What should I worry about in middle school?

• Thread starter saltypepper
  • Start date
saltypepper

saltypepper

asian dude
Towns Folk
Well, I'm going onto middle school, an 11 going to 12 year old. What should I worry about in middle school, and expect?

im scared D:

Have you been a good student up to this point?
If so, nothing to worry about. It's easy mode. If you've been ahead of the curve up until now, odds are you'll stay ahead of the curve all the way through secondary school and up to or through higher education.

Just as long as you don't get too much C's and B's, grades in middle school don't really matter all that much unless it's a high school course or something. I will say, middle school does a terrible job of prepping you for the highest rigor for high school if you're going for that ballpark so be forewarned.

Worry about nothing. It's mainly just going to school and coming back, book-reading for tests (which is lovely, not having to take notes) and having actual teachers' support. Middle school is the last time you'll have it easy and be able to enjoy your subjects.

Have fun with it. :D

Reactions: Iridium Winter and 3905
I'm in England so I just went to high school from age 11 or so to 16, but all I'll say is you should totally have fun with your subjects because as Spinny said, it's not long until you get to a stage where you're doing lots of work but at that age, I felt as if there was a lot of time to have a bit of fun and enjoy learning and chilling out, making some fun memories, but of course prioritise more time to getting your grades (it will make the next year so much easier to deal with if you're not behind at all) and don't change yourself to please others. I did weird things when I went to high school to, y'know, be someone but just be yourself.

Well, I'm going onto middle school, an 11 going to 12 year old. What should I worry about in middle school, and expect?

im scared D:

Honestly, the only thing to worry about it the new people. Everything else just comes easy. Before your first day, just make sure you know where your classes are, and youll be perfectly fine. Trust me, everyone else going into middle school is feeling the same way. Don't worry. It will be fine.

You really have nothing to worry about. I guess the only thing you might actually have to worry about might be an increase in students and not getting the classes you may want. Plus, it may be a little tough trying to get to class to class, with how big the school might be. But, as you progress through the year, you'll slowly get more and more adjusted to the school ^.^

There's honestly not that much to worry about. It isn't as hard as high school.

Oh it's super easy and fun! I like the lockers! I know, I know really.. Lockers David, what are you thinking but whatever! I really like them:p they're just so useful and easy to use. It's a lot better than having all your books crammed into a desk! Also I like how you switch classes for each subject! You actually get a brake to get get up and move around - and sometimes that's really important to some kids! Anyway, all together there is nothing to worry about

Oh it's super easy and fun! I like the lockers! I know, I know really.. Lockers David, what are you thinking but whatever! I really like them:p they're just so useful and easy to use. It's a lot better than having all your books crammed into a desk! Also I like how you switch classes for each subject! You actually get a brake to get get up and move around - and sometimes that's really important to some kids! Anyway, all together there is nothing to worry about
I was lucky, I got lockers starting in 3rd grade xD

Yeah, its very easy. High school is what you should worry about, its more scary because colleges track your grades.

You know, I was worried when I was in middle school for the first time in 6th grade (going into 7th grade now) but... now that the thing is over... boy, it was one of the best years ever! I can tell that 7th grade will be better than 6th, but let me tell you that 6th grade was really fun for me. You shouldn't worry.

Well, I don't think you have anything to worry about aside from keeping your grades up (If you're the type) because Middle School will eventually just become a part of your past. Aside from that, I'd recommend you try to enjoy your pre-College years, because that's when the real hard part begins.

And try to find your passion while you're still young, develop it so when you reach the right age you will have mastered it, and honestly 11/12 years old is the best time for that.

Just get good grades and find respectable friends (ones you'd find respectable) but try not to make too many or maybe you may accidentally scar yourself but I don't know because I never had that thought but everyone's different. Also make good relationships with your teachers and they may praise you and people will remember you better.

But for the most part be yourself.

Reactions: Ramphy
People.

I found out that people were the cause of all middle school drama. Just avoid them and you'll be fine.

Unfortuanetly, people are hard to avoid. Mainly try avoiding the idiots. Thats a lot easier, but still really difficult.

Avoiding idiot students is your best bet, the idiot teachers are really hard to avoid.

Reactions: Moon Rain, Artisan and Iridium Winter
People.

I found out that people were the cause of all middle school drama. Just avoid them and you'll be fine.

Unfortuanetly, people are hard to avoid. Mainly try avoiding the idiots. Thats a lot easier, but still really difficult.

Avoiding idiot students is your best bet, the idiot teachers are really hard to avoid.
I acknowledge your hate for some people but the reason they're 'idiots' is because they have a hard time in life. You shouldn't avoid people that would make your life terrible. I there is drama just chill man and try and find the best solution to the problem. Try to make everyone your friend and if there is something you don't like about them and you hate them you are the lower person. So

JUST DON'T judge people as idiots because if you do you are lower than idiots.

Sorry for that rant...
@Artisan is right. Have good relationships with your peers and just be who you are. Do what you love.

BTW I live in England I do not know American Culture

In my personal experience, I went to a private school. And in my case, when your high school looks at your grades, they will look at all your 7th grade grades and a bit of your 8th grade grades. So if you're in 7th grade, work your hardest so you can land in a good high school. Me personally, I didn't do the best in 7th grade, but I did pretty good and one of the best high schools in Pennsylvania actually accepted me in their school and that's where I'm going this year.

So, just study hard, keep your goals straight, play later, take notes, and have fun!

im scared D:
Friends and work I guess? Middle school is easy nothing too difficult

Well, I'm already in middle school and I already experienced this so....

Reactions: J9794
Well, I'm already in middle school and I already experienced this so....
How's middle school going for you so far? =P

Back