What's Your Preferred Genre for Games?

• Thread starter dilawer
  • Start date
Racing, RPG, Platformers, and puzzle games. I mostly like action platformers with RPG elements, Kingdom Hearts and Ratchet & Clank to name a couple.

I'm old enough to remember the heyday of point n click graphic adventures - still my favorite genre. It's part of why I love the Wii & DS - they really gave the genre a shot in the arm.

I'm old enough to remember the heyday of point n click graphic adventures - still my favorite genre. It's part of why I love the Wii & DS - they really gave the genre a shot in the arm.
Oh I remember the PC game called Fallout and Curse of Monkey Island when you said that. Well, getting back to the topic my favorite genre is Mystery, Action, Adventure, RPG, Puzzle. I love anything as long as it is interesting and not boring. I hate it when I purchase a game and I finish it in just one day. :p

Reactions: TAG
I like RPGs the best, while I also like racing games, puzzles, word games, or that I Spy game I have in my Wii. Mature rated games like 999 do intrigue me but I still don't have the guts to play them :p

Any genre except point and click games and FPS

Mostly RPG, adventure (Final Fantasy) or even simulation (Harvest moon)
But recently puzzle in Visual Novel like games really attract me (999, Phoenix Wright)

well i like almost everything but my favorite are role playing games and strategy - i also like a bit of action mixed with those ones - i like games like pokemon and fire emblem - and a old favorite is metal slug

Type.of genre that I like the most is RPG (pokemon X and Y) ,and action. The other genre also is FPS and fighting ,I put it as secondary cause I was not so good playing those genre type game. :p the rest of the genre is not exactly my type for picking up games~~

I like all genres except for fps' (only like borderlands) and sports games.

RPG for the most part. It's so fun playing a character and going on adventure through their world. :cat:

Pokemon/Zelda anyone? :D

Oh yeah, it's RPG. If it's not limited to Nintendo, I have to say Skyrim is one of the greatest RPGs I've ever played.

I like most genres, but RPGs (in general) are definitely my favourites.

I'm not a fan of FPS games, except Team Fortress 2 and Borderlands 2

I can't stand CoD fanboys...

JRPG/RPG, visual novels, strategy and puzzle game are the best ^^ but games with good story lines are also really good !
I'm trying out MMORPGs now since my 3ds was taken and I'm trying league of legends - i also play pokemon TCG on my computer, its quite good and i play maybe once a week ?

All of the genres are good but my favourites are fighting,action and adventures.To me they are the best ooh and I forgot to mention platform games like Mario and sonic.

all in one-
rpg(large story) , adventure , open world!!!!! is there any game like this???

Well, I mostly like RPGs, but not if it's just go around and kill stuff. If agame doesn't have an atleast decent storyline (With a few exceptions, like Smash Bros.) then I won't play it.

The main genres I prefer to play are RPGs, platformers and action adventure.

MMORPG, JRPG, simulation-rpg (harvest moon, rune factory), adventure, life simulation (the sims), otome games.

^^^you like mmos
have you ever played maple story? thats one is surprisingly addicting tho all you do is level grind.

p.s i feel like im stalking you replying to all your messages cx

I played Maple Story for 5 years or more (not anymore) I loveeeee it! The best MMORPG in my life lol.

I mainly prefer the following genres in a game:
  • Action (Some fantasy fighting? I love those)
  • Adventure (I love fun adventures)
  • Fantasy (I love magic and such)
  • RPG (I love the control of characters, and acting them out to make them fight and such)
Basically, I like those 'story-line' games with an adventurous plot and gameplay.

Back