Which is the most useless item?

• Thread starter NetProjects
  • Start date
OOT sword what you first get in the game :/ most of the time i would hate having it in my inventory because it was so weak compared to the master sword once you've tried the master sword you can never go back. though it being useless isn't true for the start but when you get the master sword it is :(

I think deku nuts is the most useless item. cuz all u do is throw it on the ground and has a flash back. Its stupid for it to be an item. It really never helps in any Zelda game. Hardly ever used! Its only necessary to use them once in every Zelda game. They should really add guns but that would too violent. U know all that blood and gore, it would get an "E" for Everyone rating by the ESRB so Nintendo wants keep that "E" rating.

I'd say the Dominion Rod from Twilight Princess. Sure it was useful (and pretty fun) in the dungeon you get it from (Temple of Time) but after that there were very few circumstances that it was even a necessary item. Heck, it even becomes an absolutely useless stick for a while.

Deku nuts are far more useful than you think: fight a dinofos that has increased health and a stun rod with only 3 hearts and deku sticks and no hylian shield, then tell me they're useless. Guns wouldn't fit in the games except maybe flintlock pistols if even that.

I think the telescope in WW(HD) is pretty useless. You only need to use it ONCE in the whole story, then after that, it just is kind of... there in your item bag

i would say the meat on a bone from the first LoZ i didnt really do mutch

Deminon Rod Twilight Princess. You use it for the one dungon and then poof never to be used again only taking up space.
Other than that the horse call in Twilight Princess there is literally horse grass everywhere you don't need the call. Twilight Princess just has alot of useless items in it.

Thinking about it more the spinner also from twilight princess. Same thing as before you use for one temple then poof never again. Twilight princess why do you have so many useless items. This is number 3 on just me alone, not with all these other people.

Cane of Somaria in OoA. Apart from mandatory puzzle solving it's usefulness is in every way outmatched by other weapons and tools. "Create a block to shield yourself from enemies and push them"? Simply use a shield...

Hint glasses from Link Between Worlds. Never used it, and I doubt anyone here has. Its basically a walkthrough with a cooldown. Honestly, if I wanted to get tips, I would just look it up. Its way faster.

Although, if it were counted, the original sword we get in LbW, is really bad. Doesn't oneshot ANYTHING except birds, doesn't have the projectile attack at full health, and once we get the Master Sword, we quickly forget about it. Not really a complaint, since that's the point of the Master Sword, but its still a forgettable weapon, so it counts.

Y so much Deku Nut h8 ;-;

Deku Nuts rip Stalfos (AKA, one of the strongest common enemies in the game, with attacks that cost 2 hearts worth of damage, and shields that make it tough to get many hits in) apart, you can stun-lock them easily.

That said, IMO the most useless item in the series consistently is none other than the Slingshot. Excluding child!Link in OoT. It will ALWAYS be outshone by everything else and their dog.

It doesn't really need to be an item in general. You can tell wich items are useless and in wich part of the game they become useless for each title. (You don't need to mention all the titles)
For example:

On Ocarina of Time: The DekuNut is the most useless, since you can beat the game without really using it.

On Skyward sword: The slingshot since you get the beetle and it's upgrades, and you don't really need it on the rest of the game.

What do you guys think, or what are your opinions? ;)
i would say the bomerang for ocarina of time its only use it to get the spider tokens and jabu jabus belly. its useless in combat.

In my opinion, the most useless item is the grappling hook in Wind Waker. After Dragon Roost island, it really becomes little more than a gimmick of sorts that may solve the occasional puzzle or provide access to maybe four or five areas, that is, until you get the hookshot...

Back