Which is the most useless item?

• Thread starter NetProjects
  • Start date
NetProjects

NetProjects

Mangaka jr.
Towns Folk
It doesn't really need to be an item in general. You can tell wich items are useless and in wich part of the game they become useless for each title. (You don't need to mention all the titles)
For example:

On Ocarina of Time: The DekuNut is the most useless, since you can beat the game without really using it.

On Skyward sword: The slingshot since you get the beetle and it's upgrades, and you don't really need it on the rest of the game.

What do you guys think, or what are your opinions? ;)

Navi. Every single game. Link can think for himself dangit.

Reactions: Mikaya
Navi isn't an item though, she's a companion.

And Deku Nuts from Ocarina of Time would be the most useless item. You throw them down on the ground for a flashbang effect that doesn't really work for anything but the Sheikah.

I always feel like the Lens of Truth from Ocarina of Time seemed useless other than the dungeons that it's used in, which are Under the Well, Shadow Temple, and bits of Ganons Tower. You probably won't be using it much after. It would've a bit more interesting if there were some more places that you can benefit from. :p

Reactions: Legends di Angelo and Mikaya
I always feel like the Lens of Truth from Ocarina of Time seemed useless other than the dungeons that it's used in

Well you can somehow beat the temple without using the lens of truth, I thinks there's people that did, so it's even more useless...
XD

It would've a bit more interesting if there were some more places that you can benefit from. :p
It would truly be more interesting, like more chests hidden or things like that.
Hmmm... Is there any golden skultulla that need to be found using the Lens? I didn't get them all so, now I'm wondering...

Hmmm... Is there any golden skultulla that need to be found using the Lens? I didn't get them all so, now I'm wondering...
Maybe, in the Shadow Temple or Under the Well... I don't really know since I never really got all the Skultullas >.<
xD

I think one of the most useless items in Ocarina of Time is the Masks that Young Link can wear. You can beat the game without them and I don't think they serve a very good purpose. Also the Deku Stick is pretty useless too because you only have to use it once and after that you don't need it.

The most useless item... this is really tough, because it's not like there are hundreds of useless zelda items... like the deku nut, (Ocarina of Time) deku stick, (Ocarina of Time) lens of truth, (ocarina of time) slingshot, (Skyward sword) Gust bellows, (skyward sword) boomerang, (take your pick of game, mostly 3d zeldas) all of the masks in Ocarina of Time, (guess which game). But I never, ever used the deku nut once in Oot.

The most useless item is any item you use in a dungeon and never use again. Also Deku nuts are very useful to me because I'm such a noooooooob in Zelda. My only Zelda games are The legend of zelda triforce heroes and the legend of zelda ocarina of time. The legend of zelda ocarina of time was really boring for me but the legend of zelda triforce heroes was very entertaining for me

It doesn't really need to be an item in general. You can tell wich items are useless and in wich part of the game they become useless for each title. (You don't need to mention all the titles)
For example:

On Ocarina of Time: The DekuNut is the most useless, since you can beat the game without really using it.

On Skyward sword: The slingshot since you get the beetle and it's upgrades, and you don't really need it on the rest of the game.

What do you guys think, or what are your opinions? ;)

Btw, this is just triforce heroes, since there are only eight items and each one is supposed to be useful but... THE WATER ROD IS STUPID!!!!!! Honestly, u need it in riverside but THATS IT. Seriously. It's just stupid. Also, if we are talking about all Zelda games then probably the shovel.

Probably Farore's Wind. I never actually used that item in OoT. I guess I've never found the need to return to the start of a dungeon, I'd rather just progress as normal, thanks. I think it's used to escape from tight situations (tough enemies for example) or if you overlooked something. Din's fire is way more better and useful (OP too!). xD

Probably Farore's Wind. I never actually used that item in OoT. I guess I've never found the need to return to the start of a dungeon, I'd rather just progress as normal, thanks. I think it's used to escape from tight situations (tough enemies for example) or if you overlooked something. Din's fire is way more better and useful (OP too!). xD
Yes, 100% agree with this

Yeah, faore's wind was pretty useless. My useless items are the candle from zelda 1: didn't do much damage, no range and can hurt you. Book of magic from zelda 1: it seems to make the rod near useless. And slingshot from twilight princess: as soon as you get the bow, you'll probably never touch it again. Plus, it can't become a sniper rifle like the bow can.

The most useless item... this is really tough, because it's not like there are hundreds of useless zelda items... like the deku nut, (Ocarina of Time) deku stick, (Ocarina of Time) lens of truth, (ocarina of time)
Why and how are deku nuts, deku sticks, and the eye of lens useless BTW?
And the most useless item is the bunny hood in ocarina of time, The other mask are really cool and i love to wear them (also the mask of truth rules) And the bunny hood is just...Meh...Its just a bunny hood and has 0 effect and it doesn't even look to cool.

In Twilight Princess, the Slingshot. You get it, and then the Bow replaces it two dungeons later. Which I liked, because the bow is a lot easier to aim with, mostly 'cause the game was programmed with a stronger gravity force when the slingshot was fired, which makes sense. I also hated the Iron Boots for Ocarina of Time. Because, wherever the Iron Boots were needed, you could be sure a pain-in-the-butt task would follow. *cough cough Water Temple cough* Man, I've been coughing a lot lately.

Rupees. Every game. I mean, you need them to buy tunics and items SOMETIMES (rarely) but besides that you never use them, at least I don't. I mean, you can just go out and find whatever is in the shop 90% of the time by cutting grass. CUTTING GRASS. Also, in OOT, you can get most of the special tunics for free too...
In A Link Between Worlds, they actually are a lot more useful. You need thousands of rupees to buy out all of Ravio's items. After that they basically become obsolete but still, much better Han the previous titles.

Like everyone else says, deku nuts are neither necessary nor useful. Also I think that Magic beans are kind of useless, some people may disagree but as far as I know they were in OOT only and in OOT there are warp songs anyway, soooo. Yea.

In Skyward Sword, Rupoors. They're literally meant to be bad, but hey, the face Link makes when he gets one is priceless XD

Why so much hate for deku nuts: in OoT, they stun enimies, which means a free hit. It also de-electrifies baris, so you can hit them with the sword. And in MM, they're deku link's strongest weapon, though you need a deku flower for that.

Why so much hate for deku nuts: in OoT, they stun enimies, which means a free hit. It also de-electrifies baris, so you can hit them with the sword. And in MM, they're deku link's strongest weapon, though you need a deku flower for that.

To be fair, mostly everyone here does say Deku Nuts from OOT, not MM, and MM only really makes them useful for the first boss fight. Sure, it's a stun item, but it takes up a slot that could easily be used for something else, usually even an item that can stun enemies on it's own already and do much more. (i.e. Boomerang which does stun to large enemies and destroys smaller ones from a distance. Also handy for picking up things. Hookshot does basically the same thing + grab onto wooden surfaces.)

While those both require aiming while Deku Nuts do not, it does allow distance and if done right can be much more useful.

Reactions: Mikaya
They should play the nightmare mod for OoT, then. One of the first major fights in it is a dinofos who has a stun rod instead of sword and you only have deku sticks and nuts. You might not even have a shield at this point because guays are everywhere and do fire damage. You could get the sword first, but then you fight an iron knucle with only the sticks and unable to use the bomb flowers where it is.

In my opinion. I think the Gale boomerang is a pretty worthless item. The only other time you have to use the item outside the first dungen is when you have to prevent the zroo boy from burning alive in the carriage. Besides side quests. Other than those times it worthless.

Back