What's your Favorite Design program?

• Thread starter FTON
  • Start date
Photoshop CS6 for editting images mostly and Corel Painter 2016 for the good ol' drawings

I'm not sure,but I use photoshop and a drawing tab. It is nice to just draw on it so I do stuff in a certain shading art form. I have a thread with some of my work if you'd wanna see it.

I've been using Photoshop for years because it can make nice graphics if you know how to use several features well.

Reactions: Dowhat?
Currently, I really enjoy using Adobe Illustrator. The hotkeys take a little bit of time to get down, but after that it is relatively smooth sailing. I quite enjoy using it!

Personally, I use Firealpaca for everything just because it's so easy to use and has simple controls and is free to use and download.

Over the past year I started to us firealpca as it is extremely simple and easy.

I usually would say the program I use for making comics doubles as my favorite design tool, but I currently lack ability to use it... And so, in its stead, I've been fighting to do decent art in GIMP, which requires more definitive skill.

For drawing and digital painting, my go-to is usually Procreate on the IPad Pro with the Apple Pencil. It is very user friendly and is only about 10 bucks on the app store. I used to use Photoshop for a while with a Wacom tablet, but drawing directly on the screen is much easier for me, and gives me more control over my artwork. Procreate is missing some of the features Photoshop has, but Procreate works best for what I want to do. (plus it is easier to post drawings to Instagram from Procreate since you can't post on computer)

ibis Paint X is a really good one, the ads aren't super intrusive (no popup ads, just one on the bottom) and using your finger is surprisingly easy. Plus it has a lot of cool features that are great to use, and one that can make your lines extra stable if you are using your finger, or if you are just super shakey.

GIMP is my main image editing software tool because of the scripts & plugins that you can get online and put in GIMP on your computer & FireAlpaca is a drawing software tool I use for art mostly.

I use GIMP or Pixlr because Pixlr is online and free so it requires no download. It's nice and pretty easy to use, which is nice because I'm pretty new to image editing.

Reactions: Jisenku
Back