What's next for our Squid-Kids?

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
Hi everybody! P2.0 here, coming atcha with another topic from one of my favorite games: Splatoon! ^o^ Put your hands, er, tentacles up! Woot! \o/

So, as you all know, we've just had our Final Splatfest a few days ago: Callie Vs. Marie, Marie taking the win ( GG, guys ). We got our Super Sea Snails, Nintendo put up a Splashback video of the past Splatfest, including drawings. ( Btw, did anyone see the white Inklings in there? :eek: Awesome! ) Anyway, like most fans of the game, I bet we're all wondering: What's next for Splatoon? Will there be any more updates? Will there be any more fresh gear to wear, new weapons, anything??? D: Or is this it for our beloved Squid-Kids for now? ;~; I kept asking myself these queions for a few days, and I have no theories, no plausible answers, unfortunately. The only thing I can think of ( And hope for ), is another Splatoon game, for Wii U and/or NX. I mean, if it's done so well, there has to be more to keep it going, right? RIGHT?? ;-;

Anyway, what about you guys? What do you think will happen with Splatoon, now that there isn't anymore Splatfests to look forward to? Do you think this is it, or will there be something later? 'o'

I think that splatoon was very successful. it would be silly of Nintendo to just abandon the series entirely. I'm hoping they will make a second game or an anime. heck maybe both. anyway yes I'm almost 100% sure they will not abandon the series. hopefully a NX and Wii u game but if its just for NX I guess I will have to deal with it.

I want it to die

I certainly hope there is another game, just not yet. Pool ideas to enhance the experience, bring new things to the franchise.

The series does have potential, it can and should be treated with the same high-profile as Ninty's other big multiplayer games like Mario Kart and Smash :3

Geez man...
Let me explain why I said "let it die"

The weapon and ability system is greatly unbalanced. You could play as an eliter and one shot someone with a non fully charged shot as long as you have like 5 strength ups and then you cover that up

It's impossible to get a tie, and the grading system in turf war is one side all the time.

In ranked mode, most stars benefit to one side to where it's nearly impossible to get past the team since the map makes it unfair for those even trying to leave

The map changes were unneeded

People try and praise the game like its a work of art where in reality, if someone goes in active you're already about to be dominated, since the maps are divided into four lanes.

And finally, it was just repetitive and basic features weren't even added until much later.

So, let the game die

Reactions: P2.0

The weapon and ability system is greatly unbalanced. You could play as an eliter and one shot someone with a non fully charged shot as long as you have like 5 strength ups and then you cover that up

It's impossible to get a tie, and the grading system in turf war is one side all the time.

In ranked mode, most stars benefit to one side to where it's nearly impossible to get past the team since the map makes it unfair for those even trying to leave

People try and praise the game like its a work of art where in reality, if someone goes in active you're already about to be dominated, since the maps are divided into four lanes.

And finally, it was just repetitive and basic features weren't even added until much later.

So, let the game die
All I read is blah blah blah COMPETITIVE blah blah INBALANCE blah.

Lots of people like it, lots of people play it, it makes money. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean Nintendo will drop such a rapidly grown IP :p

All I read is blah blah blah COMPETITIVE blah blah INBALANCE blah.

Lots of people like it, lots of people play it, it makes money. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean Nintendo will drop such a rapidly grown IP :p
It's fine to like it. Just let it die now. They always say "this is it guys" and then just make more stuff for it. It's like a crutch

Honestly, I would very much like a second game, or an anime (if executed correctly) like @oshul said. Though, I would want to kill myself if the second game was called "Splatoon 2". I'd like a catchy name, but it wouldn't bother me much. I don't know how they would go about making a second game, but a new storyline sharing more information about Callie and Marie would be nice. Also some new ink colors, and new game modes. In my opinion, Splatoon has a whole lot of potential.

