Mario Kart Who wants to help remake Mario Kart 64 in HD!?

• Thread starter Harold1995
  • Start date
Harold1995

Harold1995

~Stardawn~
Towns Folk
Mario Kart 64 HD Fan Remake 'Non-Profit.'
Unreal Engine 4~

So, I was thinking, A Mario Kart 64 remake in HD? Why not!~
Since they are already remaking a Super Mario 64 HD fan project!
I started working on this myself but i did not get further then the half finished design of the title screen..

I would love to work further on it unfortunately i don't have the required skillz to pull this all of by myself :(
So i wondered,... Plenty of people love Mario Kart 64 right? Right!?
Turns out alot did! Horay!

Anyway
getting to the point, I would love to ask if people want to help me, and not only me but yourself if you are a MK64 lover!, There is much to be done! but the more awesome people help, the better and faster its getting done~

We do it as a team, Because Come on.... Who doesn't like one of your favorite games turn into a beautiful HD Remake! Made partly by YOU! :D

In this spoiler are some ideas to start with and some more information, Please take your time to read it and tell me if you want to make something thats on there or not~

What we love too see in the final product:
Lots of custom Karts, Bikes, & Gliders!
Same controls as in 64
Beautiful
Map remakes~
More characters,
Extra Levels 'Retro Tracks'
Online mode,
Mario Kart 8 Items, +more
Coins
Split-screen
4-Players
High Graphics, +The Settings for them
HD Audio, +Settings
Cool Music & Sound effects remakes'
Mario Kart 8 mixed with remake of MK64 'Physics?'
Anti Gravity,
Anti Gravity customizing on maps~
Underwater 'Flooded Parts'
Glider 'Ramps & More'
Support for low end computers, But high end ones get high graphics, ect-..
The less coins, The slower lakitu saves you!
Double Dash Mode~
Toggable rear view window?

We need:
Contributors!~
3D Editors,
Artists 'For the maps, Karts, Bikes, Gliders, Characters, +all that is 3D!'
Coders 'To basically code the game and put it together'
Musicians 'Remasters of the songs, & Sound effects'
Texture Artists 'physically based rendering, All the textures and designs in the game~'
Animators 'For Characters, Items, and for some 3D models to be animated'
Imaginators~ 'We need refreshing new idea's to make this even better!!~'

Items:

Banana
3 Banana's
6 Banana's!~
Green Shell
3 Green Shells
Red Shell
3 Red Shells
Reverse Shell,
'Same as red one but aims for the player behind you.'
3 Reverse Shells 'Overpowered?'
Blue Shell
Bomb Omb
Fake Item box
Mushroom
3 Mushrooms
Golden Mushroom
Coin
3 Coins
'Cause' why not!'
Bullet Bill
Squid,
'Does same effect, But it makes it harder to control due to slipping on the ink'
Fire Flower
Ice Flower
'When you hit someone it freezes em, 'Makes him go slower for abit'
Vine Flower 'Whips someone with a vine~'
Super Star
Lightning
Lucky 64
'Has those random items like the lucky 7 & 8
Super Horn 'when you use the super horn it would sound like you blew out your speakers on your PC for a short period of time'
Piranha Plant 'Alt, Drops a one-use plant behind you to eat other players'
Boomerang
Tanooky Tail
GIant Mushroom
Thunder Cloud
POW Block
Chain Chomp
Metal Cap,
'Makes you slower, But imune for as long as it lasts'
Feather Cap, 'Makes you faster, but an easy pushover! lose more coins too'
Boo, 'Steals Items, Makes you invisible'
Thwomp 'Spawns in the air, When player goes under in falls, and gets destroyed~'
Gravity Distortion, 'Puts your screen upside down when you get hit in anti gravity places'
ShellShield, 'use it as a normal shield behind your back, and it lasts you 2 attacks~'
Hook Shot, 'bring players a step back, or yourself forward! 3 uses only'
Oil Splash, 'Same as banana, but oil!~'
Gravity Defector. 'Super rare only on last place, works like the Horn, Disables surrounding players gravity causing them too fall'
Purple Shell, 'Hits everyone, Like the blueshell used to0'

~Mario Kart 64 title screens~

~Art Style of the game~

With all that, If you want to help us all please let me know and where you want to help us with! ^.^

I Thank you all for your time~

~Harold1995~

*http://tinyurl.com/o9rnww3* project whattomakelist 'I hate how i can't eidt my post :D'

Mario Kart 64 HD Fan Remake 'Non-Profit.'
Unreal Engine 4~ Blender, Substance Painter, Gimp, Photoshop, Sketchup ect..

So, I was thinking, A Mario Kart 64 remake in HD? Why not!~
Since they are already remaking a Super Mario 64 HD fan project!
I started working on this myself but i did not get further then the half finished design of the title screen..

I would love to work further on it unfortunately i don't have the required skillz to pull this all of by myself :(
So i wondered,... Plenty of people love Mario Kart 64 right? Right!?
Turns out alot did! Horay!

