the Vita ones (BTW, I got Valkyria Chronicles 3 for Steam, but having to download the 20 GB will be a nightmare lol)
Valkyria Chronicles 3 is only on the PSP >.> The original Valkyria Chronicles is on Steam as well as the PS3. I'm guessing you meant the latter.

Valkyria Chronicles 3 is only on the PSP >.> The original Valkyria Chronicles is on Steam as well as the PS3. I'm guessing you meant the latter.

Oh, sorry >.<
Got confused haha

(had a bad week on uni)

Reactions: 18
Well, if you mean in Power, hardware and Graphics, it would With no doubt be the newest Playstation, Playstation 4. However, if you mean With games and such, my vote goes to the PS2. It was the only Playstation console that I have owned, and has my favorite non-Nintendo game on it: Sly 2, band of thieves.

The PSX is my favorite Sony console, but the PS2 was probably the PlayStation to ever be released.

Well, if you mean in Power, hardware and Graphics, it would With no doubt be the newest Playstation, Playstation 4. However, if you mean With games and such, my vote goes to the PS2. It was the only Playstation console that I have owned, and has my favorite non-Nintendo game on it: Sly 2, band of thieves.

I was interested on the PS4 (before getting the Wii U) but I noticed it wasn't worth it, as a console it sucks considering previous consoles. Also the lack of backwards compatibility killed it for me, mostly since the great games are still being released for PS3 and PSN...

So if someone ask me, I would buy a PS3 over a PS4, mostly if it is the version that reads PS2 games.

Reactions: GerudoWarrior
It really depends on what you like
If you are an anime fan, then PSVita is your paradise
If you like old games and don't care that much about the graphics, then PS2 and Playstation
And if you love the new games I'd say, PS3, for now, because PS4 has barely started

all of them are great, Kupo! PSX have great classics, PS2 have cool games, PS3 have awesome graphics, PSP have incredible games right in your pocket, and i don't even have to say anything about PS4 and PSVita, right, Kupo?

I was interested on the PS4 (before getting the Wii U) but I noticed it wasn't worth it, as a console it sucks considering previous consoles. Also the lack of backwards compatibility killed it for me, mostly since the great games are still being released for PS3 and PSN...

So if someone ask me, I would buy a PS3 over a PS4, mostly if it is the version that reads PS2 games.

You'd have to look for CECH A, B, C, or E models for your backwards compatibility. And if you're worried about HD size, those models can have their harddrives swapped out for larger ones. I took my CECH E over to a shop and upgraded it's puny 80Gb HD to a 750Gb, which currently limits me to ~170 games.

For me personally, it'd be PS3 = Vita > PS2 > PSX > PS4.

Only reason PS4 is last right now is because the games I'm waiting for haven't released yet. Omega Quintet is just a couple of weeks away, but Disgaea 5 won't be until fall and Persona 5 probably won't release until then as well. Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II might release late in the year, but early 2016 is probably more likely for that one. Then the new Ys game is still quite a ways off as well. Anyways, my point is that PS4 is last for me right now, but it probably won't be last for long.

PS3 and the Vita are tied for me because I love them both and I can't put one over the other.

Has anyone played dbz shin budokai another road for psp. It is very fun. There is a variety of characters with their own forms. There is multiplayer which I have yet to play. I play it on a psp emulator. I am still trying to get better at the game since I need to.

Back