What's your opinion on Switch multiplayer costing money?

• Thread starter shiny-j
  • Start date
The boys will have to get used to playing on my profile then if they want to join in, and play as a girl in some games, for example Splatoon 2. Assuming I subscribe of course, going to wait and see. I barely use my Switch at the moment.
You could always have them pay the extra 15$.
Not using the family deal is just not smart.

No it wouldn't be smart, but they are 4 and 6, so don't have own money. They are currently only interested in watching youtube videos of Minecraft, so maybe I am over thinking it a bit...

No it wouldn't be smart, but they are 4 and 6, so don't have own money. They are currently only interested in watching youtube videos of Minecraft, so maybe I am over thinking it a bit...
Do you know anyone else you trust that has a switch? You can add anyone to the family of 8, so you could find one person who wants the online and would rather pay 15$ than 20$ and you just add them to your family and you can give your kids access too! Unless you cannot find anyone to share with, its a really good idea.

Reactions: Furyofthestorm78
It will definitely be problematic to anyone who doesn't really earn an income or get money from their parents. Also problematic to anyone who just doesn't earn much money in general or wants to spend it on other things

To be fair the prices are better than playstation and xbox and look at how many people still buy those on a monthly / yearly basis.

It won't be a complete failure due to the fact that people who can afford it will buy it, hardcore fans of primarily online games such as Splatoon or mario kart will feel the need to buy it. It definitely won't be a failure that's for sure

I myself will be buying it seeing as I have the money and am ridiculously into splatoon

i am nurtral towards this as it could mean better online performance. also this can mean that switch online lasts longer than wii and ds online , perhaps when the next console comes out.the cheap option is good for those who only plan to play during a specific month , like a holiday or vacation. they can always add more to thr service over time to make it more worthwhile.

Back