What's You're Favorite Personal Computer Anti virus?

• Thread starter jams3223
  • Start date
I don't use any antivirus. All my laptops have a dual boot Linux-Windows (except the one with only Linux but I never use it) so when Windows gets a virus (still didn't happen), I just use Linux while waiting for a moment when I have time to restore Windows to a previous state.
I also have a dual boot (with elementary) but whenever I have a problem with windows, I just go to the registry editor and DELETE ALL THE THINGS (that are suspicious), and look in all the folders everywhere and DELETE ALL THE THINGS (that are suspicious). I am my own antivirus. Also I don't DDOS wherever the virus is coming from.

When I first got my pc, it had a free McAffe trial, but after that expired I got Comodo, and it's really strong.

Mine would have to be 360totalsecurity, NOT NORTON, NORTON IS CRAP!!! But 360 is a full round, free antivirus, and i have only gotten one virus with it the whole time that I've had it:p I use that along with malware bytes free to clean out the viruses. It works just fine:p

I use Avast and Malwarebytes. I used to have Norton, but then I discovered the free side of things and got Avast instead.

I used to use Avast before it went crazy and started to think my entire computer was a virus, and I had to pry Avast away from my machine before it got bricked. I have MSE and keep some scanners like Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware on hand if I ever feel I need them (I like to run SAS scans with some frequency because, try as I may, it seems like there's always one tracking cookie that slips past my defenses), but the best virus scanner really is Common Sense 2015. You just can't beat that.

Norton 360 master race. I've not had problems with it, and it seems to work pretty well.

I think Avira is really good, though it really makes my computer slow (and even worse when run).
It was recommended to me by my hacker friend. Other than Adware/pop-up ads, I don't seem to experience any virus.
The best programme to remove adware for me is Adwcleaner, completely wipe out all the adware!

My two favorites are Kaspersky and Avast. I've never had a bad experience with either of these programs. Back in the windows vista days I had Norton and it made my computer slow and the protection it provided seemed weak. From what I hear, Norton has improved in recent years. However, I haven't bothered trying their service since. I also used to have McAfee for a long time. It was a good service for the most part, but it would keep detecting my files as viruses even after telling it to ignore those files. I know what you are thinking and the answer is no. The files were not illegal software, they were merely legit Steam games. That being said, I've had great experiences with Kaspersky and more recently Avast.

Back