Who ACTUALLY plays with 3D on?

• Thread starter Linkzg109
  • Start date
Linkzg109

Linkzg109

Hero of Termina
Towns Folk
I do. I love it. It's my favorite feature of the 3DS. But none of my friends do. They say I am weird for playing the system how it was supposed to be played. So does anyone actually play with the 3D on?

When I only had my 3DS XL, I always kept the 3D off. Mostly because you have to be as stiff as a frozen diamond to keep the 3D working all the time, which is annoying.

Now that I also have a New 3DS XL, I put the 3D on more often :D

Basically, all the games that I can't play on the New 3DS XL (like MH4U, MH3U, OoT, MM, all of them kind of need a Circle Pad Pro (and don't get me started on the stick on the New 3DS...)) are played on my 3DS XL without 3D, and the rest is played on my New 3DS XL with 3D on ^^

When i played through the story of omega ruby i had it on all the time, but now i ussually don't because of the already low battery life, and while i these days often play while charging i just forget about it,or don't seem to always need/want it. But when battery doesn't matter and first time playing a game i'll use it :)

I really like 3d mode, I play it everyday with 3d on, If I had a new 3ds I would really love the new 3d, But I got a 3ds xl Mario and luigi limited edition 3ds, So I'm happy.

I use to play with it on. But something happened to the switch so now even if I switch it off, it's still on. For that reason, I had to restrict it with Parental Controls. Only when I'm in the mode to play a game with the 3D on do I enable it. Although, it would be nice if you could switch between the option during the game instead of having to close it and enable the 3D effect. I do think that when I have N3DS, I will have it on more often because the head-tracking feature will make the 3D effect less of a strain on my head.

I almost never use the 3D while playing a game. I might turn the 3D switch all the way up for a while to see how the 3D effect is, but it doesn't really matter to me. In almost every game it just gives you a 'window' effect at best; most games don't actually use the pop-out effect.

I enjoy the feature when I'm playing something exciting.
  1. Light titles like Tomodachi Life, I keep it off.
  2. Tetris Axis, I use when I'm in a good mood. (The Camera Adjust feature in that game in interesting.)
  3. Fighting games, unless they keep an interesting perspective or great cinema, I ignore.
  4. KI:U and SF3D, I must use! (But for even their boring menus, I turn it down.)
3D gaming was a dream of mine. I'm pretty glad somebody made it real.

I use it quite often on any game which uses the 3D Effect. The only times I don't use it is when the 3D Effect isn't all that good in the game, whenever I want to preserve my battery life, or when I'm playing games which don't use the top screen often like puzzle games, etc.

I only put it on when there are cutscenes. I think those moments are made for 3D-ness. It really brings out the full potential of the 3DS. They tend to be short, so enjoy them whilst you can! :p

In general gameplay, I put it off, because I think it will damage my eyesight further (I already am shortsighted). I used to have the 3D depth on full, throughout playing a game a few years back. That was very bad. >.<

I always play with my 3D mode on... I have the Retro 3DS XL so I don't have the new version. The only time I turn it off is when I want to show my kids something (we're a nintendo family, all 5 of us have DS's but they have 2DS's). I also have a 3D TV and buy most of my movies in 3D so I'm all in on 3D....

I play with it on when I'm in a decently light room. I have glasses so it may be hard for the system to find my eyes.

Reactions: JediCruz
I play with it on when I'm in a decently light room. I have glasses so it may be hard for the system to find my eyes.
Are you referring to the New 3DS? I have glasses too & I was thinking about buying for the reason of the better 3D experience. If that causes issues then I might stick to my current one for now. Of course I could always stop being lazy & start wearing my contacts more often

I have the New 3ds. The face tracking is okay when your glasses and the screen/sensor are clean.

Reactions: JediCruz
I usually play it with 3D on. In titles likke Super Mario 3D land, I keep it on all the time cuz its essential! In Pokemon and Super smash Bros, I usually keep it off cuz the 3d isn't that good, especiallyin Pokemon. In Animal Crossing New Leaf, I play with 3d on cuz I like the 3d in that game!

Well, I've had the New 3DS (small one) for several days now & I can definitely say the face tracking makes the 3D work way better. Maybe it's just me, but the smaller screen makes for a better 3D experience. Not going back for sure.

I switch the 3D on sometimes

I might get a New 3DS for Christmas

I have gotten the new 3ds yesterday to try out, boy my friends are awesome! The 3d is less blurry but trust me, it does not help at all. It still hurts my eyes and feels weird. I am glad I did not buy it. I never turn on the 3d, if I do, it is for 10 minutes. The 3d is terrible, it looks cool but hurts my eyes. I think the next nintendo handheld should have hd!(at least 720p). I simply hate the 3d, nor will I ever turn it on. If I do, it is on the lowest setting

While the sole point of buying a 3DS was the 3D setting, however I and most of my friends found the 3D setting a bit of a disappointment. Pretty much any time you tilted the screen in the slightest, the 3D effect would diminish and the screen would go blurry. However, in the new 'New 3DS' the 3D setting is much, much better and the screen will not blur as much

i try playing some games on 3D, but since i have the og 3ds xl, its harder to keep the 3d looking good. if i cannot get the 3d to look right, i just turn off the 3d effect. i know the new 3ds has the good 3d tracking, which makes it easier to play games in 3d.

I Hardly play with 3d, people can hardly watch you play and it requires a lot of concentration to see the images properly.
I would take a 2DS if it didn't have that ugly Flat plane shape

Back