What Type of Music Do You Like?

• Thread starter Bennie
  • Start date
B

Bennie

Personally I like rap, a lot of people don't like rap, but it's just personal preference I guess. :p
My favorite artists are Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller, they're both good rappers.

I like Rap, Hip-Hop, dance, pop, and bit of indie. A nice little mix. ^^

I'm a fan of bands like Owl City, just love their songs as a whole. I believe they are in the techno/pop genre, but they've experimented with classical instruments in their songs too. My favourite song from them by FAR is either Shooting Star (Both Acoustic and Regular versions), Dreams and Disasters. Or from the Wreck-It-Ralph movie, When Can I see You Again.

Over the past year or so I've been mostly into house, trance, electronica, and just weird experimental-type music. Stuff like FKA twigs, oOoOO, vagina vangi, etc. I also like rock/alternative music, though. Generally speaking I'll listen to anything (besides rap & country--I like a few rap songs, though).

Anything with a good beat or lyrics. I'll usually give everything a try once or twice. I generally won't give it more than that if I don't like it. If I do like it though, I'll play it over and over again until I'm burned out on it and then I'll stop for awhile and then listen to it again.

Any thing really, depends on the song. Though the types I listen to the least are Country and Rap.

I tend to flock to music that's really cryptic and/or has a nice story. Neutral Milk Hotel is an example of this.

I like pretty much everything but Pop and Heavy Metal, :bear:

Metal, EDM, and J-Pop.
Let's just say my tastes are a bit... unique. :p

Rock/metal and Vocaloid (it can be rock or electronica, I like it either way :cat: ) But absolutely no real-human electronic music :rage: :p

I prefer Rock/Metal and Electronic mostly. But if it sounds good but does not fall under those genres, I'll still like it all the same :D

I love rap and hip hop it just has so much flow and energy to it

I like pop/rock!

I like pop and rock, sometimes sad songs :) (and many anime songs)

Music is my turn-to when I'm down, so I usually have sad, calming songs. I also listen to classical music when I'm working on something or heavy metal when I'm cleaning. A lot of 80's synth/electronic music and classic 70's rock. I also dabble in 20's swing and 50's Rock n roll. I dabble in rap, mainly early 90's. Not too big a fan of country, dubstep, or house music.

I like anything without lyrics, excluding Centuries by Fall Out Boy. I tend to listen mostly to electric, though I also enjoy classical styled. Currently, my favorite songs are "I am Lapis Lazuli" from the Steven Universe Soundtrack and "Mt. Pyre Exterior" from Pokemon Omega Ruby.

I would say that though I don't really listen to music most of my time , I like the ones with a good beat and ones that , of course , can understand exactly what they are saying . I'm not sure exactly why but many songs I can't understand the lyrics . I also enjoy Pop too :D

Soo lets see:

Traditional Heavy Metal
Grunge
Traditonal Death Metal
Brutal Death Metal
Thrash Metal
Grindcore
Deathgrind
A little bit of Industrial Metal
Hardcore Punk
Progressive Death Metal
Melodic Thrash Metal(Im not sure if its melodic,but I think it is)
Death Thrash

Last edited:
What type of music do I like?

Ambient
Avant-Garde
Classical
Dance
Disco
Folk
Country
Blues
Jazz
Jazz Fusion
Soul
Neo Soul
Funk
Rock
Indie Rock
Blues Rock
Progressive Rock
Experimental Rock
Gothic Rock
Noise Rock
Psychedelic Rock
Folk Rock
Funk Rock
J-Rock
Garage Rock
Punk
Art Punk
Hardcore Punk
Post Hardcore
Heavy Metal
Black Metal
Death Metal
Thrash Metal
Doom Metal
Sludge Metal
Dream Pop
Baroque Pop
Synth Pop
Hip Hop
Experimental Hip Hop
Jazz Rap

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, may/may not add some band/artists recommendations later.

I mostly like J-pop, but I also like countrey. Most modern pop music is utter trash to me because of how often it contains adult content. Either that, or it just annoys me. I can take J-pop though, because the beats are a lot more fun and do not try to copy other artists like the techno-y parts of most songs that come on as of now. I like the good, non-repetative stuff(meaning the same sound in a billion different songs is a tad annoying so I usually "overlook" it)

Back