whats the hardest nes or snes games ever

• Thread starter patbacknitro
  • Start date
patbacknitro

patbacknitro

A C Class Youtuber
Towns Folk
what is the hardest nes or snes games you guys ever played. mine is silver surfer. that game was everything unbeatable. thiers no way that game could of been set on easy. its as if someone by accident programed it on a legendary setting, but never programed anything in the game to adjust it any lower. if you dont believe me, try playing it yourselves. this game makes ghost and goblins look as easy as puting a square block in a square hole. the equivilint of beating silver surfer is like beating dark souls on some sort legendary god mode, with one HP, and a rusty broken dagger. and the funny thing is im uderexagerating.

Mine would be Super Mario RPG: Legend of the seven stars (SNES). The puzzles are sometimes hard to solve, I hate mazes. .-.

the bosses were pretty challenging as well, and you'd need a good strategy to beat them. The last boss (Smithy) I couldn't even beat, although my party were at a high level. Pretty annoying tbh. I eventually gave up. :p

For me it was Actraiser. To this freaking DAY i still can't get past Level 2. Freaking brutal. And the enemy variety through out the game is just awesome. On top of that, the damage dealt throughout the game reflects the growth of the character's strength. It was also the first game i ever played by Enix. I'd give it a solid 10 even though it kicks my butt every time.

Ninja Gaiden II (NES)
Just look at the third level!
I&III werenet even that hard.
Contra III (SNES)
Even the easy mode was hard to beat
with 7 Lives

I'd say the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game.

Ghosts and Goblins for the NES. My God, you have no idea how many times I had to buy a replacement TV due to me throwing the NES controller at the screen out of frustration.

Mine would be... super mario bros, them 3 teams hammer bros near the end kept getting me to start over, though i bet they were just giving away free hammers X3

super empire strikes back my god that was hard

The only SNES game I have played I think is the kids Icarus one,it was a hard at some parts and I still have not compeleted the game yet on my 3ds.I wonder how it will be when I have to fight Medusa.I'm gonna die.

Super Mario Bros. 2 (The Lost Levels). That game is extremely hard compared to normal Mario standards, and I never even found it fun. Playing it on 3ds VC right now, and I can sure say it's challenging.

Mine would be Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels. Honestly, that thing is a platformer's hell. the difficulty is insane at some points. Super Mario Bros. 3 also comes thanks to its World 8 tank and airship levels. But then again, one can argue that I haven't played many NES, SNES games so in all fairness, I don't have much of a say here.

Reactions: 423 and 4362
Depends. For the NES, the Mega Man games are just a pain, between some pits that are way too long (and Mega Man doesn't jump long enough), the "Touch a spike and die!" thing, as well as the fact that the enemies pop out of nowhere once eliminated makes it a hard game. Bosses on another hand, can be easier.

As for the SNES, Fire Emblem Thracia 776. I got the chance to try it once to an old friend of mine who had a Japanese SNES and a few SNES games (All kinds of it: PAL, NTSC, NTSC-J, and yes, the console was region-unlocked, he told me), and seriously, it makes FE:Awakening on Lunatic look easy. So, if you ever try it, prepare your tears (of rage).

Reactions: 532
For the NES: I would have to say the original Ninja Gaiden. Seriously, though. It was so hard to get anywhere in that game. People would just rush towards you, lashing it with knives, whips, and bullets where you have to dodge everything they throw at you, and find an opening to strike back.
For the SNES: Contra III: The alien wars. To date, the hardest shoot 'em up game I have ever player, period. Hordes of tAliens coming from virtually every angle your weapon could reach from, and then the mid and final bosses. DId I mentio how much of a pain they were? One of my friends broke his SNES controller in rage after trying those levels around 70 times :rotfl:
Depends. For the NES, the Mega Man games are just a pain, between some pits that are way too long (and Mega Man doesn't jump long enough), the "Touch a spike and die!" thing, as well as the fact that the enemies pop out of nowhere once eliminated makes it a hard game. Bosses on another hand, can be easier.

As for the SNES, Fire Emblem Thracia 776. I got the chance to try it once to an old friend of mine who had a Japanese SNES and a few SNES games (All kinds of it: PAL, NTSC, NTSC-J, and yes, the console was region-unlocked, he told me), and seriously, it makes FE:Awakening on Lunatic look easy. So, if you ever try it, prepare your tears (of rage).
Oh god. I have never played that game before, but if you are saying that it's that difficult, then surely it must be extraordinary. People are snapping their 3DS's in half nowadays trying to beat FE: A on Lunatic + :eek:

Unbelieveable that no one of you have mentioned adventure of Link. I played it on my Wii U Virtual console, and it is litteraly one of the hardest game I have ever played. I remember that I made it to the second Dungeon, theen I ragequited because I always died and had to start over, and I had to og trough that Cave again.... AoL sucks.

If I think of it the hardest Nes Game would be Castlevania that goddamn hallway before the Death Bossfight
also sometimes I rage quit already in the second level
Also Contra I was magikarping hard(Am I the only one who played it without the Konami Code D: ? )
Another Game I well remeber because of difficulty would be Metroid

Battletoads for the NES and Ghouls and Ghosts for SNES.

Super Mario bros 3 or Earthbound

Super Mario bros, it helps that it's the only one I've played but that hardly counts right?

Mega Man is such a difficult series. Not to mention that enemies can pop out of nowhere faster than your brain can react and also you can get trolled when trying to make one simple jump. There can be a gap that when you jump, an enemy can come out, hit you, and you fall to your death. Also beware the spikes. No matter how hard it is, its so satisfying when you beat Dr. Wily.

I have to say that although I never really did play the game originally , ( except using an emulator ) I have to say that Zelda II -The Adventure of Link was probably the most hardest of NES games that I have ever imagined and saw . It was pretty annoying as well but yet still fun :D

Back