What's the game about? What makes it Fun?

• Thread starter dilawer
  • Start date
dilawer

dilawer

The Villain in Green
Towns Folk
Hey, so I've heard a lot about this game but haven't played it yet because I just kinda have a feeling that it sucks. Although, as I see a lot of players for the game around here, I would like to know what's the game all about and why is it so much fun? I don't want to read reviews and watch YouTube videos, I want to know your opinions. It would be awesome if you tell me. I might get it if I like it and beat you or whatever you do in it. xD

Reactions: PorygonZ7727
I have no idea. I played Animal Crossing Wide World on the DS and I absolutely hated it. To be honest the cylindrical world scared me and the character's drunk-like titchy red nose and the animal's 'zababazzazaa' voices really annoyed me. In my opinion, which is of no consequence, it's one of the series that doesn't really deserve its popularity.

But I think people enjoy it because it's a far more social and all-ages-friendly game than most.

It's a fun little game where it focuses on the "good life." It's a simple game where you advance only as far as you want too. It's like an innocent representation of real life. I look at it like a type of simulation game.

Animal Crossing is also genre specific to gamers. If you don't like the type of game AC is when you start playing it, chances are you won't begin to like it later on. Also, if you don't have patience, AC will not be a game for you.

And Mopsy is correct, it is a social game which is easy to talk about, and you can host an economy and network of towns if you have enough people who play it.

Hmm, I understand. I wish it had a demo so I could actually give it a try.

Nintendo did a huge giveaway of it in Europe, new 3DS buyers could get a free download code for it from other users. Guess us US-3DS-owners always miss out on the good stuff. :(

Nintendo did a huge giveaway of it in Europe, new 3DS buyers could get a free download code for it from other users. Guess us US-3DS-owners always miss out on the good stuff. :(
I have a European 3DS when did they give it away? It's not recent, I guess.

It IS recent. Your 3DS has to be registered between 6/8/13 and 7/10/13. I think it's over by now though.
Also, I checked and it has to be a 3DS XL.

It IS recent. Your 3DS has to be registered between 6/8/13 and 7/10/13. I think it's over by now though.
Also, I checked and it has to be a 3DS XL.
-_-'

I just kinda have a feeling that it sucks.
I have a feeling the "Animals" part is making you iffy about the game. That's what made me iffy. So many people recommended the game so I just had to try it. I did and I was not disappointed. When the game launched, it took away 3-6 hours of my day when I thought it was an hour, :eek:

It's a game where you can relax, talk to other Animals, catch bugs, fish, dig up treasures, style your own house, hang out with friends online (text chat, play Island games, mess around in your friend's town, etc) and a lot more.

I give the game a 5 out of 5, ;) It's a game for all ages once you can play and read.

Reactions: Matthew
I have a feeling the "Animals" part is making you iffy about the game. That's what made me iffy. So many people recommended the game so I just had to try it. I did and I was not disappointed. When the game launched, it took away 3-6 hours of my day when I thought it was an hour, :eek:

It's a game where you can relax, talk to other Animals, catch bugs, fish, dig up treasures, style your own house, hang out with friends online (text chat, play Island games, mess around in your friend's town, etc) and a lot more.

I give the game a 5 out of 5, ;) It's a game for all ages once you can play and read.
This guy knows his games! :D Now, only if you choose "MY Random" number in that contest then I'll be playing this game as well. xD

I don't know what makes the game fun. I feel like it's just some task whenever I play.

I think it is hard to put into words what is exactly what attracts you, it depends depending the person as this game can be played for hours or just a bit every day.

Personally I like the room it leaves for you to make it feel like your own. More so this game than the past ones, you can really customize more things. the game gives you small objectives to keep you occupied if you wish to do so, such as collecting money for donations, making favours for your neighbours, etc. But there is nothing imposed and after you pass the introductory tutorials you are basically on your own.

Do you want to collect everything you can find in the game? Go for it.
Do you want to create your own designs for patterns or clothes? Go ahead.
Do you want to save up as many bells as possible? Go ahead?
Do you want to make your house the biggest? Go ahead.

Do you like to do things on your own? You can play for years without having to see any other person,a complete 1 player secluded game.

Do you like spending time with other people? Have them visit you or you visit their towns and even play minigames. You can even give a away a special code so they can come even while you are offline without recording any of their actions.

Basically each person can play it their own style. You set your own goals and priorities and make of the day what you will.

There is also another factor that helps the game and it is its randomness, while there are things you can control, there are some others you simply are not supposed to. One of those things is in a way your face. AC determinates your face by answering some questions so first time players usually doesn't know what they will look like until after arriving to their new town. The town is generated automatically and you just settle for one of the few offered options. While you can name your town you cannot decide what neighbours will be living there or where will they put their houses. While this game doesn't make as much of a fuss as past ones, the idea is still that you roll with the punches and take the things as they come. This random things helps the game not to get stale as quickly.

If you want a short version for the objective, I guess I could say it is making bells through many different things and completing your different catalogs, but there are so many things to spend your bells in that it will take a good while before you grow out of things to spend your bells on.

Reactions: Matthew
It's a life simulation game. You're the mayor of a town, and you must do whatever you can to make the town grow. Or, you can just make the town a wasteland. Dig for fossils, water plants, catch bugs, fish for fish, and much, much more. Also, you can play the game online or locally with the people that you have traded friend codes with. The game has a lot of to offer, and I suggest you get it.

Yeah, the game is mostly toward casual games. I think it's pretty fun, though.

The game is just really addicting it's somehow pointless to play but it's just still fun to do so , well it's probably one of the best games I have played as it's a life simulator game and it's actually pretty fun. :)

I find it more about collecting than life sim and that's a good thing !

I wish that us and canada got stuff like europe and japan get. but that will never happen.
:(

I wish that us and canada got stuff like europe and japan get. but that will never happen.
:(
yeah, because North America region gets legit sales on its own anyway. Japan gets it because it's special (aka Nintendo originated from there) and Europe gets it because they NEED promotions to boost sales

I'm also little on the decision side whether to buy the game or not, I played the DS version and (IMO) it was extremely annoying, I hated the same 'zababazzazaa' speech and the world itself (same as @Spinnerweb ) was unpleasing and kinda scared me, I have heard many good things about the game though, so i'm not to sure if I should get it too, also (sometimes) I don't really play games on an everyday basis, so I think if I am not playing the game rather often I would lose interest rather fast.

Reactions: 18
I'm also little on the decision side whether to buy the game or not, I played the DS version and (IMO) it was extremely annoying, I hated the same 'zababazzazaa' speech and the world itself (same as @Spinnerweb ) was unpleasing and kinda scared me, I have heard many good things about the game though, so i'm not to sure if I should get it too, also (sometimes) I don't really play games on an everyday basis, so I think if I am not playing the game rather often I would lose interest rather fast.
Well, I don't have this game but I bet you've heard the whole "3DS is producing games of better quality than the DS" thing that's been going around with some games lately. Something to consider haha

Back