Which Monster Hunter game should I start with?

• Thread starter TvSonic Serbia
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TvSonic Serbia

AC:NL - The Villager
Towns Folk
I always wanted to start playing monster hunter,but Im not sure which game should I start with,I have a PS2,PSP,Wii and a 3DS so I guess i can play all of them,but which one is best for starters?
Im sorry if this is on a wrong place,if it is I will delete it

I personally think you should start with MHP3rd as it feels slightly easier than the rest. But 3U is also a nice place to start :)

However you would need an English patch of the game if you are going with P3rd

Reactions: D4rkDragon
MH4U is coming out and many of us could help you with it, so try that one, but if you want one immediately, MH3U is a good choice.

Reactions: TvSonic Serbia
I personally think you should start with MHP3rd as it feels slightly easier than the rest. But 3U is also a nice place to start :)

However you would need an English patch of the game if you are going with P3rd
Its ok,I have a modded PSP

I had the same question you have. I started playing monster hunter tri, the wii version of the game, It was a good beginning but If you already have the 3ds you can easily drop into the mh3u which is kind of the same game as that of the wii one with the addition of more weapons, more monsters, more items and more hunting zones. This latter does not mean the game is more difficult. I started that way and quickly wanted to experience the game on my 3ds.

Well, it depends. I know that the 3DS and the PSP aren't really related when it comes to controls, but start with either Freedom Unite or Portable 3 (MHP3rd). Those are really complete when it comes to content, have lots of quests, and should last a while. They also have downloadable quests too! However, there is one, big flaw with those games: No online multiplayer, where MH3 on the Wii had a online multiplayer mode (notice the "had", because Capcom closed the MH servers in order to make them ready for MH3U/MH4/MH4G/MH4U)

Well, it depends. I know that the 3DS and the PSP aren't really related when it comes to controls, but start with either Freedom Unite or Portable 3 (MHP3rd). Those are really complete when it comes to content, have lots of quests, and should last a while. They also have downloadable quests too! However, there is one, big flaw with those games: No online multiplayer, where MH3 on the Wii had a online multiplayer mode (notice the "had", because Capcom closed the MH servers in order to make them ready for MH3U/MH4/MH4G/MH4U)
*cough*there are ways to get online mode in those games*cough* but i doubt many people will be on them

iirc P3rd had online mode...
or maybe I'm thinking of the PS3 re-release xD

iirc P3rd had online mode...
or maybe I'm thinking of the PS3 re-release xD

Yes, only the PS3 version had an online mode. I have the PSP version, and I can tell you it has no online mode unless you set up an external program on both the console and your PC :whistle:
Still, it's a missed opportunity, it would have been great to have an online mode on the PSP version, it could have been fun.

You should most defiantly start with monster hunter 3 ultimate you get one weapont of every class and you start with leather armor that makes your weapon break not as often makes your collect more stuff and a lot faster

I think you should start with the new one that is coming out MHU4 which has good graphics and gameplay and also explains the controls and what to do when playing throughout the game plus it is the best MHU game yet and to me you should always chose the newest game to play of a series of games if your a beginner.

People have been saying MH4U has a nice tutorial for beginners.

People have been saying MH4U has a nice tutorial for beginners.
Well I was a beginner of Monster Hunter when I played the demo but it helped he understand what you had to do and how to use your weapons and how to take them monsters now I am a pro.

Well I was a beginner of Monster Hunter when I played the demo but it helped he understand what you had to do and how to use your weapons and how to take them monsters now I am a pro.
Tell me that when you fight Diablos for the first time :p

Tell me that when you fight Diablos for the first time :p
is diablos in the MHU4 demo?

is diablos in the MHU4 demo?
No, actually, wait until you fight BLACK Diablos in the actual game *crawls into fetal position and cries from memories*

Reactions: PsycheTrance
No, actually, wait until you fight BLACK Diablos in the actual game *crawls into fetal position and cries from memories*
Oh god that guy is such a nightmare for someone used to a slow weapon like the GS *shudders*

Oh god that guy is such a nightmare for someone used to a slow weapon like the GS *shudders*
She (all Black Diablos are female :p) is a nightmare for any weapon D:

I would start with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate because it's both accessible and pretty recent. It will also get you used to the 3DS controls so that when MH4U comes around, you'll be ready for the hunt!

Also, MH3U was my first game and I absolutely loved it :D

I don't know if you still need help with this, as quite a few people have voiced their opinions already, but I'd say Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate or 4 would be a nice place to start. For financial reasons, I'd say start with 3U. You could get it for as low as $7 on 3ds some places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back