Anyway
getting to the point, I would love to ask if people want to help me, and not only me but yourself if you are a MK64 lover!, There is much to be done! but the more awesome people help, the better and faster its getting done~

We do it as a team, Because Come on.... Who doesn't like one of your favorite games turn into a beautiful HD Remake! Made partly by YOU! :D

Under here are some ideas to start with and some more information, Please take your time to read it and tell me if you want to make something thats on there or not~

~What needs to be done list here~
http://tinyurl.com/o9rnww3

~All new idea's list, and what we like to see in the final game~
https://tinyurl.com/meqkkoo

~Mario Kart 64 title screens: http://imgur.com/a/jwEha#0

~Art Style of the game: https://sketchfab.com/models/a21cffbe8b8c4ae9b1614f26f2da8fed

~Extra: Super Mario 64 HD Remake and Article : http://www.theguardian.com/technolo...mario-64-high-definition-mod?CMP=share_btn_tw

With all that, If you want to help us all please let me know and where you want to help us with! ^.^

I Thank you all for your time~
~Harold1995~

Last edited by a moderator:
What programming software are you using? and How can I get the software to help you help you out. I'm not a Newb at computers. I've been using computers since I was little back in the 1980's.

Reactions: Harold1995
What programming software are you using? and How can I get the software to help you help you out. I'm not a Newb at computers. I've been using computers since I was little back in the 1980's.

Awesome! We are planning on using Unreal Engine 4 as our main engine! 'Wich might be computer heavy for editing'

For 3D modelling i recommend using:

Blender - Google Sketchup - Unity 3D ect..

For Texturing I recommend using: Photoshop - Gimp - Substance Painter - And other Adobe Applications ,Illustrator, Indesign

For Coding 'I am not an expert on that': Notepad ++ Unreal Engine 4 Editor, ect...

I am not certain what type of skills you got. Maybe you got all of them ;D
Take a look at the art styles in maps we are going for: https://sketchfab.com/models/a21cffbe8b8c4ae9b1614f26f2da8fed
Please do ask if you need help/or anything more ^.^

~Harold1995~

I'm good with art & coding. I even built my own website that I have been running for over 12 years. Has of right now. I'm fixing some coding in my old pages, just to make the pages look good. I have over 1,000+ pages and I'm going through every single one, To make sure the pages have tables. I can do 3 pages in 5 minutes. So I have more then enough time for this project.

Oh woah!~ That website looks great man :D Going to save it in my favorites!
We defenetly coders helping with this project~

Nintendo, just pay these people, polish their work and have it released for wii U, everyone wins.

Nintendo, just pay these people, polish their work and have it released for wii U, everyone wins.

haha xD If only....
Doint stuff for free is fun too though ^.^

I got my hands on Unreal Engine 4 & Blender. I already have photoshop. I just need to get the other programs.. When I designed my website. I didn't know jack about html coding. I learned as I went along. I also got some help from online friends who came & went. I couldn't done it without them.

Reactions: 532
Ah nice :D do ya know how to use the programs too??
And what are your coding skills? other then website

Ah nice :D do ya know how to use the programs too??
And what are your coding skills? other then website

coding isn't that hard. back in the late 80's to early 90's my friend & I messed with old computer Programs. I'm also trying to work on designing my own old school NES 8-Bit games. Also I'm a fast learner.

coding isn't that hard. back in the late 80's to early 90's my friend & I messed with old computer Programs. I'm also trying to work on designing my own old school NES 8-Bit games. Also I'm a fast learner.

Sweet! :D Just what i need!~ My coding skills are bad,
We are at early stages of the project so far so i am not sure what a coder can do :O
Do you know how to make controls for the karts like the 64 version? that be great :D
also everyone seems to be on here: http://www.mariokart64.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1424405956/50
rather then on here for some reason lol

I could help out if you would like! I could help come up with ideas, and if you need any animations that have to do with pixels, I can help with that as well.

I could help out if you would like! I could help come up with ideas, and if you need any animations that have to do with pixels, I can help with that as well.

Sweet! :D Can you animate characters? or atleast the player select ones?:3
Not the ones that are in there now tho those are just placeholders c;

Sweet! :D Can you animate characters? or atleast the player select ones?:3
Not the ones that are in there now tho those are just placeholders c;
I'm good at animating things with pixels, so if you want one that looks 8-bit, 16-bit, etc, I could do that.

I'm good at animating things with pixels, so if you want one that looks 8-bit, 16-bit, etc, I could do that.

Uhh i can't think of anything with that less amount of pixels! :(

Uhh i can't think of anything with that less amount of pixels! :(
I can animate the characters in the character select screen in 16-bit. They would just be placeholders though.

I can animate the characters in the character select screen in 16-bit. They would just be placeholders though.

unfortunately we don't really need that tho :O
Maybe you should try to do higher resolution animations :3

unfortunately we don't really need that tho :O
Maybe you should try to do higher resolution animations :3
Alright. For now I could just come up with ideas for the project I guess

Alright. For now I could just come up with ideas for the project I guess

Alright :O Sorry for that!~
Tell me when u got good ideas! Thank you that you want too help ^.^

*The early days*
A cave for Luigi's Raceway, instead of a tunnel,
cg67f4v.jpg