What's your favorite Anime quote?

• Thread starter manugutir
  • Start date
manugutir

manugutir

Humble Tactician
Towns Folk
There's always a quote (or a lot of quotes) in our favorite Animes with which we identify ourselves. Personally, I've been watching Durarara!! recently and, although it was not a really relevant quote, I liked this one from episode 2:

"If it's too hard to talk about, you don't have to. I've got a lot of things I don't like talking about"

Mainly because of stuff that's been happening on my life recently. There's also a lot of quotes from Darker Than Black that I LOVED but can't remember at the moment, heheh...

Sound off with your posts and inspire others with your favorite quotes from any Anime you've watched!

Reactions: AnimeGameKid
There's thee that I always loved, and know many can relate too.

Funny thing is that they all hail from Attack on Titan.

"This world is merciless, yet it's also very beautiful." - Mikasa Ackerman

Mikasa is right, minus the fact we aren't fighting Titans and living in fear of being swallowed whole we still live everyday in fear. People have no shame killing off innocents just because they can or they don't like something about them. Without showing a shred of piety or thinking that that person is a human and has loved ones. But aside from all the horrible and cruel things in life, this planet is amazing. To think that something like our home planet can sustain life while others like it can't. To see so many different animals and humans, and places is amazing.

The next one is

"People, who can’t throw something important away, can never hope to change anything."- Armin Arlet

I know personally I have had many things in my life that I refused to give up. Be it a toy or even something like measly as a doughnut. But giving up that one thing to another not only makes us feel better, like we accomplished something but we helped another person. Like donating clothes or food. Sure we can deal and give fifty reasons as to why we need it but by giving it up we make changes that we may not feel right now but will a huge impact in the future.

And my all time favorite is

"I don't know which option you should choose. I could never advise you on that... No matter what kind of wisdom dictates you the option you pick, no one will be able to tell if it's right or wrong until you arrive to some sort of outcome from your choice."- Levi Ackerman (no known relation to Mikasa...yet)

I love this one because Levi is right no one can tell if making a choice will end well or horribly (you've met with a terrible fate haven't you?). Maybe not cleaning the kitchen will result in our parents changing their plan on taking us out to eat, maybe not watching the news on a certain day we will miss the announcement of the Zombie Apocalypse.

I don't know it can be anything, it's best to always weigh the pros and cons and do the right thing.

Reactions: BlazingPhoenix and manugutir
'Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many. Working hard alone doesn't assure you that you'll achieve your dreams. Actually there are more cases where you don't. Even so, working hard and achieving something is some consolation at least' Hachiman Hikigaya. Pure genius.

Working hard doesn't secure you it boosts that chance you already have. This motivates me a lot.

When I was obessed with TTGL, I kept having the quotes "We the HELL do you think we are?!?" stuck in my head and "My drill is the drill that pierces the heavens!". I may have grown up a bit from then but those quotes really pumped me up and motivated me in a weird way. Made it feel like I could break my limits because nothing is impossible. I will add another if/when I think of a more serous quote I like

"Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!"

Reactions: 18
"You get the docks. You stay in the slums. That's the arrangement til I find something on you."

-Batman

"Asymmetrical freak" Death the kid in like every episode in every season, soul eater
Although I have to share an attack on titan joke
How much did it cost Eren to fight a titan?
an arm and a leg

There's thee that I always loved, and know many can relate too.

Funny thing is that they all hail from Attack on Titan.

"This world is merciless, yet it's also very beautiful." - Mikasa Ackerman

Mikasa is right, minus the fact we aren't fighting Titans and living in fear of being swallowed whole we still live everyday in fear. People have no shame killing off innocents just because they can or they don't like something about them. Without showing a shred of piety or thinking that that person is a human and has loved ones. But aside from all the horrible and cruel things in life, this planet is amazing. To think that something like our home planet can sustain life while others like it can't. To see so many different animals and humans, and places is amazing.

The next one is

"People, who can’t throw something important away, can never hope to change anything."- Armin Arlet

I know personally I have had many things in my life that I refused to give up. Be it a toy or even something like measly as a doughnut. But giving up that one thing to another not only makes us feel better, like we accomplished something but we helped another person. Like donating clothes or food. Sure we can deal and give fifty reasons as to why we need it but by giving it up we make changes that we may not feel right now but will a huge impact in the future.

And my all time favorite is

"I don't know which option you should choose. I could never advise you on that... No matter what kind of wisdom dictates you the option you pick, no one will be able to tell if it's right or wrong until you arrive to some sort of outcome from your choice."- Levi Ackerman (no known relation to Mikasa...yet)

I love this one because Levi is right no one can tell if making a choice will end well or horribly (you've met with a terrible fate haven't you?). Maybe not cleaning the kitchen will result in our parents changing their plan on taking us out to eat, maybe not watching the news on a certain day we will miss the announcement of the Zombie Apocalypse.

I don't know it can be anything, it's best to always weigh the pros and cons and do the right thing.
Those are amazing quotes
Especially the first one, I watched that episode 3 times just for that
Man AOT is so deep at times, I love it, although I do love the quick humor it rarely incorporates, mainly Sasha

Reactions: Jeff The Killer
Thanks so much, and I agree with you the quotes and feeling the show offers are amazing. Though I do love Sasha and her funny moments (like when she nearly ran down Krista for the bread :D)

"A mangaka's life is his work, even if that work shortens that life" -Takagi BAKUMAN
Is quite silly, but I still like it :3

"Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!"
This.
And also...

"[crazy laugh]" - Kira

Reactions: Evelyn, 24460 and AnimeGameKid
Mine is the best. :)

"There is no such thing as that rose-colored campus life. Why? Because there is nothing rose-colored in the world. Everything is all a bunch of colors mixed up, you see." - Higuchi (Tatami Galaxy)

"When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly. But now Haruko is here. That's how I know there really is a world outside." - Naota (Fooly Cooly)

"Humans were drinking alcohol five thousand years ago. And they are still drinking it now. Alcohol is humanity's friend. Can I abandon a friend?" - Yang Wenli (Legend of the Galactic Heroes)

"Yesterday, I had the most TERRIFYIN’ experience! …Last night, I was all alone in my room… when outta nowhere… CAME THE SMELL OF A FART THAT WASN’T MINE!" - Ayumu Kasuga (Azumanga Daioh)

"don't run anymore, don't go where i can't reach you. stay with me forever!" - Kaga Kouko

"In a few more hours, the sun will rise." - Tristan Taylor

I have a lot of good quotes from animes, especially Shirokuma cafe, but my personal and absolute favorite quote from Shirokuma cafe is this:

Panda (to Penguin): Why don't you try black coffee sometimes?
Penguin: I don't need any more bitterness in my life

I still laugh when I remember it :rotfl:

"what a drag"
-shikumaru

Reactions: AngelsShadow
this is a manga quote but in bleach ichigo says if they find me here they'll bury me in the material world

or in bleach one class mate says Favoritism seventeen times

Last edited by a moderator:
Attack on Titan:
"I will kill you, every last one of you, with my bare hands!!! (chants: Die...Die...You're all gonna die...)"

Back