What would you do with a million dollars?

• Thread starter Gecko
  • Start date
Gecko

Gecko

Son of Anarchy
Towns Folk
The title to this post says it all. What would you spend a million dollars on? I would probably spend it on something stupid like a spray on Mohawk, or buy ten thousand happy meal toys... don't ask :panda:

Anyway, if you had a million bucks what would you buy?

(And for the love of all things innocent - AKA @Taiiny -, please don't say weed :p)

Have fun! \: D/

Reactions: 18
I'd buy weed. For inventory purposes.

Reactions: J9794 and TheYESDragon
Go to bed Taiiny :p

I would open a amusement park based on Creepypasta! I would of course be yours truly because who else could I be?

And too I would also donate to Give Kids The World because they make cancer patients wishes come true.

Reactions: Eric Cartman
:D
That's awesome.
I would give you PC, but I'm broke, so here's one of my kidneys...

Get all the games I can ever imagine \o/
I'd probably use the money to buy a house or something or manage a business so I can work independently :p

I'm not sure if 1 million is enough, but I'll probably buy the rights for something dead or on the road to die then revive it. Or buy the rights for something that's well alive but not good, in order to make it good.

Like buy F-Zero rights and make a new F-Zero game.

Or buy Smash and make it an interesting game again instead of "2 minutes of warm-up then sudden death because no one died during the aforementioned 2 minutes due to hitboxes dealing half the damage they used to deal in Melee and everyone having an Up B allowing them to get back on stage after crossing the pacific ocean twice".

Or buy Nintendo (I'm pretty sure 1 million is definitely not enough) and prevent them from going into mobile games.
Or buy Apple and make a lot of changes, like standard chargers, standard ports on MacBook, reasonable prices for the hardware I sell, useful features instead of investing in research so that the iMac is 5mm at the edge but 5cm on the middle, etc.

Or buy Samsung and convince them to make their Android ROMs more like AOSP instead of putting that TouchWiz crap, and also make the front button not a bump but a pit so that it's not pressed accidentally just when walking on the street.

Or buy CyanogenMod and put them back on the track of the open community it used to be instead of that not-so-closed-but-not-that-open-either commercial thing it became.

Or buy Microsoft and make Windows an operating system again instead of something that's to operating systems what emacs is to text editors, which means it does a lot of things but not what you want.

Or buy Microsoft and/or Sony parts to shut down the XBox and PS series, now that everyone has a PC (which was not the case back when consoles were created) so that they stop using the "exclusive" excuse as a false reason to make people buy their outdated and limited PC gimmicks which just make the whole gaming community stay behind what it could be.

Etc, you see the point I guess :p

Reactions: Ju_The_Avatar
I'd buy a house first, something that isnt too grand. Then I'd open up a cafe, once that's up and running, I'll invest in some land, or another house (which I will sell for a profit, or rent off to someone). All the while buying a crapton of games and going to culinary school XD Or maybe.... buy 1 million cans of Arizona Ice Tea. Cause that stuff is good and I'd have like 10,00 left for other stuff (Games and internet XD).

@Chickenfoot Seems like you have a lot of things on your mind... you got me at the million cans of Arizona Tea :p anyway I guess its time I shared mine. If I had a million dollars, I would probably pull a Joker from the first Dark Knight movie. I would pile it all up, and burn it. Like the old people say, "No money, no problems..."

If I had a million dollars, I would start my own electronics shop. Do you guys know how much money those places make? Imagine, all the parts for any devices (processors, PSUs, etc), all the components (resistors, capacitors, etc), already built devices (computers, mobiles, etc), even equipment for the job (screwdrivers, multimeters, etc). I asked a guy that owns a shop like that and he told me this: "It takes about 10-15 thousand to fill the stock, but by selling all those you make more than 120000!". A HUNDRED AND TWENTY THOUSAND! That's not all though, the stock gets sold out in less than a week for most stuff. So that 120K I mentioned, you make that in less than a week, EVERY week. Anyway, with whatever I was left with from the 1 million, I would probably use it to buy a house. Nothing too big, nothing too small. Spacious and with a backyard / garden.

Reactions: BmanNintendo
I like your idea, @Tho . I must admit, it would be reeeally fun to start an electronics shop. It would be cool to be able to talk to people about things you like while doing your job. Its always great to meld fun and working together. Thanks for the reply!

I like your idea, @Tho . I must admit, it would be reeeally fun to start an electronics shop. It would be cool to be able to talk to people about things you like while doing your job. Its always great to meld fun and working together. Thanks for the reply!
Thanks. You know, what I'm studying at University right now is exactly that, electronic engineer (create, build, maintain, modify and sell devices).
PS: No cookie Monster?:cry:I loved that avi.

Depends, I don't really know how much I could buy with a million dollars, if it was a million pounds it would be amazing. If I had to convert $1 million it would be £654,000. But anyways, assuming I have £1 million, I would probably get a nice house somewhere, put some of it into maybe a university fund and if I still have enough, try and get some of my favourite cancelled TV shows back on the air.

