Gen 1 Who is gonna buy Pokemon Yellow (VC)

• Thread starter Pookie
  • Start date
Pookie

Pookie

Doubles <3
Banned User
As the title says, who is gonna buy Pokemon Yellow on the virtual console for the 3ds eShop? I am so excited so of course I am gonna buy it lol. Is there any others who are gonna buy it? There is gonna be an online mode for the trio too. The release is Feb 27th.

I'm going to be buying all three of them but if anything I'll probably only be playing Pokemon Blue. I don't know what it is about Yellow but I never liked how Pikachu was your starter and how it tried to be too much like the anime, which admittedly is the entire point of it. Still, I may give it a go now seeing as I'll have a proper cart to play it on.

I'm going to be buying all three of them but if anything I'll probably only be playing Pokemon Blue. I don't know what it is about Yellow but I never liked how Pikachu was your starter and how it tried to be too much like the anime, which admittedly is the entire point of it. Still, I may give it a go now seeing as I'll have a proper cart to play it on.
I want them both too lol.

I will probably buy all of them or at least try to I am saving most of my SD card for Pokemon x

I should have enough space in my 3DS SD card. I might just buy PKMN Red or PKMN Blue.
As you can just get pikachu in Viridian Forest if I'm not mistaken.

I'm gonna get Yellow, because I love Pikachu and I love having the Pokémon walk with me. I can't wait for their re-release (of course if I have enough space I'll get Red also :D)

I'm getting Yellow, besides the few Team Rocket appearances and Pikachu being the starter there isn't that much of a difference between it and Red/Blue, plus, more Pokémon are available and you can get all 3 starters without trading.

I think I have played the old ones to death on emulators, so I'm not sure what benefit I would gain from buying them again.

I think I have played the old ones to death on emulators, so I'm not sure what benefit I would gain from buying them again.
Well, you get to play it on a console and these versions will be enhanced to have local wireless multiplayer. Also, there will be a way to obtain Mew legitimately (don't know exactly how though)

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
Emulator yellow is nothing compared to the original. It ruined the yellow experience for me when I tried the emu.

Emulator yellow is nothing compared to the original. It ruined the yellow experience for me when I tried the emu.

How so?

It's just not the same, sure it's kinda fun but the nostalgia man.

Well, you get to play it on a console and these versions will be enhanced to have local wireless multiplayer. Also, there will be a way to obtain Mew legitimately (don't know exactly how though)

Was the Gameboy not counted as a console? And you can get a Mew legitimately right now. In my opinion, now that a lot of the first gen Pokemon can be caught in the 6th gen games, it makes re-releasing the old games with a bit of updated MP stuff a little redundant. But that is just me.

It's just not the same, sure it's kinda fun but the nostalgia man.
Fair enough. I can get behind a bit of nostalgia.

Was the Gameboy not counted as a console? And you can get a Mew legitimately right now. In my opinion, now that a lot of the first gen Pokemon can be caught in the 6th gen games, it makes re-releasing the old games with a bit of updated MP stuff a little redundant. But that is just me.
What I meant is for people that don't own the games already. There are also games that have died to internal battery issues and this will never happen to the VC versions.
The Mew for RBY is not the Mew for Gen VI, you cannot transfer Pokémon from Gen I games to Gen VI or the other way around, they're completely separate events.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
I think he is talking about the mew glitch from gen 1 (The only way to get mew in gen 1 was the new glitch that isn't a glitch but a secret in the game)

I think he is talking about the mew glitch from gen 1 (The only way to get mew in gen 1 was the new glitch that isn't a glitch but a secret in the game)
Through a glitch, that furthers my point. It's an exploit, illegitimate. While the end result is practically the same, it's just less of a hassle and doesn't mess with the game. We also don't know if they'll be patching glitches yet.

What I meant is for people that don't own the games already. There are also games that have died to internal battery issues and this will never happen to the VC versions.
The Mew for RBY is not the Mew for Gen VI, you cannot transfer Pokémon from Gen I games to Gen VI or the other way around, they're completely separate events.

Got it. That makes sense.

Through a glitch, that furthers my point. It's an exploit, illegitimate. While the end result is practically the same, it's just less of a hassle and doesn't mess with the game. We also don't know if they'll be patching glitches yet.
True but if I ,ant get new my nostalgia bar goes down ;~;

You can't go stating it to be a glitch and then say it's actually a secret in the game. Mew is a secret Pokemon that even most of the Game Freak developers didn't know about to be sure, but the actual official method of getting it is long past. Using a glitch is the only way to get Mew now in Gen I as such, and was in no way intended to be the method to catch it.

That being said I really do hope Game Freak does give us an event Mew for the VC titles like they are doing for Japan.

Back