What's an Elder Dragon?

• Thread starter The Omega
  • Start date
The Omega

The Omega

Ya Boi is back in town (ya boi is back in town).
Towns Folk
I have heard about the "Elder Dragons" for quite a while now, but I don't know what they are. If anyone could fill me in, that would be great. Thanks!

Basically powerful monsters that generally appear in endgame

Think of them as the bosses in a game of bosses.

Do they have any good things I could carve off?

They are endgame monsters, no dip they do.

Do they have any good things I could carve off?
They make the best weapons/armor in the game.

Dragons that are elders.
Duh

Elder Dragons are basically relatively powerful monsters that usually appear towards the end of each Rank (Low, High, G) and they have some of the best equipment available to craft! They usually have lots of HP and while some are pretty docile, the pose a great threat to the ecosystem around them while also there's not a lot of knowledge about them (which is why things like Deviljho, Akantor and Ukanlos aren't EDs)!

You can check the Elder Dragons on the wiki and there's a decent explanation about them too!

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Elder_Dragon

Elder Dragons are basically relatively powerful monsters that usually appear towards the end of each Rank (Low, High, G) and they have some of the best equipment available to craft! They usually have lots of HP and while some are pretty docile, the pose a great threat to the ecosystem around them while also there's not a lot of knowledge about them (which is why things like Deviljho, Akantor and Ukanlos aren't EDs)!

You can check the Elder Dragons on the wiki and there's a decent explanation about them too!

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Elder_Dragon
The question was already answered, stop rehashing m90.

The question was already answered, stop rehashing m90.
Actually no, it wasn't! They aren't end game bosses or anything like that, they are just monsters that pose a threat to the ecosystem, are relatively strong and there's only little knowledge about them! And other than the "strong" part, no one mentioned the rest, so I actually was the first one to give a complete answer!:p

Stop trash posting for PC @Tho, it was answered by me and @HK-47.

Stop trash posting for PC @Tho, it was answered by me and @HK-47.
So a wrong answer is better than a complete actual answer?:confused: I couldn't care less about PC!

Me and Raptor's answers were correct, endgame monsters that have good gear. They always appear at the end of each rank, aka endgame.

Me and Raptor's answers were correct, endgame monsters that have good gear. They always appear at the end of each rank, aka endgame.
One, they USUALLY appear endgame. Two, you left most of the info out, so your answers were incomplete! Three, stop posting for post count!:p

Post count is a thing? Why is that a thing?
Also all the info you will ever actually need about elder dragons is exactly what me and Raptor said. Everything else is unnecessary.

He asked what they are, not what's important about them, so what you are doing is basically accuse me of doing something wrong when I actually answered his question! PS: I only got 1PC from that!:p

It doesn't matter, we gave him the essentials. No one actually cares about the pointless extra info.

He asked what they are, not what is important about them! I simply gave a complete answer and now you are complaining because you didn't do it yourself!

I'm not complaining, and he didn't ask for extra info no one needs either.

I'm not complaining, and he didn't ask for extra info no one needs either.
By YOUR definition then, ALL rare species, Seregios, R. Jho, F. Rajang, Ukanlos, Akantor and so on are Elder Dragons since they are strong monsters that appear endgame! THAT is why I actually explained what they actually are! Why can't you understand that when you give less than a half answer to a new player they will almost certainly misunderstand?

PS: Also, forgot to mention in my initial post, they can't be captured!

Back