What was your LEAST favourite zelda item ever?

• Thread starter ArtsyThePikachu~
  • Start date
ArtsyThePikachu~

ArtsyThePikachu~

i'm a pikachu in disguise! (づ。●ω●。)づ
Towns Folk
Im sure that most of you have your favourite items in Zelda, but in your opinion, what is the most useless/ least favourite zelda item in the history of LoZ? For me, i'd say that the slingshot from Twilight Princess would be the worst item, since it did very low damage and you received a bow about 2 dungeons later that does much more damage, so the slingshot then becomes redundant and useless, which kinda just makes the slingshot seem pointless as an item to start with!
What is your least favourite/ most useless LoZ item and for what reason?

In my opinion, I think the Bombchu was the most useless item ever. You had almost no uses for the Bombchu in any game, and pretty much everything a Bombchu could do would be done by the regular Bomb. The only difference being that regular Bombs can't walk over/under stuff.

My least favorite item would probably be the Iron Boots from The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time . The only real use for it was to to reach under the Water and finish the Water Temple and be heavy so you don't get blown by harsh winds . That was pretty much it :/ Not to mention how slow you walk >.<

Reactions: 3823
I hate Ocarina/Majora's Magic Beans, because I never have one when I need ¬¬

Reactions: 423
Mine was Farores Wind

My least favorite zelda item? Probably the slingshot from twilight princess. Compared to what the fairy slingshot did in ocarina of time, it makes it seem pretty useless.

I pretty much hate the bombchu in Ocarina of Time. I mean, it is still a bomb after all, but it can scuttle across the floor and on the wall. It still has the same amount of time to blow up like a regular bomb. Bombchus were also in Phantom Hourglass, but they were fun to use with the touchscreen mechanic.

I really hated the dominion rod from twilight princess. It had barely any use and was mostly used in my least favorite zelda dungeon EVER: the temple of time. Also the bombchu in oot was pretty useless and the only real use for it was in the bombachu bowling alley. Although it at least had some use in phantom hourglass.

for me it was the cane of pacci (a Link to the Past). It's the rod that creates platforms in the dungeon named turtle rock. It was hard to to progress, as you have to fire up those spots whilst on a moving platform. It had no use outside the dungeon either, unless you use the rod a second time so the platform splits and shoots some beams. Doesn't really deal much damage and wastes valuable magic power.

Bombchus were the worst for me in Ocarina of Time as well as Oracle of Ages. Most of the time they wouldn't even go in the exact direction I was aiming in. That one Minigame in OoT that used the bombchus was almost impossible for me to perfect. I've only been able to beat it twice. :facepalm:

The most useless item to me is the couple mask in Majora's Mask. It's the hardest mask yo get and It is basically useless.

I dislike the Iron Boots like @Eridan *high fives*

I mean, they let you walk in high wind, but I found them a really boring item. Besides walking in wind they have no purpose >.< They're just there. I don't even know how link manages to walk in the heavy boots, to be honest, :p

Reactions: 2071
I think there are three different kinds of boots. One that doesn't float is the iron boot. The other one makes him float for a short amount of time and those running boots

*agrees with @rawrrie who agrees with @Eridan* :p

The Iron Boots were pretty terrible, I have to agree. They weren't so much boring to me as they were annoying, especially in the water temple - AKA the place where they had a use, but still despised them because you had to put them on and take them off constantly. xD

Reactions: 3823
In my opinion, I think the Bombchu was the most useless item ever. You had almost no uses for the Bombchu in any game, and pretty much everything a Bombchu could do would be done by the regular Bomb. The only difference being that regular Bombs can't walk over/under stuff.

I pretty much hate the bombchu in Ocarina of Time. I mean, it is still a bomb after all, but it can scuttle across the floor and on the wall. It still has the same amount of time to blow up like a regular bomb. Bombchus were also in Phantom Hourglass, but they were fun to use with the touchscreen mechanic.

Bombchus were the worst for me in Ocarina of Time as well as Oracle of Ages. Most of the time they wouldn't even go in the exact direction I was aiming in. That one Minigame in OoT that used the bombchus was almost impossible for me to perfect. I've only been able to beat it twice. :facepalm:
Why are people hating on Bomb Chus ? :p I always thought that they were pretty awesome as a moving bomb :p They are pretty cute as well :love: I guess that it's the fact that they aren't really used for general purpose for fighting and killing enemies or are barely used in the game except for its type of puzzles but I think they are still cool :sneaky:

Reactions: 532
My least favorite Zelda item would have to be the sand wand from the legend of zelda spirit tracks. It was a cool concept, you could raise sand to move holders and get to "new heights" but that's it. It was cool in that dungeons boos fight, but it didn't work anywhere else. You couldn't fight enemie with ie and it only worked where there was sand ( which was like only in the dungeon).

My least favourite item in the LoZ series would have to be the Nayru's Love, not once have I used it in all the times I have played OoT and it's pretty much useless. Din's Fire and Farore's Wind have more uses and they all use the same amount of magic. The only difference is, there's an item that can replace Nayru's Love, it's called a shield.

The biggoron sword because even thought its still usable you can't use it with a shield and the trading sequence is long

I hate every useless mask in Majoras Mask. You know, the ones that are only used for one quest but then never used again. Far too many masks ended up just being there for the sake of being there, and it sucks that they never get used for any other purpose afterwards. I'd love for the dancing mask to have more use personally, because those are sick dance moves

I gotta say it. The Wind Waker! I mean yes while it's in the name of the game and it's used so much it only has one use. You control wind and conduct songs. Well that's two but still. My point here is is that I just wish it had some more uses. It gets boring playing the songs and all that. While it helped you a lot since it made the winds change direction I still wanted some other uses for it. IDK what those uses would be but still I think they could have done something.

Back