what's so good about Splatoon?

• Thread starter Chibi Asriel
  • Start date
@Whovian#1 I agree with that in some cases but not all. Sometimes I just want to play ranked for a long time because I like the maps and mode but other times I just want different maps than the ones available. What you could do if you feel bored of the modes is find a couple friends and do some private battles so you can choose the map and mode.

I will tell you that single player is very fun. I don't know why it's so special but it's fun. But I feel like it should be 50$. It's unique basing it on turf and not kills. It's way better than other shooter games. Plus it's by Nintendo so it's extra special. The controls are pretty good with wii u gamepad.

SPLATOON is a fun game that is kind of like a mixture of a kids game and call of duty. One makes it fun is the online multiplayer. It has a good story mode to it's just people normally do that just to get the weapons out of it. Another thing that's good about black tune is how the updated very often about once about every week they have an update for either a weapon map or clothes. That's what's fun about splatoon.

@SoProHunter You're right. The only problem is I only have one friend that has the game, and only two other friends that have a Wii U. Most people I know I have an Xbox. This friend also usually wants to play smash with me, so I don't play with him on Splatoon anyway. As for @Poyo I disagree. I think Splatoon $60 pricing is just fine. I said it earlier, but I'll say it again: Splatoon wasn't worth $60 at the start, but that was because it only had one multiplayer mode, 5 maps, and an ok amount of weapons. This best thing about the game from the start, was the single player (which they haven't touched since by the way except for the amiibo). However they consistently supported the game, by adding a ton of new maps, new gear, new weapons, and increasing the level cap. All this content was added for free! If they had forced you to pay for it you would have to pay at least the same price you bought an incomplete game for, which would be completly unfair. However they were super generous with how much content they did add for free. So for me the rating is perfectly fine. Plus everything else you said just proves my point even more. It's not just all the free updates that make it great though, the Splatfests are really awesome. A splatfest is where there's an event, and you choose a team (for ex: dogs or cat). Then when the splatfest comes around, you team up with players on your team, and play turf war against people on the opposing team. These matches become so intense, much more intense than regular turf war. At the end of the time, the winner is determined by the number of people that joined each team, and the number of wins each team obtained. When you add the two numbers up, the team with the highest score wins! It's a really fun part of the game, and they do it often. I also agree with everything that @Mello2002 said, he is absolutely right.

One last thing I forgot: Nintendo was super generous with the updates. What they could have done, is add enough content to make the game feel complete for free, but then everything afterwards could be paid. You would still have to pay a lot of money, and the only DLC like content, is the amiibo. Honestly, it's not even worth it. All you do is you play adventure mode levels, using a different weapon to unlike a new costume, a new mini-game to play in-between matches, and a new weapon. Not really worth the money if you ask me. Honestly the amiibo are just collectables, nothing more. Don't waste your money on them unless you like the character. Trust me, if you're doing it for the content, don't get them. The only reason to get them is for the collection value. They're collectors items with a little impact on the gameplay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Splatoon is an excellently designed shooter, and one that, in my opinion, is something that only Nintendo could pull off. It is fast paced, fun, and somewhat addictive, especially concerning the leveling system and the ranked battles, which can even border on mildly obsessive, in something of an Overwatch-competivitive-mode type way.

Back