What's your favorite Wii U feature?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
top favorites GO!
1. Internet
I like watching youtube and stuff on the TV! ^^ And I've never gotten a virus! Also the performances are wond xD

2. Off TV play.
Football dad, nuff said.

3. A my bow (new name)
Smash, mario party, MK8, they're all a little more fun with amiibo bonuses and stuff! ^^

I really like being able to play most games on the gamepad. Especially when family comes over and they want to use the TV I don't have to stop playing. It even reaches just barely into my room :D

Out of all the features that the Wii U has to offer, what is your favorite and why?
My favorite Wii U feature is to use the game pad as a TV Remote, i love that and if lose my normal TV remote and i'm in a hurry to watch some tv shows new episodes? the Wii U game pad's TV feature helps me a lot. Another favorite feature on the Wii U is the ability to play off-screen, most of the time my family watch a lot of TV shows and when i need to play, i'l just grab the game pad and play it there. (unless there's a Wii U game where it requires both like splatoon). Also, nobody can't see me getting wrecked when i play online on the game pad. :bag:

Reactions: Callum.Houlahan
So the best feature of the Wii U is the Chat or Face Chat. This feature will allow you to talk and see your friends while on your Wii U. This feature was enabled so people could talk to their friends that they don't see outside the Wii U or they moved away and you can't see them anymore. This will help and solve all problems, as long as you are friends with them on the Wii U you can talk as long as you like. There is no time limit so you can enjoy endless chat and face chat no matter what you are doing. If you are using face chat are have any comments about please feel free to reply to this and say whay you think about this feature. Thanks

For me, It's definitely the Off-Screen play. It's very convenient if It's a time to be quiet (GamePad +Headphones), or someone is using the TV, and It's much better to use the Wii U's Internet Browser (Which I'm actually uing to write this) while lookng at the GamePad and using the touch screen than looking at the TV.

I don't have one but when my friend came over and brought her's but my tv was too old to have a hdmi slot and so I thought it would work on my laptop so I tried it. It didn't work but she was like "Eh, no big deal we can just play with out a tv." and she proceeds to plug everything in and we played Hyrule Warriors with just the game pad. And that, I think is the best feature. being able to play with only the game pad (even if it is with limited games.)

My favourite feature is the VIRTUAL CONSOLE! It is the best! You can buy N64, DS, Wii, GBA, NES and SNES games on it. I love having the option to buy lots of old games. I hope we get a Gamecube Virtual console, I have never played a single gamecube game xD

So far it's the off-screen play. I used it a couple of time already instead of fighting for the TV. So a game supporting this feature will be more interesting to me than others for sure!

The most beneficial feature for me is being able to play without the TV. My family hogs the TV all day so I rarely get a chance to play on the glorious resolution of the big screen. Another feature I like is amiibo functionality and how registering different amiibo characters unlocks new functions and features in games, especially with amiibo Tap which allows you to play a quick demo of the game based on which character you tapped!

I would definitely go with the TV remote of the gamepad. It is just so convenient to just press the TV button and press power. Though it takes a bit of time to set up, it is worth using if you can't find that TV remote controller. I also like that you don't need to use the TV to play the game when you got one on the gamepad. Also, I like the internet browser because it is better than the one on the New Nintendo 3ds xl. You can use the Wii U as a computer and just look up things like you can on the computer. I love the Wii U and there's just too many things to say about it.

Off-TV Play hands down. Nothing better than just popping in some headphones and continuing playing. But I wish the volume could be better adjusted :/

I also like the ability to plug in a flash drive to increase space. I know it is a staple in consoles nowadays, but I still love the convenience.

I like the Off-TV play a lot, but it isn't exactly my favorite, since not all titles are compatible with this amazing feature. Nonetheless, it's still oopabulous, especially for playing 2D side-scrollers - it just gives me a sense of nostalgia for some reason. xD

It has got to be the off tv play. Its so cool that I can play wherever I want. I ccan literally play in another room. It is so cool! Many games are good on just the gamepad, like super mario 3d world, smash bros, donkey kong country tropical freeze. They are just as good as playing on the tv, so its my favorite feature. The range is also really good, if it used wifi aas range, it would be better but the range is still good

Gamepad as a tv remote. Makes it way easier for adjusting volume and changing channels while gaming

Off TV and miiverse are my two favorites for me.

My personal favorite feature on the WiiU was the quick start menu that was added in firmware version 5.0.0. It just made starting up games, apps, and the like so much easier than having to load the entire menu just to start one. I also really like the NFC touchpoint for amiibo.

Back