Depends, I don't really know how much I could buy with a million dollars, if it was a million pounds it would be amazing. If I had to convert $1 million it would be £654,000. But anyways, assuming I have £1 million, I would probably get a nice house somewhere, put some of it into maybe a university fund and if I still have enough, try and get some of my favourite cancelled TV shows back on the air.

That would be really nice as well @TheYESDragon . I would probably buy a house too (if I didn't burn the money first >.>). It would also be nice to not have to pay for college. That would take a huuuge weight off your shoulders to not have to worry about that :D

Reactions: TheYESDragon
I would donate almost all of it to fundraisers and charity's. Its just the cool thing to do, to give away things to charity, you are really helping people. I mean, I feel really bad for people that have problems and giving money to them will help them a lot, its not all about yourself. But I would keep 500 dollars to myself to be fair;)

Pulling a Bill Gates eh? @TheSpiritedWarrior I like the idea (as I stated in an earlier post) of donating and giving away to charitable organizations. Makes me fuzzy on the inside to see so many people responding that way here on this thread. Thanks guys :D you have successfully restored my hope in the human race!

Pulling a Bill Gates eh? @TheSpiritedWarrior I like the idea (as I stated in an earlier post) of donating and giving away to charitable organizations. Makes me fuzzy on the inside to see so many people responding that way here on this thread. Thanks guys :D you have successfully restored my hope in the human race!
Well, you probably didn't read my long post because it was boring, but I too didn't want to use that money for myself. I just don't think that charitable organizations actually help so I tried to make things better on other points, even though they are very light points probably no one cares about, but still, that was not as selfish as buying a house/car/shop.

Because basically, what is charity doing ? Helping a 22 year-old mother of 4 kids staying alive after she failed at seeing where the priorities in life were ? So that when she dies after still not getting a job, she wasted money without contributing to something except giving more poverty to the world thanks to her 4 kids who will be in the same case as her ?
Waste. In my opinion, by giving them money, you think you help even though you don't.

Now, you may think "ok, but the goals you described in your post aren't any better than this. Who cares about video games or pieces of software and hardware when people are dying ?". Well, let me make my list again.

- Making a new F-Zero game would help people to be more perseverant. You failed that race once ? Start again. You failed a hundred times ? Start again. Same in life, you didn't understand that math exercise that will give you a job in a few years ? Try harder.

- Making a skill-based Smash game instead of a luck based game would make people realise that things in life won't fall from the sky, you sometimes have to stop being lazy for a while and start improving yourself.

- Nintendo shouldn't go mobile because mobile games most often (and I said "most often") don't have the quality of console (portable or not) games, so the two games I mentionned earlier wouldn't be possible.
Apple is bullsheep. It just makes everything harder for everyone while we could all be together with the same charger, instead of being in a war with originality when it's not needed. Plus, they are wasting money at a very high pace (seriously, who needs 5mm on the edges when you have 5cm on the middle ?).

- Same for Samsung Touchwiz roms. Who needs them to waste money developping features that no one ever uses while they could just keep compatibility with every other Android device by using more AOSP oriented roms ? And while they are thinking about those useless features, why can't they be smart for 0.1 seconds and think about making that button a hole so that we don't waste battery just by walking in the street ?

- CyanogenMod used to want the best for everyone. Now, they want the best for themselves, like filling their pockets with money. And that's a pity.

- Same for Microsoft as for Samsung and Apple. They surely do good things, but unfortunately that isn't the major part of what they are doing. They spend too much time on useless considerations and too little time actually helping.

- Home consoles that try to compete with PCs are just stupid. I mean, MS and Sony would just sell PCs, branded "XBox" and "PS", I don't care, but there is no point in introducing incompatibilities between consoles and exclusive titles, except starting a war between people, saying "this one is better than this one". We could just all play together, be united, save developping time for developpers, but no. So yeah, I understand why people nowadays buy consoles (if you want to play Halo, you need a Xbox basically), but I think home consoles intrinsequely contribute in a negative way to society (except the Wii U because it's also a retarded computer, but at least it's cheap and doesn't pretend to be powerful).

So yeah, as I said previously, those changes actually don't help a lot at all, but they are all one little step towards a better society in my opinion.
And I don't really expect anyone to agree with that opinion. Don't worry, I'm used to having an unpopular opinion.

Last edited:
One million isn't nearly enough for anything you mentionned though.

I'd bring my mom on a trip with me and my sister. We would visit the world together, as a family and spend some quality time.

Reactions: Kiki
One million isn't nearly enough for anything you mentionned though.
Yeah, that's what I said in my first post. But I thought that the thread was not "what would you do with 1 million dollars exactly" but "if money didn't stop you, what would you do".

And maybe 1 million will be enough to buy F-Zero and Smash after Nintendo failed hard at mobile games if they insist on doing it :p

Yeah, that's what I said in my first post. But I thought that the thread was not "what would you do with 1 million dollars exactly" but "if money didn't stop you, what would you do".

And maybe 1 million will be enough to buy F-Zero and Smash after Nintendo failed hard at mobile games if they insist on doing it :p
It's just as you said. Also, I love how you insist on F-Zero, but aren't you forgetting G III- Extreme? Those two always go together, they are basically the same thing, they are both the best games in the genre. Sure, F-Zero is a series, but the GX release is like rivals with G3.

Back