What's an Elder Dragon?

• Thread starter The Omega
  • Start date
Seregios isn't exactly end game or rare, rare subspecies like Molten Tigrex, Gold Rathian, Lucent Nargacuga, Silver Rathalos, Abbysal Lagiacrus and super charged monsters like Savage Deviljho, Furious Rajang, and Raging Brachydios are really hard to mistake as elder dragons seeing as their main species aren't elder dragons. Akantor and Ukanlos are border line elder dragons seeing as the only reason they aren't is because their front arms show signs of flying wyvern ancestors.

You fight Seregios at the end of High Rank in the Caravan quests and as for how the main species can be commonly seen, then by that logic alone Shagaru Magala shouldn't be an Elder Dragon since Gore and Chaotic Gore aren't EDs! See my point? Just give a full answer from the beginning and everything will be ok! So stop trying to say I did something wrong when I did what I was supposed to! Anyway, that's enough, question has FINALLY been thoroughly answered!

Actually Gore and Chaos Gore aren't even classed, they just say ??? on the info and they could be classed as flying wyvern or elder dragon, but they can be captured so I guess they can't, and if you were paying attention when they were talking about the Shagaru Magala legend in the caravan story you would know why Shagaru is a elder dragon. Seregios is a mid game monster, and only appears in the caravan after the main story because he is one of the flagship monsters of MH4U.

They are some of the most powerful monsters in the game, they are often encountered near the end of the game, and they yield some of the highest quality materials when defeated. They have supposedly lived since ancient times and have a massively powerful aura that can easily bring destruction across an entire land. If you are in the beginning of the game, here is a list of elder dragons you have most likely already encountered: Dah'ren Mohran, Shagaru Magala, and the (possibly) Gore Magala. Although the Gore Magala is more often than not classified as a '???' type.

Back