Who else wants a pet on Animal Crossing New Leaf

• Thread starter DrMoo101
  • Start date
DrMoo101

DrMoo101

I'm Not A Pikachu
Towns Folk
I was playing on Animal Crossing New Leaf and thought it would be cool to have a pet. I know you can put bugs and fish in your house but it would be cool to have a cat or a dog that you can name and walk around and stuff.

I was wondering who else thought that this was a good idea and wishes that you could have pets.

I think that it would be really really strange if you could. As most of the people in that world are animals some are even dogs or cats, if you had one captive in your house what would your villagers think?....

Reactions: Marc
Despite the idea being cute I think the neighbors wouldn't take to it lightly. Kinda like a dog owning a human in a human world. Maybe if the pets were Nintendo themed pets like a Yoshi or a Pikachu maybe even Kirby posse Pikmin. But we can name them.

Reactions: 3823
It'd be quite weird to be honest with you, Since your village is full of animals, But what @Jeff The Killer said is a really good idea! Being able to have Kirby pikachu yoshi and other Nintendo creatures would be quite cool! And maybe even each could have its own ability...Pikmin would also be awesome for them to follow you around as you go on adventures!

As people have already said that would be a bit strange xD

I like the idea of nintendo themed pets though :3 It'd be fun to walk your yoshi and watch it eat all the fruit in town ^^ and then spit juice everywhere

Despite the idea being cute I think the neighbors wouldn't take to it lightly. Kinda like a dog owning a human in a human world. Maybe if the pets were Nintendo themed pets like a Yoshi or a Pikachu maybe even Kirby posse Pikmin. But we can name them.

Yea i didnt relly think about how it would be weird but the Idea of having a pet Pikachu or a yoshi sounds alot cooler.

Don't worry about it sounding weird, when I first played animal crossing I wanted pet too :)

It'd be quite weird to be honest with you, Since your village is full of animals, But what @Jeff The Killer said is a really good idea! Being able to have Kirby pikachu yoshi and other Nintendo creatures would be quite cool! And maybe even each could have its own ability...Pikmin would also be awesome for them to follow you around as you go on adventures!

Yeah, I could see why it would be weird, but you know, the game lies to us. First there's a catchable frog within the game and now there are frog villagers. FROGCEPTION! What I want to know is what would happen if you give someone like Jeremiah a frog or a tadpole.

But yeah, I'd want the ability to gain pets, be it real or Nintendo content. I'd want to be able to get animals that haven't been made into villagers such as pumas, ferrets, snakes, and very unlikely, dinosaurs somehow. I'd also want them to install some kind of system that allows you to link all the fish in your house into one aquarium or release the insects inside your house and such.

Well, pets are cool, but if you got one, where would you put it? Can you interact with it properly? Can you feed it? It's just too much. I think New Leaf is good just the way it is. Pet-free. I also think that if you got a pet, most likely you won't get to interact with it. For example, if you got a cat, I bet it would be just lying down the whole entire day (No offense, cat lovers).

I think this would be an interesting idea!
I used to have a villager named Bangle, she was my favorite!
When she moved out, I was devastated! I had already kept her from moving multiple times before!
But, she's gone now... *sniffle* *sniffle*
Every once in a while, I see her walking around the shopping section in the northern part of town.
If pets were a thing, I could just sneak up behind her, and then, BAM! Collar and leash. My own pet tiger! (I think Bangle is a tiger) I could take her home and I could keep her there forever!
Mwhahahahahhaha!

it would be kind of weird since every other character in ACNL is an animal, including a few cats and dogs, but It's a neat concept none the less.

Everyone's an animal, it would be very strange! But keeping the animals in your town captive would be really fun! I agree with Pacey about having Nintendo themed pets, maybe amiibo compatibility? Pet Bowser could be very interesting.... have him spew fire on your most hated villagers would be a joy!

As everyone has already said it, it would be really weird if we had pet Animals. :panda: Having pets would be nice tho. But, I agree with Pacey. :D We should have different characters from Nintendo games as pets, except for humans of course. Imagine making Kirby eat all your useless random items other than selling them, and making Kirby catch fish by simply inhaling it and not swallowing and finally, having Kirby gobble up all of the villagers... :)

Jkjk, that last part was too creepy, lol. >.<)/

So what pets are we suppose to have. Dogs but there are sog citizens AND CATS TOO. Technically there are pets, fish and bugs. You can have a shark in your room or a stink bug. BUT what if nintendo added characters like bowser and kirby like the people on top of me said ^^^^^^^^^

I don't, I mean all of your villager friends are animals. I have no idea what they would think of you when they find out your having a puppy in your bedroom. I mean, that's best fitted for the Harvest Moon franchise in my opinion, even though that's already a thing in some games, but eh.

Wait, our villagers and our pets the exact same species :eek:!

This is why having a pet wouldn't be so cool in Animal crossing. It suits other franchises more than it does in Animal Crossing. As pacey said above, having characters such as Pikachu would be cool, but not animals.

I think a pet would be a cute idea. I would love to have a small house cat that I could see laying on the rug as I come in to my house . Maybe have pet furniture too so the pets can have places to sleep or maybe even a pet room. Also pet items like little bows or something to make your pet look cute , maybe even where you can take your pet on walks in your town and it interact with things around town and the other villagers. It would be so cute.

As people have already said that would be a bit strange xD

I like the idea of nintendo themed pets though :3 It'd be fun to walk your yoshi and watch it eat all the fruit in town ^^ and then spit juice everywhere
Themed pets would be a awesome idea!
Maybe pets could be a DLC for ACNL?
I would love having a Yoshi (It would eat my least favourite villager :p kekekekeke)

Reactions: Gary Johnson
I think that it would be really really strange if you could. As most of the people in that world are animals some are even dogs or cats, if you had one captive in your house what would your villagers think?....
^ This.

I consider inspects as pets when you display them in your house :panda:

I think it would be weird , since as everyone above explained above the AC world is full of animals.

BUT if you could have species that aren't seen too much on the game (Turtles *?* , Foxes, etc.) that would be cool :O
if you could have pokemon or other characters as pets , that would be a good some-what of crossover too!

Back