Which Paper Mario game is your favorite?

• Thread starter TheIceReaper
  • Start date
TheIceReaper

TheIceReaper

King of the Pirates
Towns Folk
With the new Paper Mario game of "Paper Mario Paper Jam" getting released, we're getting a new addition to the "Paper Mario" series, in my honest opinion, this new game isn't matching my liking at all, it just seems so bland and unfitting with the paper Mario games, it's just lacking that "Oh damn!" which we got from the other paper Mario games (Discluding PM:SS) , however, I am interested to see what your opinions are for the Paper Mario series, if I had to make a list and give reasons for which Paper Mario games I like best in which order it would go like this:

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year door:
-Beautiful Story
-Best Mechanics
-Longest
-Most interesting and diverse partners
-^All Partners have their own story and part in the game
-Plot Twists
-Fighting mechanics are sick
-In game music
-A lot of after story stuff to do: (Recipes, tattle log, badges, shine sprites)

Paper Mario:
-Good Story
-Similar mechanics to PM:TTYD
-Characters were somewhat diverse and looked into
-Good music
-Quite a few after story missions to do
-Final boss was awesome

Super Paper Mario:
-Best music
-Introduced new (Not best), fighting and game play
-Plot twists
-Had MANY after story missions (Two pit of 100 trials and Chinese 100 royal/cards)
-Partners were kind of dull and lacking story and intuition (Besides the starting one)
-Great Final Boss

Paper Mario Sticker Star:

-Introduced new mechanic (Terrible)
-Took away many key features the last Paper Mario's had
-Terrible music
-Dull Final boss
-Close to zero after story missions

Paper Mario: Paper Jam:
-N/A

Therefore in my opinion I would rank the Paper Mario's:

1.Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
2.Paper Mario
3.Super Paper Mario
4.Paper Mario: Sticker Star
5.Paper Mario: Paper Jam

(-You don't need to give as much detail and reasoning as I did, just a simple list would do-)
paper_mario_wallpaper_attempt_by_randyadr-d4z9jry.jpg

Is Paper Mario considered as part of the Paper Mario series? I always thought it was a part of the Mario and Luigi series with a Paper Mario crossover xp.

But either way I still go with TTYD for the reasons mentioned above xD

Is Paper Mario considered as part of the Paper Mario series? I always thought it was a part of the Mario and Luigi series with a Paper Mario crossover xp.

But either way I still go with TTYD for the reasons mentioned above xD
I'm 95% sure that Paper Mario: Paper Jam goes under the category of the Paper Mario series, but the "Mario and Luigi" series as well, since it has both in the title and it kind of involves the Paper Mario story line in some ways as well, most of which annoyed me off e.e, but great decision nonetheless, I still might be wrong about the whole entire this being part of the paper Mario series thing, but the way I look at it, pretty sure it is, though personally it couldn't bother me anyways looking at how it's at the bottom of my list XD

I'm 95% sure that Paper Mario: Paper Jam goes under the category of the Paper Mario series, but the "Mario and Luigi" series as well, since it has both in the title and it kind of involves the Paper Mario story line in some ways as well, most of which p***** me off e.e, but great decision nonetheless, I still might be wrong about the whole entire this being part of the paper Mario series thing, but the way I look at it, pretty sure it is, though personally it couldn't bother me anyways looking at how it's at the bottom of my list XD
I give it some value though. I would at least have it above Sticker Star imo, I dunno if I really find much in that game :panda:

Paper mario the thousands year door now I like all the paper mario games they touch my experience in a way each one it's just that the thousand year door stands out to me each chapter has a different concept like all other paper mario games I like how battle take place on a stage like it's telling a story especially scene it is based of the legend in rogue port the and that each chapter has three parts mario peach bowser so that your not playing as mario all the time but when it switched to peach or bowser it brings its own hummer and what's happening here as well easter eggs you find are pretty clever to and the music is good as well

I have heard TYD is amazing but I haven't played it, the best one i've played was SPM it is my favorite Paper Mario game and has been for quite a few years (In between 4-5) but my second would have to be Sticker Star, i've heard many bad reviews on this game and I still don't know why to this day.

Oh, mine would definitely be paper mario a thousand year door, and the first ever one for Nintendo 64 of course! The Nintendo 64 was the start of something really great, as I further progressed in the game I began to love it more. The GC Paper mario is amazing! Better than the classic which I didn't think would be possible after playing it, I also have some very fond memories of it.

Mine is Super Paper Mario, I absolutely LOVED the story ;-;

Sure, the gameplay was kinda eh but, the plot and characters more than make up for it

TTYD! Amazing partners, intriguing story, hard bosses, fun chapters, it was a perfect game!

I also liked Super Paper Mario, it was the one I got farthest in, and the final bosses where really fun!

I'm okay with the original, it just gives me headaches due to it's graphics and fonts....

TTYD
Super Paper Mario
Paper Mario
Sticker Star

I haven't played Paper Jam yet though.