So, let the game die
Ohhh, I see what you mean now. True, lots of the weapons became 'fixed', and most updates were probably, PROBABLY not needed. But I sorta just mean overall, y'know? Like, tons of people, despite all that, really love Splatoon for what it is, and they still have a great time with it. That's why I meant by if the game will end because Splatfest stopped, or will something else big happen with it.

Ohhh, I see what you mean now. True, lots of the weapons became 'fixed', and most updates were probably, PROBABLY not needed. But I sorta just mean overall, y'know? Like, tons of people, despite all that, really love Splatoon for what it is, and they still have a great time with it. That's why I meant by if the game will end because Splatfest stopped, or will something else big happen with it.
Considering it was only really super active during splatfest and people probably aren't going to reroll as much now, I expect it to die. So once again, just let it die

Considering it was only really super active during splatfest and people probably aren't going to reroll as much now, I expect it to die. So once again, just let it die
Glad to hear your opinion on it.

@slayer listen splatoon is never going to die. to this day tf2 on the Xbox STILL has people playing on it. and Nintendo being a bigger company is almost solid fact that someone will always be online if you think about it. so no it will not die. and there is a high chance Nintendo will still update the game and or make a second splatoon

@slayer listen splatoon is never going to die. to this day tf2 on the Xbox STILL has people playing on it. and Nintendo being a bigger company is almost solid fact that someone will always be online if you think about it. so no it will not die. and there is a high chance Nintendo will still update the game and or make a second splatoon
Tf2 is actually a good game unlike splatoon. Also, it will die. It will die one day. May not be soon, but it will die

Tf2 is actually a good game unlike splatoon. Also, it will die. It will die one day. May not be soon, but it will die
I haven't played Splatoon but TF2 has the advantage of being free and on Steam, meaning you're going to have a lot more players on at all times. Plus, the community has a lot of mods that they work on (including maps) and we have custom community servers, meaning that a lot of people stick around. Splatoon has somewhat limited content...

I hope they just do Spla2n on NX and give it more features, kinda like the ones TF2 has. Maybe give it a bigger story mode, allow people to make their own maps or something, maybe give us custom servers... Another thing I quite like from TF2 is the Class system, I'm not sure if Splatoon has anything like it but I enjoy being able to select a certain type of class with it's own set of weapons, for example, Scout.

Edit: Kinda a response to Oshul, I guess?

I haven't played Splatoon but TF2 has the advantage of being free and on Steam, meaning you're going to have a lot more players on at all times. Plus, the community has a lot of mods that they work on (including maps) and we have custom community servers, meaning that a lot of people stick around. Splatoon has somewhat limited content...

I hope they just do Spla2n on NX and give it more features, kinda like the ones TF2 has. Maybe give it a bigger story mode, allow people to make their own maps or something, maybe give us custom servers... Another thing I quite like from TF2 is the Class system, I'm not sure if Splatoon has anything like it but I enjoy being able to select a certain type of class with it's own set of weapons, for example, Scout.

Edit: Kinda a response to Oshul, I guess?
Asks for features like TF2, and then brings up story mode kek

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
Asks for features like TF2, and then brings up story mode kek
pls ;-; I probably should have put the bigger story mode somewhere else...

Splatoon needs a bit more time to soak before a sequel swims our way; it's only been out for a little over a year. But apparently, there's gonna be another Test Fire coming up, which is cool (though I bet more experienced players will be in the test servers than people who are actually trying out the game lel). And after the Test Fire, there will probably be a Splatoon port to the NX when that console releases.

Reactions: P2.0
Splatoon needs a bit more time to soak before a sequel swims our way; it's only been out for a little over a year. But apparently, there's gonna be another Test Fire coming up, which is cool (though I bet more experienced players will be in the test servers than people who are actually trying out the game lel). And after the Test Fire, there will probably be a Splatoon port to the NX when that console releases.
Who has a test fire after the last splatfest? So stupid, let it die, let it die. Stomp it in the ground and let it die

Ooh, really??? :eek: Sounds like fun! :3

Back