Which do you prefer between the 3DS and the 3DS XL?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
I prefer the normal 3ds not the XL because the XL is only bigger and the bigger they are the harder they fall plus i like how the normal 3ds is its small and my hands can operate perfectly on it while the XL i don't find my self comfortable playing with .

I like and would prefer the 3ds XL over the regular 3ds because it has better battery life which is essential to me and I love things that have a big screen because my eyesight isn't too well . It is better than the 3ds but not better than the New 3ds XL . I wonder how people who bought the 3ds XL felt . Well I would better of with the New 3ds XL even if it were to cost a little more I wouldn't mind because the better features the better :D

I will like to have nintendo 3ds xl as it have 90 percent bigger compare to 3ds .longer better life as compared to little 3ds .I am comfortable with my 3ds xl and I love all the functions of it .

I saw my friend's 3ds xl and I myself bought a 3ds xl as the screens were the right size for me. Plus, I read reviews about better battery life and people were really saying that the xl one is better. So, with my experience and reviews combined, I prefer the 3ds xl without doubt

I like the 3ds better than the 3dsxl, because it costs less and I can actually stick it in my pocket. Just imagine trying to wedge an XL into your pocket; you'd have chop your pocket in half and then try to sew it back together again every time you just wanna stick your XL in your pocket. If I have a portable handheld device, then I want it to BE portable.

I got a 3ds XL and I absolutely do not regret spending a bit extra for it. The screens are bigger and clearer, it looks a bit more sleek and it's easier to handle since it's a bit bigger. It's also a bit faster, and well, a bit more of everything. It's much muchier.

I simply can't stand the regular 3DS. I had a 2DS and now I bought myself a New 3DS XL. I'm glad I never needed to use the regular 3DS. It was really uncomfortable. Now, I'm really happy about the larger screens too, although I didn't mind the smaller ones before. It all depends on what you get used to.

Just imagine trying to wedge an XL into your pocket; you'd have chop your pocket in half and then try to sew it back together again every time you just wanna stick your XL in your pocket. If I have a portable handheld device, then I want it to BE portable.
I carry my New3DSXL in my pocket every day, all day with little or no bother whatsoever. I understand how many pockets are very small, but that complaint is decent at best on its own.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to prefer the regular 3Ds. But at the office, while I was working on a 3Ds title, I had to use the 3DS XL for some tests and sort of fell in love with it? so I sold my 3DS and got the 3DS XL. Then got the New 3DS XL.

I prefer the larger screens and the rounder corners of the console. It feels smoother in my hands overall. And since I always have a purse with me, having te regular or XL didn't change a thing on the "hard to carry around" side.

I used to prefer the regular 3Ds. But at the office, while I was working on a 3Ds title, I had to use the 3DS XL for some tests and sort of fell in love with it? so I sold my 3DS and got the 3DS XL. Then got the New 3DS XL.

I prefer the larger screens and the rounder corners of the console. It feels smoother in my hands overall. And since I always have a purse with me, having te regular or XL didn't change a thing on the "hard to carry around" side.
wait... you make 3ds games?o_O

Yeeeees? :eek:

I didn't know! That's awesooooome. My, you must be living the dream:nailbiting: :love: I hope that someday I'll end up getting such a job too. What stuff did you work on?

On 3DS or more generally? The last 3DS title I worked on was Skylanders Trap Team, but I think we are out of the subject =x

As long as you have a pocket big enough to hold the 3ds XL without any problem I don't see much reason not to like the XL more than the smaller one. One of my friends just holds it in his jacket pocket.

I prefer the regular 3ds because I have tiny hands and a larger 3ds is uncomfortable to hold. Mine currently feels comfortable to play, is easy to store almost everywhere, and because I carry around a portable charger, the smaller battery life doesn't matter. I only wish we could get the smaller New 3ds in the States. It has cool interchangable faceplates and a perfect size; I'd buy it day 1!

I prefer the 3DS XL much more than the normal 3DS. After using the XL going back to the normal 3DS is impossible and seeing it now actually hurts my eyes because the screen is so small. My hands are also bigger and it feels more comfortable using the XL.

I have a question for you guys. Which Nintendo gaming device do you prefer between the Nintendo 3DS and the 3DS XL? The 3DS XL is larger, however, it'll cost you a little extra dough.
Funny story because my dad gave me the option to get a 3DS excel. And i thought that you had to but s special bigger cartridge for the excel compared to the norm. So i got the 3DS. Crystalites whose my friend in legit life has a 3ds excel.

Funny story because my dad gave me the option to get a 3DS excel. And i thought that you had to but s special bigger cartridge for the excel compared to the norm. So i got the 3DS. Crystalites whose my friend in legit life has a 3ds excel.
:rotfl: It's called the 3ds XL not excel. :p

Reactions: Viking and Mikaya
I love the glossy finish of the 3DS but I'd definitely go for 3DS XL. Larger screen is the answer!
Now that I have a 3DS XL, when I go back to my original DS, the screens are tiny and I couldn't believe I used to play it for days and nights for nearly 10 years.

Reactions: Viking
XL! Bigger and better! But maybe not built to last longer xP

It feels better in my hands, and it's bigger, and has longer battery life

I like the XL better to be honest. I have bad eyesight, so the big screen makes a better gaming experience for me. The small screens on the normal system require getting my eyes very close to the screen.

Back