With the new Paper Mario game of "Paper Mario Paper Jam" getting released, we're getting a new addition to the "Paper Mario" series, in my honest opinion, this new game isn't matching my liking at all, it just seems so bland and unfitting with the paper Mario games, it's just lacking that "Oh damn!" which we got from the other paper Mario games (Discluding PM:SS) , however, I am interested to see what your opinions are for the Paper Mario series, if I had to make a list and give reasons for which Paper Mario games I like best in which order it would go like this:

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year door:
-Beautiful Story
-Best Mechanics
-Longest
-Most interesting and diverse partners
-^All Partners have their own story and part in the game
-Plot Twists
-Fighting mechanics are sick
-In game music
-A lot of after story stuff to do: (Recipes, tattle log, badges, shine sprites)

Paper Mario:
-Good Story
-Similar mechanics to PM:TTYD
-Characters were somewhat diverse and looked into
-Good music
-Quite a few after story missions to do
-Final boss was awesome

Super Paper Mario:
-Best music
-Introduced new (Not best), fighting and game play
-Plot twists
-Had MANY after story missions (Two pit of 100 trials and Chinese 100 royal/cards)
-Partners were kind of dull and lacking story and intuition (Besides the starting one)
-Great Final Boss

Paper Mario Sticker Star:

-Introduced new mechanic (Terrible)
-Took away many key features the last Paper Mario's had
-Terrible music
-Dull Final boss
-Close to zero after story missions

Paper Mario: Paper Jam:
-N/A

Therefore in my opinion I would rank the Paper Mario's:

1.Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
2.Paper Mario
3.Super Paper Mario
4.Paper Mario: Sticker Star
5.Paper Mario: Paper Jam

(-You don't need to give as much detail and reasoning as I did, just a simple list would do-)
paper_mario_wallpaper_attempt_by_randyadr-d4z9jry.jpg

TTYD is easily my favourite of them all, and SPM being second place

Also, does Paper Jam count as a Paper Mario game? it is more of a M&l game (mostly for the battle system and... you know.. the name of the game)

I've only played two of the Paper Mario games. Super Paper Mario at a friends and Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door. Both play entirely different but I'd say Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door was better because it had both platforming and RPG aspects. It included platforming you'd see in the VB Wario Land/Mutant Mudds (where you move between the background and foreground) and interesting paper techniques for going to new areas. I doubt that SPM had outfits where you can change Mario's color scheme.

Without a doubt, 100% chosing Paper Mario: The Tjousand Year Door. It has the most complete and diverse features, it took everything that was good from the original Paper Mario and made it x100000 better. A lot of people seem to hate on it because it has a lot of backtracking, so what? Have you ever seen an RPG without backtrackig at all? Of course, Chapter 7's is just something that nobody (not even me) can forgive, going around half of the previously visited arwas just to loop back at the beginning is just pointless, that it's pretty much my only complaint on the game. I really liked the improved Badge system of all things, it really lets you mold the experience they way you want to play it, be it making it extremely easy, insanely difficult or do some whacky stuff! :p (like my current Hammerman run, I can only use the Hammer because of that badge)

Definitely The Thousand Year Door. The Thousand Year Door is Paper Mario with a thousand hugs lol. The Thousand Year Door is REALLY good.Now I haven't played it but from YT experience it's really good.I really loved the partners of the game as they were more unique than the rest of the series' partners.

I got to say that the original Paper Mario from the Nintendo 64 is my personal favorite of the bunch.The things I like from it include the gameplay,which is frantic and fun;the writting,with genius and hilarious moments placed all around;the music,that is pretty catchy,and lots of other stuff.I admit I haven't really finished it yet,but witnessing and going through all that I've seen so far as pretty much left me enjoying the journey almost all the way through. :)
The other one I have really played was Sticker Star,and I didn't touch it for some time,so I can't express my opinion at it now.Though,I have to question why basic stuff like Mario's jumping and hammer are blocked through stickers in it.I mean,these are crucial parts of Paper Mario's moveset,so it doesn't make a lot of sense for me.

I really like super paper mario. I think that this is the best paper mario game of what I have played. I really like the 2D and 3D thing and how you only had a limited amount of time to do it. Another thing that I really liked is that after the story was over you could go back and collect maps, recipes and other treasures you had missed during the main story.

I have only played 3(Original, Super, and sticker star.)

The N64 original. TTYD is a lot of wonders and improvements for the Paper Mario franchise and it love it with all my heart but, to me, nothing will beat the experience I had with the original. I must have gone through that game at least like 50 times and I never get tired of it. The look, the environments, the music, the gameplay, everything just clicks and is absolutely wonderful. Like it a little bit more than the original. The original does some things better than TTYD, and vice versa. I played TTYD first on my GameCube, and then PM64 on the Virtual Console. The fact that the original kept me strongly engaged throughout my playthrough is a testament to how well it holds up today.

My favorite Paper Mario is the original on the N64, as it was the first one I played. It has pretty good music, a massive overworld, and many memorable characters and helpers. It had a great battle system, a wonderful story, and, above all, was just a lot of fun to play and complete.

My favorite Paper Mario Game is... Super Paper Mario for the Wii. I loved the story and the way to change from 2D to 3D. The music in the game was also really cool.

Well, I guess this doesn't really count, seeing as this the first and only Paper Mario game I ever played! But SPM is a great game i can tell you that!

Reactions: luigiFTW
Mine is super papermario . Any one else feel like sticker star just needed a good story and could have done fine with a different combat system, like super paper mario did?

Mine is super papermario . Any one else feel like sticker star just needed a good story and could have done fine with a different combat system, like super paper mario did?

Supet Paper Mario was a really well made game. I've watched videos of Sticker Star and noticed that its just a bit worse than Super Paper Mario.

Back