Which Anime Death is the Saddest?

• Thread starter Brook
  • Start date
Brook

Brook

Musician of the Straw Hat Pirates Yohoho!
Towns Folk
My saddest anime death would have to be either Itachi or Rolo's death. While Itachi death wasn't that sad, the after story brought me to tears. Rolo was abandoned but sacrificed his life for the ones who abandoned him.:cry::cry::cry:

Reactions: Jeff The Killer
Why'd ya have to mention Itachi? Finding out the truth of the Uchiha clan made me sad and I wanted to punch Sasuke!

I have two in mind, the first is L from Death Note. The scene before you could see that L knew something wasn't right but he still trusted Light and was becoming his friend then bam! I hated Light ever since.

And any death in Attack on Titan, I know it's vague but I don't want to ruin it for others but that show ha many depressing deaths.

Reactions: 3823
I've only seen Death Note so here's my answer
Light's death. The death of the whole plot. Realizing he was a serial killer and being delusional about it in the beginning. Forget L, he knew he was going to die and he was down in the dumps about it and it never struck as hard as Light's death. Why? Because of the suspense before the last episode and you would never expect seeing him be so vulnerable and insecure.

When L from Death Note died, a little part of me died. I was so attached to him as a character and then boom death. ;-; After he died, I thought it was a joke so I googled if he come back to life. Turns out he didn't so then I just didn't watch the rest of the anime until a later date. Why did L have to die ;~;

I don't watch much anime but the early deaths in Sword Art Online like when Kirito lied to his new party about being a beater and lead them into a trap shocked me, I didn't realise it would be so drama-filled so early but I loved it. Actually gave me a sense of "holy <censored> anyone except for Kirito and Asuna could easily die now!"

Also, Jiraiya in Naruto Shippuden. IMO, Pain should have been Naruto's final villain - it felt so perfect, he should have led Akatsuki against Naruto, who would get revenge for the death of the old man after Pain also rekt Kakashi.

I don't watch much anime but the early deaths in Sword Art Online like when Kirito lied to his new party about being a beater and lead them into a trap shocked me, I didn't realise it would be so drama-filled so early but I loved it. Actually gave me a sense of "holy s**t anyone except for Kirito and Asuna could easily die now!"

Also, Jiraiya in Naruto Shippuden. IMO, Pain should have been Naruto's final villain - it felt so perfect, he should have led Akatsuki against Naruto, who would get revenge for the death of the old man after Pain also rekt Kakashi.
He didn't lead them into a trap, he suspected but didn't act ._.

I actually thought that Queen Otohime's death in Fishman Island (One Piece) was sadest, because that stupid Hody Jones pretended it was Human that killed the Queen, who had a largeeeeee struggle to bond human and fisman/mermen. It is so sad that all her efforts were reduced to next to nothing and her children left there. I actually cried a bit it was so sad...

Ace's Death in One Piece because there were so much efforts to try and save him, and Luffy actually beat Garp and saved him, then he just died by Akainu, ;_;

Probably FMA Brotherhood
Maes Hughes dying was so huge. I really didn't expect it to happen to probably the best character of the show

Trigun
Not only is Wolfwood one of my favorite characters in anime, his death scene is probably one of the most memorable. Wolfwood spends his final moments reflecting on his life, there's a line of dialogue where he shouts "I did want to die this way!", the reason Wolfwood died is because he began to accept Vash's views and philosophy and in a moment of silence, he realizes this and dies peacefully.

Reactions: Ashkil
Probably FMA Brotherhood
Maes Hughes dying was so huge. I really didn't expect it to happen to probably the best character of the show
Yay! I'm not the only one! This death just hurt and when I was first watching it, it was super unexpected. Such a nice guy too :cry:

The death of Portgas D. Ace and Whitebeard gave me the feels and made me hate Blackbeard. Also, Corazan's death was also sad. So was Lelouch and Jiraiya's.

The death of Portgas D. Ace and Whitebeard gave me the feels and made me hate Blackbeard. Also, Corazan's death was also sad. So was Lelouch and Jiraiya's.
I stopped watching the anime a while back and just read the manga but I love hearing the openings. The opening after this event really gives you the feels.

But did Lelouch really die? I have the same feeling for both him and Spike. Neither died to me

*sigh* Kamina from Gurren Lagann. I really hope this counts. I mean, the guy's been a mainstay throughout season 1, and they had the balls to just up and kill the guy? Barring that, Ieyasu and Sayo from Akame Ga Kill... Okay, scratch that. ANY death from Akame Ga Kill.

*sigh* Kamina from Gurren Lagann. I really hope this counts. I mean, the guy's been a mainstay throughout season 1, and they had the balls to just up and kill the guy? Barring that, Ieyasu and Sayo from Akame Ga Kill... Okay, scratch that. ANY death from Akame Ga Kill.

While that death was crushing since that character was awesome, it really helped push the story and the anime to become even better

While that death was crushing since that character was awesome, it really helped push the story and the anime to become even better

...Touche, Ashkil. Touche.

Reactions: Ashkil
I really did feel Lelouch died because a lot of hate was directed at him and he wanted to erase some hate he saw in the world.

I have to agree with the FMA one. Especially how his death impacted those around him.
In my opinion the saddest death to me would be either Mirai Nikki or Clannad.
For the former it would have to be Yuno's death at the end which left Yuki alone for all eternity after he realized his true feelings for her. For the latter it would have to be Nagisa's and Ushio's death. That just broke me.

Every character from Angel beats and Nagisa

Evangelion
Kaworu's death. Not for me, but for Shinji. After Asuka was in a coma, Rei died, and Toji was sent to the hospital and Kensuke moved away, Shinji didn't have any friends. So Kaworu was Shinji's only friend, so it was very heartbreaking for Shinji to kill his only friend.

You're joking? Right? Sayo and Ieyasu? Your kidding me. You're funny!

Back